samir_shannon

what is the dumbest thing you have ever done while drunk?

105 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Set my ####### on fire at a halloween party I was hosting (dressed as a mod air stewardess). I've described it in the post below following my PCraddy's interview in London where our evidence included a photo from that party. Luckily I was wearing a padded bra. I don't remember this but the whole in my polyster mini proves it. I really must get a picture up....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23460

FIRE IN THE DISCO! :devil:

:star: Joey

Two years ago, at our company's Christmas party, we had free access to a wet bar. Wanting to take full advantage of the rare opportunity, I asked one of my co-workers what kind of mixed drink would be worth trying (I rarely drink and when I do it's beer). He suggested a Long Island Iced Tea, which up to that point, I'd never had one before. It came with a little red straw and it went down like fruit punch. After my 4th or 5th one, my friends had to carry me back to my place where my 13 year old son was waiting for me to return from the party. The poor kid had to watch his grown father get deathly ill while lying on the living room floor. He brought me a garbage can and at one point he asked me if I knew who he was? Hopefully he learned his lesson about drinking that night. I was so ashamed.... :blush:

Ah, do as I say not as I do, huh? :thumbs: That's brillant. Had my father decided to do some psychedelic yodeling in front of me I might not have set my ####### on fire.

way to go joey!!!!!!!! :thumbs: lol

Well.......... too many stupid things years ago :blush::whistle: , but I kinda have to agree with Jen that now I just don't find it appealing to be so drunk that I can't remember how I've embarassed myself, or worse not be quite drunk enough that I DO remember how I've embarassed myself. To me now, liquor is an occasional enjoyment and because I just hardly drink at all anymore, my tolerance is WAAAAAAAAY low, so I have very little before I feel a buzz and say...ok, that's enough..lol. And I don't understand the point of carrying it so far that one gets sick... :wacko:

me neither. i dont barely drink anymore... that was when i was younger experimenting......i like a glass of wine now and then.

I dunno, I don't see much funny in someone posting a very patronizing-sounding "I'm sorry" at someone else's personal choice to not drink to excess (who, incidentally wasn't castigating anyone else for their choices).

I'm not saying that bringing up the engagement ring loss was necessary, but IMHO Mrs. Whizz's first post to Jen set the tone.

*shrug* Another day on VJ, right? ;)

As for my dumbest thing, I fell on a sauna heating unit and got a second degree burn. Still have the scar. :(

It was sarcasm. Man, that word should be posted with a definition on a banner at the top of this board. I have a lot of respect for people who don't drink, eat meat, smoke...whatever their life choice might be as long as they don't come across like some anti-drinking advocate with a glass of wine in their hand. The only thing I'm sorry about is that some bitter , hypocritical and defensive person tried to ruin a perfectly fun thread. People who need to point out the misery of others for their own satisfaction have more problems than waiting for their visas. Thanks for reminding me about my ring though, it always makes me think about just how much my husband and I love each other.

The poster below me also used the words "I'm sorry." If you want to personally attack me, there's this little button. On the button, it says PM. Push the button, put the cursor in the little box and write until you feel better about yourself. Then, press send. (This part is patronizing & belittling)

Thanks LisaD. I've been covetting your signature pic all week.

It's raspberry-lime seltzer this evening! Fine lush I am!!! ;)

:thumbs:

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once put on a pair of work coveralls to wear to bed--after I'd taken about half-dozen wine coolers at one sitting (note, this was in 1988, half-dozen years before I became Christian). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by CherryXS

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I dunno guys.....I think this guy has to take the crown :D

Idiot...Gosh.....

Drunk wins bet, loses #######

July 21, 2006 - 10:04AM

A man who cut off his own ####### in a drunken bet had it stitched back on by Latvian doctors, the first such operation in the country's history.

While heavily under the influence of alcohol, the 30-year-old made a bet with his friend for 1000 lats ($2360) that he would cut off his #######, according to a Latvian public television report.

He was brought to hospital bleeding severely yesterday.

"We have had a few cases with ####### traumas, when it was half-cut or damaged, but this is the first time that it was totally cut off - and brought to hospital in a plastic bag," said microsurgeon Aivars Tihonovs from Gailezers hospital in the Latvian capital, Riga.

The operation lasted three and a half hours as doctors had to sew six nerves back together, according to media reports. "The first operation of this kind in the world was carried out in 1977, and it is still very rare," Tihonovs said, adding that such surgery was sometimes needed after bomb explosions.

The surgeon said that he was proud of his work but also "really angry that he (the patient) did it to himself".

Doctors said that it would take four or five days to assess if the operation was successful. It would take about half a year to be sure that the man's ####### was functioning properly.

