VanessaTony

AOS, EAD & AP from K1 - the Aussie way (doc list included)

543 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. I know it's been addressed before but I can't seem to find it now! What did you guys put on your Advance Parole paperwork when it asks "Date of Intended Departure" and "Expected length of Trip"? Like most of you we are applying for the AP "just in case" and don't have a specific trip overseas planned.

Thanks!

I put "unknown" in both sections. Did it work?? Yes it did! I just got my AP document today (approved 15 June) and it's good till 14 June 2011 :)

what Vanessa said :) I got mine a few months a go. grats on your AP and EAD :)

GC is another matter >< starting to think they have misplaced the shipment for that day (or 3) as most that where transfered around the 8th march to CSC are not done yet but alot after those dates have been done ><

Edited by Warren and Cindy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

what Vanessa said :) I got mine a few months a go. grats on your AP and EAD :)

GC is another matter >< starting to think they have misplaced the shipment for that day (or 3) as most that where transfered around the 8th march to CSC are not done yet but alot after those dates have been done ><

Damn Warren! I'm really sorry it's taking so long. Hopefully soon! At least you can work and travel and drive though.. better than nothing :D

So I got my interview date in the mail on Friday and it is set for July 23rd, it was a bitter sweet thing as it is nice to know I am moving forward but also that I am terrified of the interview.

What is the minnimum you need for this?

I have

marriage license

copy of car isurance with both our names

bank accounts with both names

will try and get added to cable and water/power etc account

We are unableto add me to the mortgage as it was a special one and will cost more if we do, do you think that will matter?

Will get a bunch of photo's from things we have done since I have been here.

Copy of contracts for wedding reception as we are having ours in Sept.

Any suggestions to make this a painless interview?

Jason

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Timeline

So I got my interview date in the mail on Friday and it is set for July 23rd, it was a bitter sweet thing as it is nice to know I am moving forward but also that I am terrified of the interview.

What is the minnimum you need for this?

I have

marriage license

copy of car isurance with both our names

bank accounts with both names

will try and get added to cable and water/power etc account

We are unableto add me to the mortgage as it was a special one and will cost more if we do, do you think that will matter?

Will get a bunch of photo's from things we have done since I have been here.

Copy of contracts for wedding reception as we are having ours in Sept.

Any suggestions to make this a painless interview?

Jason

You sound like you have all the evidence you need. Do you have anything like a drivers licence that shows the same address for both of you? If you are feeling unsettled, maybe bring mail that has been sent to your house to the both of you, or at least shows you each get mail at the same address. Don't stress too much, you will be fine!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Ok, so I decided to talk to someone I USCIS to see whats happening with my case, still wait was basically the answer, but what I did get from her will be useful to everyone, it probably list in a thread here some where but it never occurred to me that it will be as it is;

When your case is transeffered (say to CSC like mine was) it still gets processed at you local office.

so that is where you need to look for your processing times :) hope this helps others :)

Timeline

Ok, so I decided to talk to someone I USCIS to see whats happening with my case, still wait was basically the answer, but what I did get from her will be useful to everyone, it probably list in a thread here some where but it never occurred to me that it will be as it is;

When your case is transeffered (say to CSC like mine was) it still gets processed at you local office.

so that is where you need to look for your processing times :) hope this helps others :)

Ahhhh I didn't know that. interesting. Thanks :) Can you see how long yours is supposed to take??

Ahhhh I didn't know that. interesting. Thanks :) Can you see how long yours is supposed to take??

look like 4 months? its hard to say as the last update was 30th April and they were processing December 31, 2009 >< which means mine should have been done, but i was told on the phone to wait longer ><

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone

Well im a K1 visa .And i just arrived to USA about 9 days ago .And i got married .So my question is should i file for SSN first before i file for AOS or i still can go and file for AOS before i file for SSN .

Thank you everyone .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Hi everyone

Well im a K1 visa .And i just arrived to USA about 9 days ago .And i got married .So my question is should i file for SSN first before i file for AOS or i still can go and file for AOS before i file for SSN .

Thank you everyone .

You don't need a SSN to apply for AOS so the decision is up to you. Personally if your documents are ready to go then I would go ahead and file AOS first and then apply for the SSN. If you still have some work to do before sending off the AOS documents (such as ordering IRS statements or something), it can't hurt to go and apply for the SSN now. You don't need to wait for it, but then it's done. If it arrives in time to add the number to the AOS papers then great, but if not it doesn't matter.

The only thing to remember is that the SSN should be applied for BEFORE you reach 2 weeks before your I-94 expires otherwise they won't let you get one until you get an EAD or the GC, so don't forget to do it :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, got my GC on 06/17.....:)....no more damn paper work for another 2 years (atleast a year and half)....sorry for the late update....my laptop crashed...

All the best for the other guys who are waiting on the docs...

Timeline:

10/29/07: First time we met in Bangalore

11/19/07: Realized we were in love

02/22/08: Her next trip to India

04/18/08: She left India

05/30/08: My first trip to US

06/09/08: Left for India

02/12/09: Visited her again for Valentines

05/27/09: Mailed application to Vermont Service Center

06/01/09: Received NOA1

07/09/09: Visited her again in US

09/13/09: Received NOA2

09/22/09: Beth received letter from National Visa Center saying package was received and will be forwarded to Chennai within the week

09/25/09: Received email from Chennai with all the docs and interview date of October 29, 2009.

10/29/09: Interview in Chennai. Visa APPROVED!!!

12/10/09: Arrived at DFW, 5 min at the POE & i am in, apparently the officer who interviewed got his wife to USA on K1 visa,what an irony

02/14/10: Wedding at Southfork Ranch in Dallas Texas

02/14/10: Headed for a honeymoon in Las Vegas :)

02/17/10: Back from honeymoon

02/22/10: Started thinking about AOS,EAD,AP (its too much paper work)

03/06/10: Filed the AOS,EAD,AP application

03/26/10: Received NOA for AOS,EAD,AP

04/05/10: Received NOA I-797C for AOS (Case transfered to CA CSC)

04/28/10: Received NOA I-797C for Bio-metrics appointment

05/18/10: Bio-Metrics taken at the Fort Worth ASC

05/20/10: Received my AP document :)

06/03/10: Received my EAD Card and a "Welcome Letter" stating my Permanent Resident Card will be mailed soon... :)

06/17/10: Received my Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 6, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at .....

WOOT!! :dance: Green card is on it's way!! (well soon :P)

WOOOOOT!!!!! GRATS HUNNY!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 6, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at .....

WOOT!! :dance: Green card is on it's way!! (well soon :P)

Grats :D

AOS sent in...got texts & emails stating they have it & the NOA1 is on its way..YAY!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.