~ameriptian~

How Aya's Interview Went

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sister, Aya, you are a sweetheart - and I bet the Embassy saw that! I'm so glad that everything went great. I speak for all of us when I say that we cannot wait for you to be on a plane coming to the USA.

:dance:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update! :)

John just called DOS a little bit ago and they told him our case status is not AP, it's: temporary hold for paper work.. And the visa should be issued right after they get the papers.. The DOS representative also told him he read our interview review and it was one of the best reviews he has seen to come out of Egypt in the last 8 years!!!! :) I feel flattered lol :blush:

Oh and I even the DOS representative told John: "Your fiance brought too much proof" :lol:

That is great news Aya!! I know you have been through a lot. You deserve for things to go smoothly & quickly. That is so great! I know a lot of us have been through this crappy, long process and so for me to hear another success...it just makes me happy! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

CONGRATS Aya!! :luv:

Im so happy for you. I cant wait to hear the good news that you have a visa in hand, and it sounds like that is not far off :dance:

(L)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God that is all behind you now with no major hurdles!!!

What a relief for you.....you are in the finish Aya! :thumbs:

So happy for you and just waiting now to hear when you got the visa in hand! :D

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS Aya so happy for you and yes this sounds is really great inshallah you will get your visa so so so soon ,, i will make a new topic now saying a great news about me , have a great one everyone .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

John just called DOS a little bit ago and they told him our case status is not AP, it's: temporary hold for paper work.. And the visa should be issued right after they get the papers.. The DOS representative also told him he read our interview review and it was one of the best reviews he has seen to come out of Egypt in the last 8 years!!!! :) I feel flattered lol :blush:

Oh and I even the DOS representative told John: "Your fiance brought too much proof" :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS again AYa i'm more than happy to know about this quick update inshallah you will get it so soon , by the way i got today an e mail from the embassy telling me that they issued my visa already yesterday and will send it to me within two weeks thanks God a lot ,, i made a thread about that ,, have a great day .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Congrats Aya!!! Its even better that you got that little heads up from the DOS. NICE. :)

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations...im soooo sooo sooo very happy for you. I know its been a tough journey but this is so great if you dont have to suffer through AP.... you guys deserve that... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by merijan

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:dance::dance: Congratulatons :dance::dance:

That is great news. I am so glad that you had a good interview. I hope everything is processed for you quickly!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations Aya!!!! That is great that he said that, means good news coming your way. I am so excited for the both of you. I'm sure you will be getting your visa any day now. Wish you both the best of luck.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.