Interview today in casa...

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
You know, the man wasn't nice, but he was doing his job. I am glad that not just anybody can immigrate. Ouadia and I knew that denial was easy to get in casa. Bottom line, we will work smarter, and we will be together when the time is right. This has no effect on our feelings for eachother. We feel this is what God wanted for now, and that we will continue to fight to be together.

I am glad to see that you have a calm and mature attitude about this. You are going to need it to get through this. Both of you.

First thing to do is what you have already done. Contacted your representative. They can not get you a second interview, nor can they get an approval. But they can assist you if there is a small chance that they will take a second look at your case before they send it back. This is rare, but I have seen it here on VJ a few times.

Second, really pick apart the questions they asked. Many times there are clues in their questions on what their suspicions are. What are your red flags? Did he wear his ring to the interview? Do you have an age difference? Does he have family or friends in the US? Go over everything and try to put yourself in a CO's shoes. Their job is to prove that the relationship is fraud, so try to see it from their angle.

I saw that you posted on the pinned thread pertaining to returned petitions. Kiyah has answered you, and you must go over her links in her siggy. She has some very valuable information to assist you. Your main concern now is to try to keep the petition at the consulate and get them to review it again. If that doesn't work and it is sent back there are going to be other steps you will need to follow. Considering it is a fiance visa it will more than likely expire and you will need to do it again. Some have done the K-1 again and succeeded, and some have married and filed for the CR1. But again, this won't be something you want to concern yourself with yet until it has indeed been returned.

Just so you know, consulates sometimes suspect fraud, and send it back because most fraud relationships will not survive the denial process. They have stated that we would be surprised how many returned petitions never get back to the consulate. I believe that is true. But there are several of us here on VJ that have had a denial, have fought it, and have one. My husband was denied a CR1 in Aug of 05. We rebutted the Notice of Intent to Revoke and won in Sept of 06. He had his second interview in Nov 06 and got his visa in Dec of 06. He has been here since, so you can see that it can be won. You just need to stay strong and prepared.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I thank everyone so very much for the information. It is alot to absorb, but we will get through what we need to get through. I would move there, but I have a son here to think about, so that is out of the question. I am glad I am not alone in this.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so sorry about the denial, but as others have said, all you can do is keep up that fight. That is something that I hate about CASA. They seem so unpredictable in that one day they feel to approve tons and the other deny as many petitions. I'm sure they are trying to do their jobs and to prevent fraud, but its hard.

I really feel for you in that I know how difficult CASA can be, but I completely wish you the best and hope that you are able to get an approval. Good luck and don't give up

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Have you thought about possibly moving there for some time? That would help to build your case if it's a possibility for you.

So spending as much time with him in Morocco will help?? I am moving with my daughter end of Feb till Aug...wanting to make sure this won't hurt us for any reason...I'm getting nervous now, since it seemed like this was going to be a no doubts case. Guess we will just go & whatever happens, happens.

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Glad to see you got hooked up with Kiyah and M4E. I can't believe those questions. Well knowing Casa I can, but geez. I have 4 sisters and my husband was lucky to remember their first names, let a lone birthdays!

Hope all goes well for you.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

well i was diened too bcs of 2 thngs the city i come from wich is khemisset & 2nd was that he hadnt understood how we fall in love too quickly & the catastroph is he told me that memorizing my fiancee informations means that i dont love her can u imagine that

if the tall young white man was ur interviewer than his job is to deny ppl & told them that u r lieing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
well i was diened too bcs of 2 thngs the city i come from wich is khemisset & 2nd was that he hadnt understood how we fall in love too quickly & the catastroph is he told me that memorizing my fiancee informations means that i dont love her can u imagine that

if the tall young white man was ur interviewer than his job is to deny ppl & told them that u r lieing

Why do you say it is because of where you come from that you were denied?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline
So spending as much time with him in Morocco will help?? I am moving with my daughter end of Feb till Aug...wanting to make sure this won't hurt us for any reason...I'm getting nervous now, since it seemed like this was going to be a no doubts case. Guess we will just go & whatever happens, happens.

Moving there won't hurt you at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

is that what the CO told you - that you're denied because of where you come from? :blink:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please watch it with the judgmental, baiting type of comments - they are mean-spirited and add nothing to the conversation.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:blink: Was there judgmental comments and baiting? It must of flew over my head. Nothing new. :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
:blink: Was there judgmental comments and baiting? It must of flew over my head. Nothing new. :P

I didn't see it either...lol :whistle: off i lala land again i guess

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

said post was removed, that's why it cannot be seen.

while some may take great pleasure in taking jabs at other mena people for decisions they've made, it's against tos. you know who you are - this is not the first time i've had to remove one of your posts. i strongly suggest reading the vj tos before it's too late.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.