18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone

i submitted my aos package last month and then they sent me an rfe telling me to submit a copy of i-693 completed by civil surgeon. i thought i dont need to send one cause my medical exam was not more than 1 year to this date, so what i did was i only included in the package the DS-3025 vaccination record that i got from st. luke medical clinic that i got before i went to my k1 interview at manila embassy. its really confusing....! we called the uscis civil surgeon today and they said i need to have another physical exam with a uscis civil surgeon here in the US. did this happent to anyone here too? or just me...it really sucks. :crying:

Event Date

Meet Online : October 2005

First Visit : June 2007

Second Visit : End of December 2007 - January 2008

Engaged : December 29, 2007 (inside the airport car waaaa!!)

Third Visit : March 2009

I-129F Sent : April 22, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : May 14, 2009

I-129F NOA2 : August 14, 2009

NOA2 letter recd: August 20, 2009

NVC left : August 25, 2009

NVC letter recd: August 26, 2009

Consulate recd: unknown

Packet 3 : no packet 3

Medical : Sept. 14 - 15, 2009 - passed

Interview: Sept. 23, 2009 - Approved! yay thank you lord

POE : California - October 22, 2009 with my sweetie!

Relax. Click here and find out if there's a helpful CS near your area.

Was it stated in your DS-3025 that your vaccination history is complete?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Timeline
hello everyone

i submitted my aos package last month and then they sent me an rfe telling me to submit a copy of i-693 completed by civil surgeon. i thought i dont need to send one cause my medical exam was not more than 1 year to this date, so what i did was i only included in the package the DS-3025 vaccination record that i got from st. luke medical clinic that i got before i went to my k1 interview at manila embassy. its really confusing....! we called the uscis civil surgeon today and they said i need to have another physical exam with a uscis civil surgeon here in the US. did this happent to anyone here too? or just me...it really sucks. :crying:

sorry , but it happened to all filers for AOS, if u are in hurry go and do another full medical exam.

i got the same rfe as lot of filers. yes i know its so bad coz u was waitibg for good news and in short time .

good luck

Please post the full text of the RFE you got on VJ so that we can help you interpret what it is asking for. The information you have gotten so far may be wrong because you have given us incomplete information.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
Relax. Click here and find out if there's a helpful CS near your area.

Was it stated in your DS-3025 that your vaccination history is complete?

it says vaccination history incomplete and below it says i may be elligible for blanket waiver because vaccination is not medically appropriate.

Event Date

it says vaccination history incomplete and below it says i may be elligible for blanket waiver because vaccination is not medically appropriate.

That's a waiver to let you in the country. Not a waiver to AOS. You need to complete all the vaccines, and then have your vaccines transcribed by the CS.

I'd really like to wait until I've read the whole paragraph of what they want before advising you further.

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Timeline
That's a waiver to let you in the country. Not a waiver to AOS. You need to complete all the vaccines, and then have your vaccines transcribed by the CS.

I'd really like to wait until I've read the whole paragraph of what they want before advising you further.

the rfe is in the mail only and its 1 whole page of a bond paper. it says they want my i-693 completed by a CS.

Event Date

Alright, well, I don't feel comfortable advising you on what you should do based on assumptions which could be wrong.

Furthermore, since hardly anyone provides this full text, it is nearly impossible for others in the same or similar situations to compare what they got to what others get.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

the rfe is in the mail only and its 1 whole page of a bond paper. it says they want my i-693 completed by a CS.

You may want to type out the details written on the RFE notice and share it here on VJ so others can advise you on the best way to proceed and fulfill the requirements =')

Good luck!

Edited by Fatima and Jim

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Alright, well, I don't feel comfortable advising you on what you should do based on assumptions which could be wrong.

Furthermore, since hardly anyone provides this full text, it is nearly impossible for others in the same or similar situations to compare what they got to what others get.

Im about to do AOS and hopefully I won't get an RFE, but if I do, you bet your bottom dollar I will type out the ENTIRE RFE. Ive seen you ask for this many times.. Nik+Heather, you guys were very instrumental in putting together the Civil Surgeon list so I feel like I need to give back (if I get an RFE)! Thank you for your help! (F)

I think the "complete" is checked only if you got everything on the list. The waiver is because it's not appropriate for a person and that's okay for AOS. Here's some text taken from the Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons.

A blanket waiver is a waiver that is applied uniformly to a group of conditions and does not require a separate waiver application or fee to be filed with USCIS. In many cases, it might not be medically appropriate to administer a dose of a particular vaccine. Four “Not Medically Appropriate” categories are acceptable when determining an applicant’s eligibility for a blanket waiver.

• Not age appropriate

• Contraindication

• Insufficient time interval between doses

• Not flu season

And in the instructions of how to fill out the "results" section of the immunization form:

Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s).

Completion of a vaccine series is not required to conclude the medical examination, because such a requirement would require multiple visits to a civil surgeon and could lead to unnecessary delay in the immigration process. If any of the boxes under the “Not Medically Appropriate” heading was checked, the “Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above” box must also be checked.
This box will probably
always be checked
because some vaccines may not be age appropriate for the applicant

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Nich, I agree, that blanket waiver will almost always be checked. I'm not sure that vaccine history INCOMPLETE will always be checked. Nik's wasn't complete, so I can't compare with the paperwork we have in hand.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Nich, I agree, that blanket waiver will almost always be checked. I'm not sure that vaccine history INCOMPLETE will always be checked. Nik's wasn't complete, so I can't compare with the paperwork we have in hand.

Ours has Tdap with a date and check under completed series column

Two dates for MMR (6 wks apart) and check under completed series column

VH for Varicella in the completed series column

Then every other immunization in the list ticked "not age appropriate."

Results section

(checked) Vaccine History Incomplete

(checked) Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccinations(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above.)

And AOS was granted with no RFE.

Who really knows what all this RFE stuff is about? I wish people would detail what theirs said exactly.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'll let you know on this.

Mine is marked "Incomplete" because several were not age appropriate.

There is someone I know that has "complete" marked but I haven't seen it yet. I'll let you know if she has them ALL of if they're not age appropriate like mine.

Ours has Tdap with a date and check under completed series column

Two dates for MMR (6 wks apart) and check under completed series column

VH for Varicella in the completed series column

Then every other immunization in the list ticked "not age appropriate."

Results section

(checked) Vaccine History Incomplete

(checked) Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccinations(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above.)

And AOS was granted with no RFE.

Who really knows what all this RFE stuff is about? I wish people would detail what theirs said exactly.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised when things are ambiguous or confusing when it comes to this process. :wacko:

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.