Perry/Elena

Anyway to reissue a K1 after returning? Child medical

56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And, you don't have to answer here but to yourself:

What was the conclusion of the experiment? Will you two be able to live forever with each other?

K-1s are not supposed to be an experimental visa; that was supposed to be all worked out prior to filing.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the OP and his fiancee did a regrettable thing - but I don't see the sense in berating them about it. I think we've made the point that they cannot get the K1 reissued, and that we all feel that perhaps they overreacted with her going back to the Ukraine in this situation - but its water under the bridge at this point.

SA4userbar.jpg

Dude, on a K1 visa, if you get married within 90 days, you are golden.

-=Your Interpretation May Vary=- :whistle:

That is - until you file for the AOS - get the AP, EAD, then your "golden".

(or in this case, an emergency AP)

-----

About the IMBRA:

He would need to file a waiver for the petition because he previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of the current petition.

(and if he had 2 other K-1 petitions approved prior (at least one we know of), if applicable)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dude, on a K1 visa, if you get married within 90 days, you are golden.

-=Your Interpretation May Vary=- :whistle:

All thing being the same, the marriage event would change NOTHING in the OP's situation.... except that he would now be married with his wife stuck across the pond (instead of his fiancee) and using a K-1 again is out of the question...

The marriage event alone does NOT make him GOLDEN as you indicate...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
All thing being the same, the marriage event would change NOTHING in the OP's situation.... except that he would now be married with his wife stuck across the pond (instead of his fiancee) and using a K-1 again is out of the question...

The marriage event alone does NOT make him GOLDEN as you indicate...

It would have been fortunate in that they could now take the CR1/2 route instead of K1/2 but you are exactly correct. The marriage itself would have changed nothing with regard to her ability to return to the USA. Marriage, followed by filing AOS and obtaining AP is what it would have taken to be "golden".

Not sure why the discussion about hopes in retrospect, as they have nothing to do with the realities here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It would have been fortunate in that they could now take the CR1/2 route instead of K1/2 but you are exactly correct. The marriage itself would have changed nothing with regard to her ability to return to the USA. Marriage, followed by filing AOS and obtaining AP is what it would have taken to be "golden".

Not sure why the discussion about hopes in retrospect, as they have nothing to do with the realities here.

CR1/2 is still possible but the OP will be needing to pre-plan by gathering some needed documents from the US first and then invest about 3 weeks or so in Ukraine to get all the paperwork approvals needed there before a marriage at a ZAGS office can occur....

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
CR1/2 is still possible but the OP will be needing to pre-plan by gathering some needed documents from the US first and then invest about 3 weeks or so in Ukraine to get all the paperwork approvals needed there before a marriage at a ZAGS office can occur....

Certainly an option under those circumstances but arranging a three week visit is done at significant expense and inconvenience compared to filing another K1, which can be done now. I was referring to a filing choice alone, something to do NOW, something that would have resulted from marrying in the US, you know, the context of the current somewhat off-topic discussion, since they didn't marry.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

File for another K-1.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

You two adults go and fall in love and decide to move around the world dragging an innocent child along that depends on you. The plan shoudl have considered her, should have included getting married ASAP, filinf AOS ASAP and getting your wife and child on insurance ASAP, plus getting her in school, getting them set uo with doctors, denstists, SS card, yada, yada, blah, blah. Instead you make a 90 visit of it and what? THEN you would get married and do all that stuff? Sorry buddy, we are so blessed as to have 4 children between us and there is no way I would put them at risk for one moment of the next 3-4 months. You gambled with your fiancee and her child's benefits under the visa and lost. It is not something to gamble with, it is not a game, you are not dating, she is not the girl from the other side of town. When will people understand that this process is so much more involved than just getting a visa? She is not a souvenier and neither is the child. Everyone acts like the NOA2 is the achievement of a lifetime, it isn't even the beginning of the beginning. It isn't even challenging until your new wife and her children arrive.

Although I can't really work up a good fit of anger over the OP's decision (each to their own - at least until I hear the detail), I absolutely agree that the paperwork completion for SSN, insurance of all kinds, etc. kicks into overdrive soon after you get hitched. It is really important here to gets these things done early, but as was pointed out ad naseum, you need to be married first. We all spent WAY too much time pushing that paper, to guard against problems like the OP's.

Not true. If they are married (to the original petitioner) outside the 90 days, the beneficiary can still stay and file an I-130 along with the I-485. Once she leaves the US without marrying it is "game over"

True also - she could stay during the processing/adjudication, and considering the circumstances I think it would have been fine in the end. Water under the bridge, no? Now the burden the OP has is convincing her family that he is serious, and strong enough to care for the two of them. This is huge. Best of luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
It is possible to have the K-1 Visa revalidated if the Embassy/Consulate sees reason to do so (it is under their authority to do so, or not) and it'd certainly be worth a try, but I would not be terribly hopeful (unfortunately).

Perry - I suggest to try this route, until the Embassy says no.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.