AFP

Filed: Timeline
I dunno guys.....I think this guy has to take the crown :D

Idiot...Gosh.....

Drunk wins bet, loses #######

July 21, 2006 - 10:04AM

A man who cut off his own ####### in a drunken bet had it stitched back on by Latvian doctors, the first such operation in the country's history.

While heavily under the influence of alcohol, the 30-year-old made a bet with his friend for 1000 lats ($2360) that he would cut off his #######, according to a Latvian public television report.

He was brought to hospital bleeding severely yesterday.

"We have had a few cases with ####### traumas, when it was half-cut or damaged, but this is the first time that it was totally cut off - and brought to hospital in a plastic bag," said microsurgeon Aivars Tihonovs from Gailezers hospital in the Latvian capital, Riga.

The operation lasted three and a half hours as doctors had to sew six nerves back together, according to media reports. "The first operation of this kind in the world was carried out in 1977, and it is still very rare," Tihonovs said, adding that such surgery was sometimes needed after bomb explosions.

The surgeon said that he was proud of his work but also "really angry that he (the patient) did it to himself".

Doctors said that it would take four or five days to assess if the operation was successful. It would take about half a year to be sure that the man's ####### was functioning properly.

AFP

Yep, this one takes the cake for sure. :blink:

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Okay, so..

20 years ago, when I was in the army. I went over to a friend of mine's house and we thought it would be great to mix California Coolers and Thunderbird. We had a few big gulp size glasses, and I'm thinkin' "why am I not feeling even buzzed?"

Next thing I know I wake up the next morning naked in their 3 year old son's bed. Apparantly I taken off my clothes, pissed in their plants, kicked their kid out of his bed and crashed in his room. Never remembered even a moment of it.

Remember kids- don't mix Thunderbird and Wine Coolers! :no:

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is this a tricky question? One way or another someone (meaning Charles) know :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Post smilies on every active post on VJ :D

yay the jasman is back :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

HI, JASMAN!!! (F)

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

HI, JASMAN!!! (F)

Hi Sharon, how ya been? :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No comment!!! :whistle:

Our Timeline:

05.18.2006-I-129F Petition sent to NSC

05.19.2006-I-129F Petition rec'd by NSC

06.02.2006-Rec'd NOA1

06.30.2006-Rec'd RFE

07.03.2006-Sent RFE to CSC

07.11.2006-RFE rec'd by CSC - Reply

09.11.2006-*APPROVED*

09.18.2006-Rec'd NOA2

09.29.2006-Sent I-129F pkg

10.04.2006-Rec'd I-129F pkg

10.06.2006-Embassy sent packet3

10.13.2006-Form DS-230 to New Delhi Embassy

10.26.2006-Rec'd initial packet3

11.08.2006-Rec'd police certificate

11.08.2006-Interview date thru email: DECEMBER 12, 2006 @ 8 AM

11.14.2006-Rec'd interview letter snail mail

11.18.2006-Medicals

11.22.2006-Rec'd medicals

12.01.2006-Packet4 to New Delhi Embassy

12.12.2006-Interview - Still need passport clearance & co-sponsor

12.20.2006-Sent co-sponsor info

01.03.2007-Rec'd papers & passport clearance

01.04.2007-Sent papers & passport to New Delhi Embassy - Rec'd

01.16.2007-Passport sent out

01.18.2007-Passport rec'd. No visa. Need more proof of relationship

01.24.2007-Sent more proof of relationship

02.03.2007-Rec'd proof

02.06.2007-Sent to New Delhi Embassy

03.07.2007-Rec'd passport. No visa

04.18.2007-CSC rec'd papers

HI, JASMAN!!! (F)

Hi Sharon, how ya been? :D

Doing great thanx! How's by you? You've been missed around here, old buddy! (L)

Dayum...you just get back here and I'm departing temporarily...lol.

Heading out first thing in the morning for our annual pilgrimage to Ocracoke Island, North Carolina for 2 weeks. :dance: Sipping my Bailey's by the ocean....hanging ten, that kinda stuff. :hehe:

Gonna catch a bigger fish than hubby this time! :lol:

No comment!!! :whistle:

LOL! No comment on what? On how I've been? :lol:

Just my totally b!tchy self haha but I'm sure Jasman knows that. :whistle:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Only got badly drunk twice and it was enough to make me not want to do it again. I am usually far more level headed than that, the last time it was so bad I had kept falling over and screaming down the street of Runcorn Old Town :blink:

In the morning I was still being sick and we had people outside my bedroom door laying down new carpets it was so embarassing :no:

Latest time I was merry, but not interested in making myself ill. Friend's mum made spag bol, I think that kept me pretty safe even though I drunk quite a bit. The only thing I was suffering the next day from was lack of sleep.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg