Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Stef, he did have a slight fever. He is feeling much better now. We knew it was infection because he had thick green boogers and kept telling us his head was ouchy.

Karen, "Buddy" is so cute! Zaid says "Munny" My husband is such a sucker he was going to buy Zaid one. I had to put my foot down on that right away. I didnt want no stinky animal to take care of. lol. I feel the same way about the boys being 2 already. I had a real tough weekend. Everything I do I think to myself, "This time 2 years ago I was (insert sappy pregnancy story here)" IDK maybe im in a rut bc were TTC with no luck yet (3 months) and realizing I do not have a regular cycle.(it was 38 days between March and April) I really miss the baby baby stuff and cant wait to get pregnant again.

On a happy note, Watching Zaid grow up and mature is delightful. Yesterday at the grocery store he kept telling all the people who worked there "Byyee Sweetie!" and blowing them kisses. He is one stinker for sure. I know I shouldnt be sad about Zaid growing up, and Im not for the most part, I just know I am no where done having kids. 3-4 more is REALLY what im aiming for. god willing

Kelly, have you tried natural family planning yet?? They say it is a good way for women with irregular cycles to track their fertile days. Best of luck! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Susita: good luck to you!!! I know a lot of people wh had successful VBAC's including my mom and Evi here, so in case you go into early labor or something, don't worry too much about the rupture risk. But either way, I wish you all the best for your delivery!!! Can't wait to see pics!

My doc is wonderful. He presented me with the info and let me choose. What worried me is that in both c-section and VBAC the risks are pretty low of anything going wrong BUT if something does go wrong in the VBAC more harm will be done to the baby than if I'd have a c-section. I've done a lot of reading up on it, and I'm proud to say I think that I feel more comfortable knowing that if something goes wrong she should be OK :)

Plus, I had a really easy recovery last time from the c-section so I'm not super worried about that either. :)

Vi ~ I wrote you on FB, but no I don't have an address in Manhattan :( I wish I did! :lol: Thank you for thinking of me though that is too nice of you.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Zaidsmommy: I hope Zaid is doing better. If the pedi still thinks it is an infection, ask them for typing the strain and a culture and an antibiogram to see what you are up against and what antibiotics it is resistant to. My MD sister is very adamant to have that done in such situations. Stuff like colds, UTIs and kidney infections she recommends to have a culture/swab done. That way you know which medicine will work. They actually did that here in the US with me when I had my kidney infection.

@ Autumn: Yeah Jona likes that too, just he still sleeps in a crib so he can't do that at night. He falls asleep though right away so there wouldn't be anything he could try anyways. He keeps using boxes and toys to step on them and reach stuff he isn't supposed to. ANd all those baby proofing things just don't cut it anymore. He pulls out outlet covers (and has been for a while), opens door knobs and locks.... Sheesh I am glad that our alarm system has that chime option, so whenever a door is opened, it beeps.

@ Susita: Good luck to you on Wednesday. :) I understand your decision completely, while I would try for labor cause VBACS are super closely monitored (my friend had one) so if something were to happen, they have everything prepped for a csection stat. But surgery is just something that scares the hell out of me and I will always try to avoid like crazy, if possible.

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Stef, he did have a slight fever. He is feeling much better now. We knew it was infection because he had thick green boogers and kept telling us his head was ouchy.

Karen, "Buddy" is so cute! Zaid says "Munny" My husband is such a sucker he was going to buy Zaid one. I had to put my foot down on that right away. I didnt want no stinky animal to take care of. lol. I feel the same way about the boys being 2 already. I had a real tough weekend. Everything I do I think to myself, "This time 2 years ago I was (insert sappy pregnancy story here)" IDK maybe im in a rut bc were TTC with no luck yet (3 months) and realizing I do not have a regular cycle.(it was 38 days between March and April) I really miss the baby baby stuff and cant wait to get pregnant again.

On a happy note, Watching Zaid grow up and mature is delightful. Yesterday at the grocery store he kept telling all the people who worked there "Byyee Sweetie!" and blowing them kisses. He is one stinker for sure. I know I shouldnt be sad about Zaid growing up, and Im not for the most part, I just know I am no where done having kids. 3-4 more is REALLY what im aiming for. god willing

holy cow, good luck! I think I want 2 and if the 2nd baby is a sleeper maybe 3 soemwhere down the road, but we will see. Right now I have my hand full with one. Haha, Ben is saying all these funny things too. We were at a restaurant and a really good looking young girl came in (she was maybe 18)- he turns around and says "Hey! What ya doing?" LOL He did the same thing with the waitress! haha. Almost 2 years, time flies, but I really love every single stage. Eveyry time I think he can't get any cuter/funner, he does something new. I love it.

Susita: all the best for a healthy delivery and minimal pain. Where are you having the baby?

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, your right. Had Zaid not been a good sleeper I may feel different lol. Its just sooo bittersweet all the time. He has a "friend" now. They are best buddies. His name is Dylan and he is the neighbor boy who is 5. Now that the weather is warm Dylan comes over to play in Zaids sandbox, swingset, etc everyday. They actually play quite well together and Zaid is infatuated. He cries across the fence when Dylan has to go home and its just soo sweet seeing him have his 1st friend.

Anna, the antibiotics cleared up Zaids sickies in like 2 days. Its actually only the 2nd time hes ever been on an antibiotic. Im glad the both of us feel much better but now hubby has it...Hopefully he rids of it by the end of the week and were all back to good.

Staashi. Im gonna give it a few more months. Ive never known I didnt have a regular cycle until now, but this is the first time in my life I have ever charted my cycle. Maybe the weather change played a factor, who knows? Im gonna keep an eye on it the next month or two and this month I may try the ovulation sticks. My friend conceived on em the first month she tried, we shall see.

On a positive note, Ive been cigarette and alcohol free for almost 3 months now!!! Yay!!

wanted to add, we just ordered Zaids birthday present. A radio flyer 3 wheel scooter and a toy story helmet. He has wanted a darn "feetfork" aka skateboard for months now so were gonna get him one he can actually ride without worrying about him falling :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It really is bittersweet to see them growing up. I miss my babies but love my crazy toddlers! OMG...we found an old phone in a box this weekend. We pulled it out and let the babies play with it. I pretended to talk to someone the other day and gave it to the babies. Now anytime Zak has it he says "allo" into the mouthpiece and then hands it to me to talk to the person on it. I am running out of creative responses! I let them both try to climb up the outside stairs today. First time with stairs and Zak was awesome! I think it helped his confidence because he was walking more and more tonight.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We're back from Brazil. I left my mom taking care of Ben so we could go to the beach. First I cried like a baby when she was taking him back to her city, which was like an hour away only. Then after 2 days I asked my mom to drive back to the city we were cuz I missed him so much. Then she went back to her city with him for another 5 days and when we came back he was changed.

My mom talks non stop and now Ben yells, not yelling like he's mad, it's like he wants to hear his voice, sounds like a seal and he does that a lot, especially when we are in a place that echoes, for example, the airplane bathroom at 2 am when everybody was sleeping. My baby used to behave so much and now he's loud :cry::P

And he's also more needy. My mom would be with him at all times and make him sleep and all, and now instead of going to find a place to take a nap like he has always done, he comes and he wants to be with me, like right now he's sleepy, usually he would go and lie down on this pillow i have here next to the conputer, but no, he has his head against my leg using as a pillow and he cries cuz I ignore him. Yesterday night it took him hours to fall asleep cuz he wouldn't want to go to his place alone. I used to let him do this thing so he wouldn't be clingy, now I don't know how am I gonna change him back.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

We're back from Brazil. I left my mom taking care of Ben so we could go to the beach. First I cried like a baby when she was taking him back to her city, which was like an hour away only. Then after 2 days I asked my mom to drive back to the city we were cuz I missed him so much. Then she went back to her city with him for another 5 days and when we came back he was changed.

My mom talks non stop and now Ben yells, not yelling like he's mad, it's like he wants to hear his voice, sounds like a seal and he does that a lot, especially when we are in a place that echoes, for example, the airplane bathroom at 2 am when everybody was sleeping. My baby used to behave so much and now he's loud :cry::P

And he's also more needy. My mom would be with him at all times and make him sleep and all, and now instead of going to find a place to take a nap like he has always done, he comes and he wants to be with me, like right now he's sleepy, usually he would go and lie down on this pillow i have here next to the conputer, but no, he has his head against my leg using as a pillow and he cries cuz I ignore him. Yesterday night it took him hours to fall asleep cuz he wouldn't want to go to his place alone. I used to let him do this thing so he wouldn't be clingy, now I don't know how am I gonna change him back.

The boys spent 10 days with my mom once when I went on vacation and the same thing happened. They got so needy and clingy, but I think it's because they really missed me while I was gone and in a week or 2 they were back to normal. I wouldn't change anything, just do things the way you normally do and see what happens. Kids really get used to certain routines and some have to adjust and readjust when things like that happen.

I'm glad your mom got to spend time with him though, he got spoiled by abuela :)

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Awwwwwww, Nessa - he's so cute. BTW - Happy Birthday, Ben!!! :dance:

My MIL spoils Enzo by rocking him to sleep. He has never falling asleep on his own. :( He'll be there soooooo tired and needs someone to sing to him. I want to bop someone on the head for this. :ranting:

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Timeline

Happy Bday Ben!!!

Susita....best of luck tomorrow <3

Zaids Mommy - Congrats on the cigs/booze free milestone! That is awesome and you must be so proud of yourself!

Anyhoo, I've been keeping quiet lately here cos I was sweating out some test results. I did my 16 week blood screening the other week, AND I'm such a worrier it's not even funny. Seriously, I need to do something about it because it really affects me.

