loveforever

HOT URGENT!!Husband visa denied after 2 interviews and i was questioned.Papers not back to USCIS

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

It can take up to 18 months after denial before the USCIS contacts you about the matter. Forget what happened, and do what's necessary to start over by a different route, as suggested. Good luck.

If the age difference is large enough (let's say 40 years, as sometimes it is) it may still be difficult to obtain the visa. You don't share how long you had known each other before marrying; a short courtship could be a negative.

As to the religious issue, I suspect it only leads the consulate to look more closely at the kinds of people he is involved with -- to be sure there is no evidence of Muslim extremism among his friends, family, and associates.

Edited by Old Dominion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I would go with CR1 since you already have 130 approved. Get on the phone with NVC.

Good luck

2009-09-30 -> I-129 Approved

2009-09-30 -> I-130 Approved

-------NVC----------

2009-10-14 -> NVC Received

2009-10-15 -> Received/Sent DS-3032

2009-10-15 -> Received/Paid I-864 Bill

2009-10-19 -> Send I-864 Packet

2009-10-26 -> NVC Received DS-3032

2009-10-28 -> Receive/Pay IV Bill Pay

2009-10-29 -> Send DS-230 (Overnight)

2009-10-30 -> NVC Received (DS-230) 11:00 AM

2009-11-03 -> NVC Entered DS-230 in system.

2009-11-09 -> Received email requesting DS-230....

2009-11-12 -> Log in to Consular Electronic App Center failed!!

2009-11-13 -> Case complete

2010-01-12 -> Rescheduled from [2010-01-25] Interview [Approved]

2010-01-14 -> Pick up passport.

2010-01-17 -> Depart

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Her K3 has been sent back, the CO will not interview her husband for the CR1. The OP will have to wait this process out.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone who believes religion has nothing to do with it is kidding themselves. . .my husband is Muslim, processed through Canada. . .underwent AP for 7 months. . . .Country does come into play too, Morrocco Embassy being among some of the worst. . . .

Do go for the CR-1, hope to get a different interviewer, make sure to take a ton of pictures and EXTRA proof above and beyond what you had at the last interview. Also, have your Senate or House liaison on standby. Let them know what happened to you last time and have them prepared to contact the embassy on your behalf. I would go as far as telling them about how rudely you were treated last time and if your husband knows the name (or if that officer signed the visa denial. . .) I would check with your hubby to see afterwards if it is the same interviewer.

Do you think you will be able to attend again (financially?)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Anyone who believes religion has nothing to do with it is kidding themselves. . .my husband is Muslim, processed through Canada. . .underwent AP for 7 months. . . .Country does come into play too, Morrocco Embassy being among some of the worst. . . .

Do go for the CR-1, hope to get a different interviewer, make sure to take a ton of pictures and EXTRA proof above and beyond what you had at the last interview. Also, have your Senate or House liaison on standby. Let them know what happened to you last time and have them prepared to contact the embassy on your behalf. I would go as far as telling them about how rudely you were treated last time and if your husband knows the name (or if that officer signed the visa denial. . .) I would check with your hubby to see afterwards if it is the same interviewer.

Do you think you will be able to attend again (financially?)

i agree with the above, especially the bolded :yes: which is what we did. the reason i said it is not solely on religion is because my husband is not muslim, and still, the AP.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Anyone who believes religion has nothing to do with it is kidding themselves. . .

Well, my fiance and I ARE NOT muslims. However, our case is in AP for 6 months already and I don't see the end to it. My communication with the embassy is strictly through my congresswoman. The embassy would not reply to my e-mails. To me, it's a pure bureaucracy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Her K3 has been sent back, the CO will not interview her husband for the CR1. The OP will have to wait this process out.

I disagree, as 'an absolute' -

There is CHANCE to kick the I-130 in play - but the OP won't know, until it's attempted.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Her case has been sent back because the CO feels that the relationship is fraudulant eventhough it's not. They are not going to interview him on a CR1. It's already in the system and the NVC will not forward the case on. You are telling the OP to waist money that she will not get back. If there is someone out there that has been denied a K3 from Morocco then turned around and said I want my CR1 to be processed and granted a interview for it a few weeks later I surely would love to know.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Timeline
It can take up to 18 months after denial before the USCIS contacts you about the matter. Forget what happened, and do what's necessary to start over by a different route, as suggested. Good luck.

If the age difference is large enough (let's say 40 years, as sometimes it is) it may still be difficult to obtain the visa. You don't share how long you had known each other before marrying; a short courtship could be a negative.

As to the religious issue, I suspect it only leads the consulate to look more closely at the kinds of people he is involved with -- to be sure there is no evidence of Muslim extremism among his friends, family, and associates.

my husband and i knew one another 6 months before i went to get married. I was able to stay two weeks.

also we only have 24 yr difference. Look at our page our pic is there. When you see us we look about the same age because I look very young for my age. Also for his religon everything came back good the lawyer said and that our case looked very good according to these kind of concerns.

I am looking to all the options at this point. We may have to start again with cr1 visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The short courtship and the age difference are noticeable. Difference in religion is another factor. The consulate would be skeptical. That doesn't excuse the conduct of the interviewer, however.

Are you in a position to live with him in Morocco for a spell?

Edited by Old Dominion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Her case has been sent back because the CO feels that the relationship is fraudulant eventhough it's not. They are not going to interview him on a CR1. It's already in the system and the NVC will not forward the case on. You are telling the OP to waist money that she will not get back. If there is someone out there that has been denied a K3 from Morocco then turned around and said I want my CR1 to be processed and granted a interview for it a few weeks later I surely would love to know.

Just to be clear ----

When the OP calls NVC to kick the I-130 in play, there is no money to be spent that day.

ALSO - NVC will tell the OP if it is possible to kick the I-130 in play - no money to be spent that day.

Why are you saying that I am saying to 'waist money' ?? I'm not !

BTW - for any CR-1 - there is no such thing as 'a few weeks later' for the 2nd interview - it's usually 3 months.

Hullo OP - did you call NVC yet, inquire I-130 case status? if not - you should !!!

If it's still 'viable' - ie - not 'bound up' with the K-3, then you have a chance...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
my husband and i knew one another 6 months before i went to get married. I was able to stay two weeks.

also we only have 24 yr difference. Look at our page our pic is there. When you see us we look about the same age because I look very young for my age. Also for his religon everything came back good the lawyer said and that our case looked very good according to these kind of concerns.

I am looking to all the options at this point. We may have to start again with cr1 visa.

This is not going to be an easy fight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.