Jairo&Lisha

Denied Visa

15 posts in this topic

Our interview was in march of 2008. I couldnt make initial interview because of work. So they gave us an open interview. Therefore I made arrangements that didnt affect my job and I flew to Dominican Republic and went to interview.

Our relationship was real and sincere. Well we disagreed on some questions, which was more because we were so nervous. Anyway so visa was denied, it was devasting. We have continued our relationship and now it has been almost 2 years since interview. we really want to be together but we are unsure as to what step to take next in our case.

A second denial will be unbearable. What can we do?

Please help!!! :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What happened in the 2 years since your interview Ie have you been fighting the denial appealed, or just let it go If you let it go, ti will have expired by now for sure. You could try getting married and re-filing, with all the additional evidence of visits and chatting etc from between then and now. But there is never a guarantee you will be approved. Would you consider moving over there?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Our interview was in march of 2008. I couldnt make initial interview because of work. So they gave us an open interview. Therefore I made arrangements that didnt affect my job and I flew to Dominican Republic and went to interview.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but how did you both have an interview? My understanding is that in the K1, only the beneficiary interviews, in his/her home country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
some countries suggest to the usa person that they attend interview that suggestion is really a demand u could talk to tbonetx or look at his profile for his story to see what thats about

sara

Oh dear... what an irritating time he had. :angry:

Good luck to you, Confundida. It's infuriating how some people seem to have very different experiences with K1 due to bad apple embassies and bad apple employees.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our relationship was real and sincere. Well we disagreed on some questions, which was more because we were so nervous. Anyway so visa was denied, it was devasting. We have continued our relationship and now it has been almost 2 years since interview. we really want to be together but we are unsure as to what step to take next in our case.

1. File another petition

2. Document your relationship better, oviously you didn't do that well enough

3. I presume now you know more about each other so can answer questions better

4. Go to the interview (if you feel you need to) when they schedule it, it is more important than work

5. Give it your best shot and hope for the best, it is all anyone can do.

I hope that continuing your relationship means you have been visiting your SO in his country. You will need to prove that you have been together in person within the last two years, since it has been two years since the failed attempt, you will need at least one other visit BEFORE yo file your next petition. If it is a difficult consulate you made need several more visits.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

2. Document your relationship better, oviously you didn't do that well enough

There is no way you can know that was the reason for the denial, it could have been any other number of reasons.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
There is no way you can know that was the reason for the denial, it could have been any other number of reasons.

The key issue mentioned by the OP is that there were discrepancies between the couples answers to multiple interview questions. This would indeed indicate a lack of preparation for the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I would recommend you to get marry and to apply for a CR-1 visa and document better your relatioship. Maybe you failed for the question they did to both of you, but the Consulate goes thru interviews when they are not sure about the documentation.

Good luck!!!

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but how did you both have an interview? My understanding is that in the K1, only the beneficiary interviews, in his/her home country.

I almost sure she came to DR to attend to the interview with her SO. Here is required that both are present in the interview.

if you need talk and put your docs together and need help PM, I was approved for a K1, didn´t use it now we are going thru a CR1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well concerning me i had taken my interview on december 29 the interviewer was such rude with me i was supposed to pass it in the morning since they told me to come at 8 am but i accept to return at 2 pm to pass it the 1st question was wht's up with my city's guys he thought i know whtever happen in my city & the surprise was when i answered about my fiancee birth date & her parents names u know he told me if u really love her u'll not memorize her informations so i was refused

plz help

well concerning me i had taken my interview on december 29 the interviewer was such rude with me i was supposed to pass it in the morning since they told me to come at 8 am but i accept to return at 2 pm to pass it the 1st question was wht's up with my city's guys he thought i know whtever happen in my city & the surprise was when i answered about my fiancee birth date & her parents names u know he told me if u really love her u'll not memorize her informations so i was refused

plz help

Mourad - you should start your own thread to get advice for your situation. You might try in the MENA forum.

To the OP -- my now husband and I went through the DR on a K-1. It is a tough consulate.

If you are ready to get married, I suggest you plan a trip and get married. If you prefer to marry in the US (I did for my family) or if don't have time for a trip soon, I'd file another K-1. Make sure you explain in your cover letter that you are refiling.

Before the interview, make sure you practice your answers to questions. Start on the phone and again the day before the interview. Bring all the possible ones you can get your hands on. Do not be embarrassed about questions about your sex life. We were interviewed separately by two different men and answered all but one question right. It is an important part of them determining the validity of your relationship.

I expect you know about dominicanstotheusa dot com - started by Tim and full of info. They may not be supportive of your denial, but they have question examples.

Good Luck!!

Edited by anitacastillo

Mourad - you should start your own thread to get advice for your situation. You might try in the MENA forum.

To the OP -- my now husband and I went through the DR on a K-1. It is a tough consulate.

If you are ready to get married, I suggest you plan a trip and get married. If you prefer to marry in the US (I did for my family) or if don't have time for a trip soon, I'd file another K-1. Make sure you explain in your cover letter that you are refiling.

Before the interview, make sure you practice your answers to questions. Start on the phone and again the day before the interview. Bring all the possible ones you can get your hands on. Do not be embarrassed about questions about your sex life. We were interviewed separately by two different men and answered all but one question right. It is an important part of them determining the validity of your relationship.

I expect you know about dominicanstotheusa dot com - started by Tim and full of info. They may not be supportive of your denial, but they have question examples.

Good Luck!!

Question samples are covered here too, just look at thru the Guides.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Do not be embarrassed about questions about your sex life.
Actually, attorneys whom I consulted (two who served as COs themselves) agreed that sex-life questions in a K-1 interview are (at least borderline) harassment and would be illegal (to expect an answer for) anywhere else in Government or the private sector. A suggested response is "Thank you for your interest; this information remains confidential for all the right reasons. I remain happy to answer your questions on other topics."

I am not an attorney. Consult your attorney before proceeding in one direction or another.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well it's not the fact of questions about my sexual life it's the racist face that the interviewer had given me from the 1st question

"wht's up with ur city guys?" seems like im the one who tell my city guys to meet american women any way have u ever been treated like a liar well just bcs i answer about my fiancee birthday & the name of her parents RIP make my realtion to her fake

as the interviewer had told me "if u memorize thngs about ur fiancee then u dont love her"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Mourad, please start your own thread in the MENA forum or elsewhere. The OP here deserves focus on her own situation.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.