Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

:oops:

Sorry, guys! I got a bit too graphic. I will watch myself from now on.

:P

I'm a proper lady!

No, J&B, I got a real kick out of it, it wasn't too graphic!

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, I can't believe 4 of you are pregnant at the same time! That's so awesome. It makes me wonder whats in the water around here :lol:

So, I read the stories in this thread Monday night before bed and then I had a dream I was pregnant. And I was just on the phone with my mom and she said last night and she had a dream I came to visit her and I had a baby... :lol: Yikes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Heeheehee. I thought it might take some time, too (I am 40, he is 44). Second ovulation - BAM. I took a test when I was 1 week late. The line went dark blue as soon as I laid the stick horizontal. There was no doubt whatsoever, not like the first time. I went in to hubby and said "We must be having a litter!" Funny. He wasn't so amused by that.

Valerie, when did you turn 40? I thought you were 39 just a few days ago?

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Valerie, when did you turn 40? I thought you were 39 just a few days ago?

No, I was 39 this spring, when I had the miscarriage. I turned 40 in June. So far, doesn't feel any different than 30. :dance:

Wow, I can't believe 4 of you are pregnant at the same time! That's so awesome. It makes me wonder whats in the water around here :lol:

So, I read the stories in this thread Monday night before bed and then I had a dream I was pregnant. And I was just on the phone with my mom and she said last night and she had a dream I came to visit her and I had a baby... :lol: Yikes.

Hmmm. Maybe you should take a preg test, just to be sure... :whistle:

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For those of us who just got married - do you plan to have children and how long do you think you'll wait?

My plan is to get pregnant in 2013. I want to establish my career here a bit more and also buy a house or at least have 2 bedroom place first.

I am very excited to have babies though. I can't wait!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Timeline

That's freaky. lol. It'll be interesting to hear when you announce your pregnancy.

iagree.gif

For those of us who just got married - do you plan to have children and how long do you think you'll wait?

My plan is to get pregnant in 2013. I want to establish my career here a bit more and also buy a house or at least have 2 bedroom place first.

We got married 4 months ago, and I really want a baby, but 1- hubby wants to have some alone time without the sleepless nights and screaming :P and 2- I'm really trying not to rush into things.

I've wanted a baby with him for the longest time, in fact one of the reasons I married him was because he would make an awesome dad; he's so nurturing and caring. But I realise I only feel like this a lot more lately because there is a "void" in my life since moving to the US. So we're giving it a while to make sure we're ready for it both practically (we're moving out very soon) and mentally (no more date nights whenever we choose, not much alone time, etc). We said we'd give it a few months once we're in our own place, and then about it some more.

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby and I are gonna wait another 4 years or so to have little ones. Purely selfish reasons too -- we want to really enjoy our "married" life together right now. When we were dating, we were both in school and didnt have the money to travel and do "luxurious" things, and we know when we have kids, we cant do that either. So we want to spend the next few years saving, working on our "individual" selves, traveling, etc. :P

I also want to be able to save for a baby before we have one... the price of diapers is excruciatingly high :P My biggest fear is to enter motherhood and not at least be financially prepared for it, and not be able to provide for my little clones (not toys or luxury things but basics like food and shelter).

However, I think no matter how much one prepares, one prolly can never be ready for motherhood. At least what the woman who does my hair tells me :P So for the mums and mums-to-be out there, do you feel that's true?

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Well, I know I wake up in the middle of the night, wondering how the heck I am going to deal with this. Then I pull a Scarlett O'Hara ("I'll think about it tomorrow" in a cheesy Southern accent) and go back to sleep. You never think you have enough money, you think about the freedom you will be giving up, and the total dependence that child will have on you. I lost a cat 4 weeks ago! I can't even take care of a stinking cat! I am SO going to forget this baby at the library or something. Sigh.

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

However, I think no matter how much one prepares, one prolly can never be ready for motherhood. At least what the woman who does my hair tells me :P So for the mums and mums-to-be out there, do you feel that's true?

I can vouch that it is absolutely true. Once that little body emerges into the world, life as you know it ends. They are completely.... and I mean completely..... dependent on you for everything. Your life is no longer yours.... it is theirs. Sick and want to lie down? Too bad. Want to go visiting? Major planning and lugging of supplies.... don't forget to time it between naps! Need a break?..... need to invest time and money into finding a responsible person you feel comfortable with, then write a procedure manual and train them.

Parenting is hard work. It takes much more energy and thought to correcting a child's behaviour and following through than it is to throwing your hands up in the air and saying "Okay.... have it your way" and leaving them to their own devices. And you'll want to. Trust me. But you'll be doing them a disservice. The goal is to have them grow up into a functioning and successful member of society. The only way they will reach that goal is through your hard work. It's not an easy task. You will certainly experience moments of despair and fear and deep heart-wrencing pain. But you will also experience the most amazing love and joy and pride and laughter that there ever was. You will learn a lot. But you will also love a lot.

iagree.gif

Well, I know I wake up in the middle of the night, wondering how the heck I am going to deal with this. Then I pull a Scarlett O'Hara ("I'll think about it tomorrow" in a cheesy Southern accent) and go back to sleep. You never think you have enough money, you think about the freedom you will be giving up, and the total dependence that child will have on you. I lost a cat 4 weeks ago! I can't even take care of a stinking cat! I am SO going to forget this baby at the library or something. Sigh.

My Mum used to forget me all the time. She'd take me shopping and then leave me there. One time she walked into town with the 3 of us..... my older sister, myself, and my younger brother. She got home and my grandfather came knocking. She was making him a cup of tea when he asked "Where's Krikit?" My mother -----> :o "OH MY GOD, I'VE LEFT HER IN TOWN!!!!!"

I became pretty self-sufficient. :hehe:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

We're waiting a few years. Not sure how many.

I would like my fiance's debt to be paid off... not sure how long that's going to take really.

I'm in no rush to have children... but I dont really want to put it off that long. My fiance is 34.

I actually don't want children, but he really badly wants a family, so I'll probably have to give in at one point :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Err I could see that if lets say you wanted a red couch and he wanted a blue couch... I mean I could justify "giving" in if it was something like that... but this is kids. I wouldn't "give in" for kids if I didn't want them. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Well, right NOW I feel like I'd have to give in.

Maybe my mind will change in a year or so if I keep having to hang around my little nephew.

Who knows. I just feel really selfish right now cause we've waited 5 years to be together. I just want some alone time I guess :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like a good plan, SapphireDreams. Hubby and I wanted at least two years alone to ourselves to get settled into our marriage. That was 2.5 yrs ago. As for the house or 2 bedroom place, that's hard for us to do because we don't live together in the same country but that's definitely a goal of mine.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.