Before the bloodwork, because of my age, supposedly, I had a 1 in 173 chance of having a Down's baby. The blood screening results came back, and apparently now I have a 1 in 1400 chance! w00t. Doc says I'm the same risk as a 25 year old! I'm meeting with another high risk dr on the 3rd for some genetic mapping stuff, and then I get another ultrasound. They said the ultrasound will also change the risk odds, so apparently, the chances could get even better, which would be awesome! They also said after the ultrasound will be the time to decide if I want an amnio done, but I'm leaning towards not having it done because it's so invasive, and there's a risk of miscarriage.

Oh, negative for the cystic fibrosis too btw. Yay!

I was born with a rare-ish form of anemia, which is posing a little bit of a problem. But in the grand scheme of things, it's not the worst thing to deal with :D I have been doing nothing but thanking God profusely since yesterday, heh.

Timeline

To all: Sebas with the Texas bluebonnets :star:

23804_378848253279_559203279_3552707_6274465_n.jpg

23804_378848293279_559203279_3552714_1029606_n.jpg

Saludos,

Caro

OMG that's just way too cute!

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

I just got back from my ultrasound and I'm :angry: Techie won't tell me the gender of the baby! Apparently due to the abortion law in British Columbia, Canada, they're not allowed to reveal the gender until after 20 weeks. That law came about to prevent a certain ethnic group from practicing gendercide. Sigh...I'll call the midwife early next week and inquire when she recieves their diagnosis.

Anyhoo, the baby is fine & clocked 157 bpm heart rate. She's (I'm inclined to call it a "she") got a smallish head but nothing to worry about, said the Techie. She was generally quiet, moving around but subdue, like she's sleeping.

glad to hear the baby is ok. I'm :o at the gendercide, #######?

I feel with you girls. I'm in my 20th week and feel like a whale as well. We just had our US yesterday and found out that we are going to have a boy. Heartrate was 150 and everything seemed normal. She just couldnt find the left heart ventrikel because of the way the baby was moving. So I'll have another US in 5 weeks!

congrats on your boy.

Thank you mommies for all your advices to be honest I was speaking mostly in spanish but mixing it with english from time to time so now I know thta I have to speak JUST SPANISH to Sofia. We just came back from her swimming lesson and she is snoring like her daddy so mami and daddy get to relax a little bit. She just learned to say Hi! so she says it to everybody now, she looks so cute :luv: and when I finish breastfeeding she says bye bye to the ####### :luv:

Susita@ Mamma, you still around ! what name have you decided for your little one?

lol@ bye bye to the #######. And that's great she's already talking. Ben sends kiss to everybody, the ladies love him.

Good wishes to you, Susita :)

I can't believe Declan will be 2 in less than a month! I swear, I was just pregnant!!! He amuses me so much lately with the things he does. Since Easter, he has been saying "buddy" (bunny) and then hopping around the room. It is the cutest thing. His other new favorite thing is to turn the light on and off in his room. He pushed a toy over to the light switch and climbed on it to reach it. This is not so cute when he is supposed to be in bed. He used to just lie there when he didn't want to sleep. Now, he just gets out of bed, turns the light on and starts playing. Argh!

2 already? time really flies.

I can't believe my baby is a toddler and not a baby anymore :cry:

thanks for the wishes. When is susita having her baby? tomorrow?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ Happy b-day Ben!!!!! and Welcome back, I was thinking about you, how was the flight? how was the trip in general? I love the pic of Ben walking, too cute and the other one with the Coco! :star: . Sofia is saying a few words MAMA- DADA, DADEEEE, AGUA, HI, BYE BYE, ALO and I fell the same way, I can't believe thta Sofia is a toddler, I miss the baby stage but I'm enjoying her so much,she surprises me everyday :luv:

Girls I went shopping for clothes the other day to BRUs and got just a few clothes for my little one and then went to Kmart to take a pick to their baby/kids clothes sections and ended buying so many clothes, I found t-shirts, short,jeans, hoddies, leggings for $1.98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in shock when I saw the prices, I couldn't believe my eyes, so my baby is all set for the summer!

Susita@ Tomorrow is the day!,I'll be thinking about you, I got your message on fb...

Twila@ Sofia loves the phone, we think that she will end working at Verizon one day or AT&T, hahaha whenever somebody calls the house she puts her hand on her ear and pretends thta she is talking on the phone,she say"Heouuuuuuuuuuuu"

Happy Bunny@ You have to relax mmommy do it for your baby, I remember my first trimester I was very scared about the whole thing, I had a friend who lost her baby at the eight week so I thought thta thta could happen to me and I worried to much until I had a serious conversation with my mom ...

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nessa - that pic of Ben on the beach is the best! What a little heartbreaker you have!

Only 6.5 weeks left until summer vacation for me! Yay! I can't wait to spend time with Hana and Zak.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Welcome back Nessa! Hope you had a good trip. Ben looks so cute and looks like he's having fun :star: How did he like the sea?

Good news about the tests Lisa, hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you :)

Good luck today Susita!!

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!