Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congrats Stef! Can't wait to see pictures of your LO! hoping both mom and baby are doing good and healthy

Kel - Way to go!!!

Stef - Keep us posted! Can't wait to see new baby pics.

So, I have been off birth control (Loestrin) now for maybe 3 weeks and I am feeling so hormonal. I feel like I am bitchy all the time (BTW, sorry Caro if I came across a bit snappy in the breastfeeding post) and want to eat more than usual. Also having cramping. I don't remember how my body handled it the last time I came off birth control. Does anyone know how long it generally takes your body to even out?

Oh, not at all! I was worried that I may have come across like that :)

Speaking of BC - I'm having my mirena removed. weird thing: when I was pregnant, I was angrier than usual. 17 months after giving birth, I still have a shorter fuse. It really hit home when Justin told me about a month ago that I've been yelling at him more. I'm thinking maybe the hormones in the mirena may be the reason, so I'm having it removed and see if that helps. We're thinking about trying for baby #2 towards the end of the year so I was going to have it removed regardless.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

That's odd, Caro. I thought the hormones in Mirena were supposed to be localized (meaning they don't get in your bloodstream) and low dose. At least that's what I had read - and half the reason I was considering getting it. Though if you were going to have it taken out anyway, it probably doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey ladies, I'm a mama of 2 boys now! :) So here's the birth story!

It was a much easier birth than with Ben! It was actually a very very good experience! I've had tons of irregular contractions for days, and finally around 11p on wednesday they got stronger and about every 10 minutes apart. I was worried about the hour long drive to the hospital and then organizing babysitting for Ben in the middle of the night took some time too, so I called the midwife after I had contractions for about 45 min and totld her we're headed to the hospital.

The car ride was weird, I could have sworn that it was a false alarm and I was really scared that they would send me home, lol, that would have been so embarrassing bec I am a L&D nurse.

I got super lucky, one of my best nursing buddies was working that night and once she hooked me to the monitor I had contractions every 3-5 minutes. So hubby and I walked around the unit for about an hour (we got there at 1:30am) had some pizza (they had a retirement party) and gossiped and then my water broke right on the floor, haha, so they admitted me and once the water broke my contractions got reaaaaallly bad. My midwife tried to get me into the tub but I was so worried it would be too late for an epidural, because they had to call the anesthesiologist in. He did take 90 minutes to show up, I think my epidural started working around 5am, then my contractions stopped, so I got pit and whooom, they came back full force, just as the anesthesia dude left for the gym! He came back around 7am to top me off and at that point I was at 8cm.

At 830am my midwife was supposed to go home and I was really sad, she came in to say goodbye and decided to check me one more time and I was 10cm, so she changed her mind , got into her scrubs and at 8:45 I was pushing, baby Kai was born at 09:11!!

The pushing did not hurt at all! I couldn't even believe how easy it was! There was no pain at all, I guess the anesthesia worked wonders ! I had a 2nd degree laceration and she was able to repair that without lidocaine becasue I was so numb!

Once the shoulders were born she told me to "pull" him out, it felt weird but I pulled him on my stomach where he stayed for about 45 min until the cord stopped pulsing and the placenta came out. OMG he is so perfect! It was such a peaceful and nice atmosphere, so different from Ben's birth! She let me push on my side to protect the pelvis and it worked! I'm pretty sore but it did not seperate! I am so so thankful for all the awesome people who were there and helped me give birth, including my hubby, he was so great! :P

We're home now, we had some issues with jaundice but thank God it resolved by itself. So far he is a pretty easygoing little man he is eating a LOT and is already gaining weight!

Oh and he weighed 8lbs 7oz, so he was smaller than Ben!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, Im glad things went great! You pushed about the same as me and our kids were the exact same weight! Yay for great epidurals! I didnt feel any pain either! Kai does look more like you, hes beautiful

So im yielding about 20ozs of breastmilk a day now and Salma is consuming about 24ozs so were still supplementing 2 feedings. Im pumping about 9 times a day. I honestly cannot imagine doing anymore. I havent tried fenugreek or anything yet but thinking I might give it a shot. Im so worried about going back to work and not having enough BM to bring to the babysitters everyday. Ive read that so many people have had luck with increasing supply with one beer. Is that safe? I just couldnt imagine giving Salma breastmilk tainted with alcohol

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

so here's a picture of Mr. Kai. He looks a little more like me, but I do see a lot of Ben in him too!

Congrats, love your birth story! He is so cute! :luv:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Kel, I wish I could help you out, I am so engorged and in so much pain I had to pump all night to keep me sane. The pain from the milk coming in is totally out of control. It's so bad, I am having chills and fevers, it was the same with Ben. Thank God it's getting better today, I already have so many bags in the freezer which is the only good thing about it.

It sucks how some moms struggle to keep up their supply and others have waaayy too much.

About the beer- I don't think 1 beer is going to be bad, (hehe I'm german) but they have these breastmilk alcohol testers at target, maybe you could get these and check your milk. I'd try maybe half a beer and see how you feel, if it makes you tipsy then I'd stop. I heard great things about beer increasing your supply.

Did you try the mothers' tea? I saw it at babies r us and target.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Stef - he is a handsome little guy! :luv:

Kelly - one of my friends found that a beer every once in a while helped her supply. She was pumping during the day and bf'ing at home during the night.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Kel, I wish I could help you out, I am so engorged and in so much pain I had to pump all night to keep me sane. The pain from the milk coming in is totally out of control. It's so bad, I am having chills and fevers, it was the same with Ben. Thank God it's getting better today, I already have so many bags in the freezer which is the only good thing about it.

It sucks how some moms struggle to keep up their supply and others have waaayy too much.

About the beer- I don't think 1 beer is going to be bad, (hehe I'm german) but they have these breastmilk alcohol testers at target, maybe you could get these and check your milk. I'd try maybe half a beer and see how you feel, if it makes you tipsy then I'd stop. I heard great things about beer increasing your supply.

Did you try the mothers' tea? I saw it at babies r us and target.

Congrats! He is sooo cute! I was the same way with Eman, I had so much milk that my clothes would be soaked when I would wake up for feedings. The milk was flowing nonstop. I remember standing in the shower and just watching the milk stream down...lol...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congrats Stef! He's perfect! and what a great birth story. How is Ben adjusting to the big brother role? All these stories of second births being easier than the first is giving me hope :)

@Tracy: Don't take me as an example, I think I might be extra sensitive to hormones or something. When I was pregnant, I wasn't just "sensitive"...I was a complete nut case! and I had problems with the pill before.

Stef, Im glad things went great! You pushed about the same as me and our kids were the exact same weight! Yay for great epidurals! I didnt feel any pain either! Kai does look more like you, hes beautiful

So im yielding about 20ozs of breastmilk a day now and Salma is consuming about 24ozs so were still supplementing 2 feedings. Im pumping about 9 times a day. I honestly cannot imagine doing anymore. I havent tried fenugreek or anything yet but thinking I might give it a shot. Im so worried about going back to work and not having enough BM to bring to the babysitters everyday. Ive read that so many people have had luck with increasing supply with one beer. Is that safe? I just couldnt imagine giving Salma breastmilk tainted with alcohol

Kel, half a beer is as much as I would go. It will help the let down reflex, but not increase the amount of milk you pump. I can tell you from experience that half a beer will not register on the BM alcohol test that Stef mentioned :blush: I think Salma's next grow spurt is at 6 weeks? at that time you will need to increase your supply again. A BFing baby would nurse every hour for one (or two?) days during grow spurts, which would increase your supply, so you may need to duplicate that.

I know you are working so hard at this, and you are doing great! When are you going back to work?

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

@Tracy: Don't take me as an example, I think I might be extra sensitive to hormones or something. When I was pregnant, I wasn't just "sensitive"...I was a complete nut case! and I had problems with the pill before.

Saludos,

Caro

:lol: Okay - good to know. :D I think I'll go talk to my doctor about it.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Chnst!!!

Congratulations!!! He's so beautiful! Also congratz on a natural birth without complication.

Zaidsmommy - I drink beer about every other day for a week, no more than one bottle though, sometimes half, sometimes all. I drink while I nurse or right after so when I nurse him next it should be gone or almost gone from my system... I tend to think a little beer once in a while wouldnt cause harm to him. I havnt drink for a few weeks now though..

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Caro, I go back to work 3 weeks from today. Right when Salma will be 6 weeks. During the afternoons Ive been trying to pump every 1-1.5 hours for a few hours when Salma takes a good nap and hubby is home but normally I pump every 2-3 because that is how often she eats. Last night she slept 7 hours. I didnt pump because I never expected her to sleep that long and I assumed she would wake me up. Well even after 7 hours I wasnt engorged and not even in pain. i pumped about 5ozs which is equivalent to 2 normal pumps but Im just beginning to think I wont have enough supply from exclusively pumping.

I will go to babies r us today and get the tea Stef mentioned and maybe run over to vitamin world and get some fenugreek. Ive heard fenugreek causes diarreah though and I really dont want to deal with that. Guess ill have to see that for myself lol.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Stef@ I love reading your story, it sounded really easy and your boy is too cute.

Wow now you girls have to tell me how do you handle two kids? well, one newborn and a tot. Hubby is being talking about baby#2 non stop, he is getting really annoying, he is really pushing for it but I'm on the other side. Wr live in a 1BDR apartment, we are lucky we have enoguh space for the three of us. Our bedroom is very big and Sofia has her own area but still, I'm not planning to get pregnant UNTIL we move to another place. Silvio says that we can first get pregnant and then move, but no way Jose! He thinks I'm being selfish thinking just about me (not really I'm thinking about our family, we need to be comfortable and there is no way I'll bring a little baby to this apartment), he says that Sofia needs a little brother or sister, and yes, I get it but not now.

Last Saturday we had a very interesting conversation about it, it didn't end very well but it's ok, I think because his birthday is getting closer he is being extra sensitive, :bonk: , too bad, I won't change my mind. I mentioned it to my family in Peru and they fully support me :thumbs: , I'm being the responsible one now, I hope in a few day he starts feeling better and THINK! :yes: .

Sofia is acting crazy, she doesn't want me around "HER DADDY" she keeps saying "DADDY MINE" so funny, we are very affectionate to each other and she is not enjoying it too much, whenever she sees us hugging or kissing she comes and tries to separate us and bite me! can you beleve it? she is not understanding time outs, what to do mommies? I sound very seriuos ans I raise my voice so she knows I'm not playing but she laughs on my face :help: . I need you advice!

sofsmile-1.jpg