VanessaTony

AOS, EAD & AP from K1 - the Aussie way (doc list included)

543 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

AOS packet done! Check written! All that is left is a day in Portland getting our I693 filled. We are going to make a nice day trip out of it tomorrow. Will be a nice close to all this. /cheer

YAY!!! Congrats :D Hope you guys have a speedy process :D

Timeline

AOS packet done! Check written! All that is left is a day in Portland getting our I693 filled. We are going to make a nice day trip out of it tomorrow. Will be a nice close to all this. /cheer

Good luck! I hope you have a speedy and RFE-free AOS!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mine were. i think its supposed to be all numbers. You know that this is the red number on your visa right?

Thanks. I know it is the red number (only because of your post, so thanks again), but the number on the visa overlaps with the expriation date and definitely looks more like a C than a 0. I do appreciate the feedback because I would hate for a wrong number to delay the process.

Timeline

Thanks. I know it is the red number (only because of your post, so thanks again), but the number on the visa overlaps with the expriation date and definitely looks more like a C than a 0. I do appreciate the feedback because I would hate for a wrong number to delay the process.

If you like you can scan it (and block anything else personal) and PM me a link to it to see what I think if you like. I'd suggest it here but it's too personal a thing I think. Anyway up to you. Or maybe if you trust your family and friends more show them and see what they think. I'm pretty sure it should be a number though.

Timeline

My AP and EAD were approved today....nearly a month after my green card was. LOL. Thanks USCIS! I'll put them in my box as a keepsake.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got my Biometrics taken today at the Fort Worth center, took almost 20 mins....the funny part was last week me and my wife went fishing and i caught a baby snapping turtle and guess what he snapped at my left thumb taking out a good chunk of skin...

I was worried that i was going to be sent back because of my injury at the ASC but they did not, my wound had mostly healed so it was good :)

So what happens next, do i sit and wait for the jury at the USCIS to make a judgement on my case ?????

Timeline:

10/29/07: First time we met in Bangalore

11/19/07: Realized we were in love

02/22/08: Her next trip to India

04/18/08: She left India

05/30/08: My first trip to US

06/09/08: Left for India

02/12/09: Visited her again for Valentines

05/27/09: Mailed application to Vermont Service Center

06/01/09: Received NOA1

07/09/09: Visited her again in US

09/13/09: Received NOA2

09/22/09: Beth received letter from National Visa Center saying package was received and will be forwarded to Chennai within the week

09/25/09: Received email from Chennai with all the docs and interview date of October 29, 2009.

10/29/09: Interview in Chennai. Visa APPROVED!!!

12/10/09: Arrived at DFW, 5 min at the POE & i am in, apparently the officer who interviewed got his wife to USA on K1 visa,what an irony

02/14/10: Wedding at Southfork Ranch in Dallas Texas

02/14/10: Headed for a honeymoon in Las Vegas :)

02/17/10: Back from honeymoon

02/22/10: Started thinking about AOS,EAD,AP (its too much paper work)

03/06/10: Filed the AOS,EAD,AP application

03/26/10: Received NOA for AOS,EAD,AP

04/05/10: Received NOA I-797C for AOS (Case transfered to CA CSC)

04/28/10: Received NOA I-797C for Bio-metrics appointment

05/18/10: Bio-Metrics taken at the Fort Worth ASC

05/20/10: Received my AP document :)

06/03/10: Received my EAD Card and a "Welcome Letter" stating my Permanent Resident Card will be mailed soon... :)

06/17/10: Received my Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) :)

AOS packet showed as delivered and signed for at the Chicago office this morning! Hopefully all will go ok and will hear something soon.

@Astrid- Omg that is to funny, yeah thanks for the speedy process of the EAD and AP. You would think that they would be like, oh wait she doesnt need these anymore. Can you imagine the person that had to do the paperwork on that was doing it while you already had your Greencard in hand. lol.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

My AP and EAD were approved today....nearly a month after my green card was. LOL. Thanks USCIS! I'll put them in my box as a keepsake.

:rofl: That's funny.

AOS packet showed as delivered and signed for at the Chicago office this morning! Hopefully all will go ok and will hear something soon.

Woot woot! Hope you guys have a speedy AOS journey :)

Timeline

Got my AP Travel document (2 copies) yesterday, it has one year validity......hoping to get my EAD / GC sooner without the interview...

Timeline:

09/22/09: Beth received letter from National Visa Center saying package was received and will be forwarded to Chennai within the week

09/25/09: Received email from Chennai with all the docs and interview date of October 29, 2009.

12/10/09: Arrived at DFW, 5 min at the POE & i am in, apparently the officer who interviewed got his wife to USA on K1 visa,what an irony

06/03/10: Received my EAD Card and a "Welcome Letter" stating my Permanent Resident Card will be mailed soon... :)

Timeline

Got my AP Travel document (2 copies) yesterday, it has one year validity......hoping to get my EAD / GC sooner without the interview...

Wow grats!! Hope you get approved soon too :)

**Edit - :time:

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Got my AP in the mail today....complete with the god-awful pictures I submitted for the AOS. Into the shredder!

We got our Noa via email yesterday. :dance:

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

okay guys, i need help here....i am in a dialema and confused...

My fiancee has been asked to go to India on a buisness trip in the month of July and she is asking me to accompany her...(i have no reason to be here without her anyways)

I have got my AP travel document but still waiting on the other docs..

I know i can use the AP document to go and come back while my case is being processed but has anbody done this before and know how the AP document works...

I hope i get my EAD/GC by July....do let me know what you guy think...

Timeline:

Timeline

okay guys, i need help here....i am in a dialema and confused...

My fiancee has been asked to go to India on a buisness trip in the month of July and she is asking me to accompany her...(i have no reason to be here without her anyways)

I have got my AP travel document but still waiting on the other docs..

I know i can use the AP document to go and come back while my case is being processed but has anbody done this before and know how the AP document works...

I hope i get my EAD/GC by July....do let me know what you guy think...

I've never used AP but here are some threads:

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/257034-ap-usage/ (newest thread)

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/192143-how-do-i-use-the-i-131/ (older one but I'm sure the info's still valid)

Hope those help :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.