JelloShotGirl

ur opinion

44 posts in this topic

Just want your opinion. Would you rather just get picked up by your family at the airport right after u land or" crash" at a hotel for a day just to sleep ,shower and get orientated???? Hubby and I are going back to Philippines after 3 years we get there at 11 am local time; however its after taking a long overnight flight. Me , being the American, want to just take a shower and pass out, before being inundated with family members and possibly taking a 4 hour ride in traffic (Manila) before we get to his house. My husband is cheap LOL an prob will not go for the hotel, however I know he is gonna be cranky when he lands....heheh. what would u do???

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd go with the hotel. After a long flight, I just want to shower and sleep and be left alone so the ringing in my ear from the screaming child will go away.

Filed: Timeline

I'd rather do the hotel but I will be flying to India shortly and won't have the option. Family would consider it insulting if I did that.

That said, after that long flight I could likely fall asleep anywhere so it won't really matter. The hotel room would have come in handy because of the superior bathroom facilities... but it is not meant to be. I guess I'll just have to hold it for a few weeks.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Get a rest in a hotel for a while. You can take control of the situation. Persuade your husband about it.

It's no joke traveling from the U.S. to the Philippines and vice versa.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I'd rather do the hotel but I will be flying to India shortly and won't have the option. Family would consider it insulting if I did that.

That said, after that long flight I could likely fall asleep anywhere so it won't really matter. The hotel room would have come in handy because of the superior bathroom facilities... but it is not meant to be. I guess I'll just have to hold it for a few weeks.

That's it precisely.

When my husband visited me in the Philippines last year, I decided to stay with him in the hotel after picking him up from the airport. My family considered that move a heartache. My parents were so willing to welcome him at the airport and they saw it as an insult when I went there alone and worse, I didn't bring my man to my parents' house right away. I had to turn off my phone for days so I could not read their messages.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Perhaps is better if you don't go, this trip? If he is really cheap, he can see the cost benefits of just ONE person travelling (him) and then no worries about the family getting upset because of the 24 hour hotel sleepage.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

in india we are lucky we get to sleep about 12 hours before ur next flight to kashmir so we get that shower and bed......in egypt and pakistan we get picked up at the airport by family and is full of this family member and that family member that didnt make it to the airport coming to the house to see us........so that first night or two we sleep late...........

personally i would prefer to spend two days and nights at a hotel and get rested from the long flight then go to the families home..........but as some has said they see it as an insult.........

sara

Filed: Timeline
That's it precisely.

When my husband visited me in the Philippines last year, I decided to stay with him in the hotel after picking him up from the airport. My family considered that move a heartache. My parents were so willing to welcome him at the airport and they saw it as an insult when I went there alone and worse, I didn't bring my man to my parents' house right away. I had to turn off my phone for days so I could not read their messages.

If I visited often, I would do that. But I don't. This upcoming trip will be my first in 5 years. So I focus on keeping things pleasant.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

For us...from our front door to MNL is about 30 hours total travel time...ouch.

We vote for the hotel! :thumbs:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

If I visited often, I would do that. But I don't. This upcoming trip will be my first in 5 years. So I focus on keeping things pleasant.

Indeed. Like a real diplomat to the family.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hmmm, I don't know what I would do in your situation, but viewing it from mine and my family's I can say that they understand how exhausted we are after our trip and usually we get home and can go shower and sleep without them being bothered about it.

Last time we went we got some free tickets but it took us all over as opposed to a more direct flight, so in the end we left home at 11 am on Tuesday, and we arrived there at 1 am of Thursday, and then had a 2 hour drive to my parents. So we were traveling for about 40 hours, lots of waiting on airports with our luggage, no shower, etc. So of course they didn't expect us to be chatty or in a very good mood (which in fact I was I missed them so much that a cup of coffee got me chatting the 2 hr drive with no problems at all, the long trip almost forgotten, till I hit the bed of course).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can always arrive one day earlier without telling them, then drive to the airport to meet them. LOL

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
American's are so selfish! :P

go feed the stray cats. :bonk:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I always spend a couple of days in Odessa before moving on to visit the inlaws. IMHO it puts me in a better mood for them, and lets me spend a day or so ahem... relaxing with the wife.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif