camifree

I think I'm moving back to my country

45 posts in this topic

There are thousands of people that want to leave the country where you want to go back to. That was the most beautiful country ever. La sucursal del cielo, con la sultana del avila bella, con los llanos, con las playas, con la gente, y con su comida, las hallacas, pan de hamon, cachitos, malta, susy y cocosette. Bueno amiga, eso ya no existe.

It is difficult to get used to another country, another life, but once you leave a life behind, that life keeps changing. Once you leave that life behind for so long, that life becomes a different life, that is not yours anymore.

Gloria al bravo Pueblo.

I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate your input. However, my reasons to go back there go beyod the malta and cocossette. I need my family with me.

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: Other Timeline

Life is a journey, and it takes us to the strangest places. I visited 32 countries and lived in 7 of them. I believe one should live where she feels at home. Home is where the heart is. You answered that yourself:

I miss my family, my friends, my country (in spite of all the problems there). What the heck am I doing here?

And indeed, Venezuela is an absolute beautiful country. Forget the dark past, keep your head up and look to the future. May it be a wonderful one!

I wish you, and your dog, the very best.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Life is a journey, and it takes us to the strangest places. I visited 32 countries and lived in 7 of them. I believe one should live where she feels at home. Home is where the heart is. You answered that yourself:

I miss my family, my friends, my country (in spite of all the problems there). What the heck am I doing here?

And indeed, Venezuela is an absolute beautiful country. Forget the dark past, keep your head up and look to the future. May it be a wonderful one!

I wish you, and your dog, the very best.

Danke schön! :)

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

try googling "freecycle" as well. you can also try to find needy organizations/people in your area that may do good to use your things. for the things that you do want, and are too heavy to take with you, you can have them shipped via cargo boat. my mom did this this past summer and paid maybe $500 for 4 huge tubs of stuff.

sorry to hear about your troubles....hope you will find peace and happiness soon enough (F)

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

There are some charities that will come and collect items you wish to donate to them. Try doing a google search for your area.

I'm sorry for your pain and loneliness. There is nothing like the comfort of family. Go home, girl ~ be happy!

03-03-09 I-751 mailed to VSC

03-06-09 I-751 received at VSC

03-10-09 Check cashed

03-26-09 NOA1 received

03-30-09 Biometrics Appointment Notice

04-03-09 Can 'see' my case online USCIS

04-15-09 Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta

04-16-09 Touched

07-13-09 Waiting for something, anything...

07-31-09 Received my SECOND biometrics notice ...wth?

08-22-09 Second Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta: picture only this time

08-24-09 Touched

08-25-09 Touched

09-14-09 Received my THIRD biometrics notice

09-26-09 Will try a 'walk-in' in Atlanta ~ successful: picture only, again

09-28-09 Touched

09-29-09 Touched

09-30-09 Third Biometrics Date

12-02-09 Called USCIS: case still being processed

02-08-10 Waiting...

02-19-10 Called USCIS: Completed a service request based on my case being outside processing time

03-05-10 Info Pass scheduled in Atlanta for extension stamp in passport

03-10-10 E-mail received: Card production ordered - I can't believe it, finally! (Time = 1 year & 1 week)

03-23-10 10 Year Green Card Received

02-19-10 Eligible to file N-400

02-28-10 N-400 mailed to Texas

03-04-10 N-400 received in Texas

04-07-10 Biometrics

06-04-10 Service request

07-21-10 Interview & Oath Ceremony same day in Atlanta - Visa Journey over!

Filed: Timeline
if you don't want to move them - see them or give them away on craigslist - see www.craigslist,org - choose your city, and start posting. Be wary of sexual predators, though. Good Luck with the move !

:wacko:

Why :wacko: ??? A lot of real creeps respond to those ads.

oh and sister cami, best of luck in your decision (L)

There are some charities that will come and collect items you wish to donate to them. Try doing a google search for your area.

I'm sorry for your pain and loneliness. There is nothing like the comfort of family. Go home, girl ~ be happy!

Yes, OP, never give up in pursuit of your happiness. Life is TOO short to be miserable. Glad that you see the light that going home is the right thing to do, and the right place for you to be. You are a smart girl.

Too many come to US on a marriage visa, get divorced, and feel the need to stay here without the man that loved and came here for. The US is a harsh place to survive economically. Things have really turned into Dog-eat-Dog.

You came here to be with him, now he is gone, and you no longer have a reason to be here. Glad you are taking action, and taking care of yourself. GodBless.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Cami

I'm sorry that you are lonely , depressed and unhappy. May the peace of God that surpasses our understanding calm all your anxiety and fears. I'd suggest that you walk into a church ,Hear the word of God , it will encourage you. God loves you . The more you go to your nearby church you will find people to talk to , share your pain , and make friends.

If you have made up your mind to go home, just post your items online, if you can't sell all donate. MAy you find God's favor and have peace in your heart.

Have a Blessed day.

I totally agree..

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been through this, but I need some advice and that's why I post today. I moved to the USA very in love, with so many good expectations and illusions, thinking it would be time for me to build my family with the man I loved.

We're good friends now, but we got divorced this year. After a lot of pain and a long process, we are divorced. We were married for less than 3 years.

I have tried a lot of things in order to continue my life here. College (couldn't afford it), jobs (couldn't keep them for different reasons)... I also had another relationship, a short one, it didn't work. So I feel like I've been pushing and pushing a situation that is definitely not working for me. I don't belong here. I miss my family, my friends, my country (in spite of all the problems there). What the heck am I doing here?

I live alone, in a small studio with my doggy Frida. I told my father today that I want to go back, I cannot deal with this anymore. I know life is tough for everybody, but I cannot let it go to the point that I prefer I was dead. I'm depressed, I don't feel like getting up, I don't know a lot of people, I've gained weight... I could complain all day. However, I have health (thank God), I'm young and I really want to save my life and stablish myself somewhere. But not here.

I don't know what to do with my things (bed, sofa, dressers, dining set, pots & pans, china, silverware, books) in order to move. I'm scared of having to do all this by myself. Anyone has any idea of what would work to get rid of all the things that cannot come with me?

I'm sorry about the venting. I know there are people with much worse problems, but this is what I'm living right now. I cannot take it anymore. Loneliness is killing me.

Thank you for letting me share my feelings.

Cami.

sorry you feel that way but if Iwas you I would not go back to venezuela that is where you are from right , you been here 3 years wait 2 more get your citizenship and then try visiting your country always keep the return open

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Cami,

Best wishes to you. I admire your courage, much more your motivation to attain happiness once again.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I hope everything works out for you.

Just an idea: you can give/sell things at the local college. A lot of college/international students are always looking for cheap pots and pans.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

I'm also inclined to agree with Emilio Delgado i.e. try sticking it out for a couple of more years so you can get your citizenship, and also to see if things improve.

I came to the US in 2004 to begin a PhD and, oh my God, I was so bloody miserable. You have no idea how unhappy I was. I realized as soon as I got here that doing a PhD was a big mistake, and I was so incredibly lonely and homesick. And, um, no offence to Americans, but it's really hard to have meaningful friendships here. It's easy to have "acquaintances" but I hate superficial relationships.

It was only after 2.5 years here that things started to get better, and then I met my husband 1.5 years after that. Things aren't 100% perfect right now but I'm definitely glad I stayed.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AUGUST 10 2004 - Arrived in Austin, TX with F-1 student visa status.

EARLY JAN/FEB 2008 - Met Michael (my future husband) in the café where he works.

APRIL 12 2008 - We go on our first date. It lasted 2 days!

APRIL 13 2009 - Got married in Marfa, TX, in the middle of the West Texan desert.

NOVEMBER 4 2009 - Finally saved up enough money to send off I-130; I-485; I-131; I-765.

NOVEMBER 5 2009 - Package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox at 9:32 a.m! Signed for by A. Analakis. [DAY 1]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - Cheques for I-485 and I-130 are finally cashed! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - I-485, I-130, I-1765 & I-131 are all "touched"! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 13 2009 - Received NOA's for I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 (Notice date - November 10th 2009).[DAY 9]

NOVEMBER 16 2009 - All forms were "touched" again. [DAY 12]

NOVEMBER 23 2009 - Received biometrics appointment letter (scheduled for December 14th 2009) [DAY 19]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - Walk-in biometrics appointment in Austin ASC [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 25 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 21]

DECEMBER 28 2009 - Received AP approval letter, dated December 23. Received a text & email, too [DAY 54]

DECEMBER 29 2009 - Received email & text, saying EAD is approved; card production ordered. [DAY 55]

DECEMBER 31 2009 - Received AP document. [DAY 57]

JANUARY 2 2010 - Received EAD & interview letter (interview will be 02/16/10, San Antonio). [DAY 59]

FEBRUARY 16 2010 - Approved at interview! I-551 stamp in passport. [DAY 104]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Cami

All I can say is this: if you look back to your past, may it help you to go forward, to the happiness you deserve.

You are a warrior. ;)

When life isn't going great for you, there is a huge tendency to look back and paint a much happier picture of the past than you actually experienced.

One thing that every immigrant spouse understands is leaving behind family, friends and millions of happy memories.

Be strong, you're 3 years down of a 5 year stretch to get citizenship, you can hold out a little bit longer. Don't risk losing the opportunity you've suffered for. Encourage your family to visit you here if possible, but don't close down your options because you've hit a rough patch in life.

Can you afford a month's visit to go "home" and see whether you've become so Americanised that you couldn't really live there again? Living the life shows you how much you've changed. I speak from experience when I say that you change a lot more than you realise and it can be a disappointment to be home again, even with the benefits of a loving family and great friends.

Hope you can find a way that works for you! :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.