tany1157

Interview today in casa...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When ouadia called me, the reception was so bad, all I heard was that we were DENIED.....now I can't get a hold of him. This sucks bad

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

first of all, sorry for the denial, if that is what he said.

2nd, once you speak with him, have him scan in any document the embassy has given him. then you will be able to determine further on how to proceed (F)

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the denial. Hopefully, you will be able to speak with your fiance soon to find out what is going on.

Good luck and best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

WHAT!!! You have to be kidding me!!

I am so sorry. :(

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm very sorry about your fiance's denial :((F)

Call the consulate and try to get answers, and contact your congressman and see how he can help... Last week one of June '09 K1 filers was denied at the interview, the petitioner called the embassy and I believe contacted her congressman (not sure though), and her fiance got a second interview!

I really hope things take a better turn. You are in my thoughts (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline
I'm very sorry about your fiance's denial :((F)

Call the consulate and try to get answers, and contact your congressman and see how he can help... Last week one of June '09 K1 filers was denied at the interview, the petitioner called the embassy and I believe contacted her congressman (not sure though), and her fiance got a second interview!

I really hope things take a better turn. You are in my thoughts (F)

Exactly!

Also, your fiance may not have been denied. In fact, my husband thought he was denied when he called me after the interview... after he actually *read* the 221g we received we realized we were just in AP and he had the visa like 2 weeks later.

Don't stress until you know exactly what is going on. But it may not be a bad idea just to contact your congressman just to have them on hand.

Timeline

It was a denial. The first thing the CO said to my fiance was "I don't care for your package, really I don't like it" That was it, but he continued with the interview for 1 1/2 hours. They gave him a piece of paper, and asked him to write down every place I have worked for the past 5 years, and all of my supervisors names. He also asked more about my sisters and their families than about our relationship. they wanted him to write down where my nieces and nephews went to school, all of thier birthdates, exact dates, and wanted to know why my younger sister had a baby out of wedlock. My fiance only knew about my last 3 jobs over the last 4 years, and only knew my current supervisor, not the others. Noone in my family could ever answer that. Anyways, he also didn't like that we met on a web site, I think he didn't like my fiances answer, which was he googled, and found this site, and after signing up, he saw the people that were online now, and saw my face. He didn't even know I was in america, he just emailed, and we started talking. Anyways, the CO had his mind made up from the beginning. He said we were rehearsed, bla bl bla. He also said that he will send the petition back to USCIS, and if they reapprove us, then he will get the visa. First, I am going to call the consulate in the morning, and try try try to get him another interview. I have contacted my senator today, and hopefully they can try to get another interview. If he gets another one, I will go to be with him at the interview, even though I can't go in. If that fails, we have plans to get married there. Just wanted to let you guys know how it went, and GOD is with us. We agree that nothing will keep us apart. He said if we have to fight another year or two, we will be together. Thanks for the well wishes....let the REAL fighting begin!!!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
It was a denial. The first thing the CO said to my fiance was "I don't care for your package, really I don't like it" That was it, but he continued with the interview for 1 1/2 hours. They gave him a piece of paper, and asked him to write down every place I have worked for the past 5 years, and all of my supervisors names. He also asked more about my sisters and their families than about our relationship. they wanted him to write down where my nieces and nephews went to school, all of thier birthdates, exact dates, and wanted to know why my younger sister had a baby out of wedlock. My fiance only knew about my last 3 jobs over the last 4 years, and only knew my current supervisor, not the others. Noone in my family could ever answer that. Anyways, he also didn't like that we met on a web site, I think he didn't like my fiances answer, which was he googled, and found this site, and after signing up, he saw the people that were online now, and saw my face. He didn't even know I was in america, he just emailed, and we started talking. Anyways, the CO had his mind made up from the beginning. He said we were rehearsed, bla bl bla. He also said that he will send the petition back to USCIS, and if they reapprove us, then he will get the visa. First, I am going to call the consulate in the morning, and try try try to get him another interview. I have contacted my senator today, and hopefully they can try to get another interview. If he gets another one, I will go to be with him at the interview, even though I can't go in. If that fails, we have plans to get married there. Just wanted to let you guys know how it went, and GOD is with us. We agree that nothing will keep us apart. He said if we have to fight another year or two, we will be together. Thanks for the well wishes....let the REAL fighting begin!!!

I'm a little confused - what did the CO google, this VJ website, how did the CO see your face? Who didn't know you were in America the CO or your fiance/husband?

Sorry about the outcome. Hope things work out.

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tany, did you mean that your husband googled, found this website with your photo and started emailing you? Or the CO googled and found this website with your photo???

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

sorry guys. When we met, we both had become members on a website for dating and friendship. When you sign up, the first page that showed up was a page of people who were "currently online". My fiance saw a pic of me, and decided to email me. That is how my fiance and I met. This question about the web site came as one of the last questions in the interview. I don't know if the CO googled the web site, or what, but there are thousands of dating web sites, and we both happened to be on this one. My fiance was initially looking for friendship, but found me, so that is the end of that story. The CO said if he was looking for friends, why on dating sight. this is a legitimate question. But many many people go onto dating sights to try it out, and dont know what they will find. Anyways, they hated us and our package before they even met him.

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline
Tany, did you mean that your husband googled, found this website with your photo and started emailing you? Or the CO googled and found this website with your photo???

I think she means that the CO didn't like that they met that way... by her fiance googling the website and then e-mailing her

Timeline

You know, the man wasn't nice, but he was doing his job. I am glad that not just anybody can immigrate. Ouadia and I knew that denial was easy to get in casa. Bottom line, we will work smarter, and we will be together when the time is right. This has no effect on our feelings for eachother. We feel this is what God wanted for now, and that we will continue to fight to be together.

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.