camifree

I think I'm moving back to my country

45 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been through this, but I need some advice and that's why I post today. I moved to the USA very in love, with so many good expectations and illusions, thinking it would be time for me to build my family with the man I loved.

We're good friends now, but we got divorced this year. After a lot of pain and a long process, we are divorced. We were married for less than 3 years.

I have tried a lot of things in order to continue my life here. College (couldn't afford it), jobs (couldn't keep them for different reasons)... I also had another relationship, a short one, it didn't work. So I feel like I've been pushing and pushing a situation that is definitely not working for me. I don't belong here. I miss my family, my friends, my country (in spite of all the problems there). What the heck am I doing here?

I live alone, in a small studio with my doggy Frida. I told my father today that I want to go back, I cannot deal with this anymore. I know life is tough for everybody, but I cannot let it go to the point that I prefer I was dead. I'm depressed, I don't feel like getting up, I don't know a lot of people, I've gained weight... I could complain all day. However, I have health (thank God), I'm young and I really want to save my life and stablish myself somewhere. But not here.

I don't know what to do with my things (bed, sofa, dressers, dining set, pots & pans, china, silverware, books) in order to move. I'm scared of having to do all this by myself. Anyone has any idea of what would work to get rid of all the things that cannot come with me?

I'm sorry about the venting. I know there are people with much worse problems, but this is what I'm living right now. I cannot take it anymore. Loneliness is killing me.

Thank you for letting me share my feelings.

Cami.

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been through this, but I need some advice and that's why I post today. I moved to the USA very in love, with so many good expectations and illusions, thinking it would be time for me to build my family with the man I loved.

We're good friends now, but we got divorced this year. After a lot of pain and a long process, we are divorced. We were married for less than 3 years.

I have tried a lot of things in order to continue my life here. College (couldn't afford it), jobs (couldn't keep them for different reasons)... I also had another relationship, a short one, it didn't work. So I feel like I've been pushing and pushing a situation that is definitely not working for me. I don't belong here. I miss my family, my friends, my country (in spite of all the problems there). What the heck am I doing here?

I live alone, in a small studio with my doggy Frida. I told my father today that I want to go back, I cannot deal with this anymore. I know life is tough for everybody, but I cannot let it go to the point that I prefer I was dead. I'm depressed, I don't feel like getting up, I don't know a lot of people, I've gained weight... I could complain all day. However, I have health (thank God), I'm young and I really want to save my life and stablish myself somewhere. But not here.

I don't know what to do with my things (bed, sofa, dressers, dining set, pots & pans, china, silverware, books) in order to move. I'm scared of having to do all this by myself. Anyone has any idea of what would work to get rid of all the things that cannot come with me?

I'm sorry about the venting. I know there are people with much worse problems, but this is what I'm living right now. I cannot take it anymore. Loneliness is killing me.

Thank you for letting me share my feelings.

Cami.

Sorry to hear that. You can take pics of your stuff and make postings on craigslist, facebook etc. You can also do a garage sale on the weekend,

im sure people are willing to pay some money if the stuff is in good condition. The stuff that doesn't get sold can as well be given to goodwill.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Cami

I'm sorry that you are lonely , depressed and unhappy. May the peace of God that surpasses our understanding calm all your anxiety and fears. I'd suggest that you walk into a church ,Hear the word of God , it will encourage you. God loves you . The more you go to your nearby church you will find people to talk to , share your pain , and make friends.

If you have made up your mind to go home, just post your items online, if you can't sell all donate. MAy you find God's favor and have peace in your heart.

Have a Blessed day.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry to hear what you are going thru, life is deffinetely not easy for everyone out there, you gave your best shot and tried hard to cope with life here in the States, I believe you should go back home, spend time with your family and maybe try again, but first you must focus on what's really important, life is also not easy back home but I lnow you will feel better when you are surround by your family and friends, just remember, the oportunity to be here legally might not look good now because all your problems, pain and stress, but maybe in the future, when you are not as depress as you are now things will lookd different, you might have stronger will power to overcome things, in other words now your life just does not look good at all, but in couple of months things can be different, don't just go back home and disregard the chance to make it better for you and others, you never know how everythings is gonna turn out to be.........but if at the end you believe is better to just go back, then do it, you only live once and is better to have a happy life than a misserable one.

GOOD LUCK

LUISH

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

You can try to sell some things if you want, and just say F it for the rest of the things. Leave them in your apartment, what are they going to do, make you come back to move them? Not possible. Good luck!

You can try to sell some things if you want, and just say F it for the rest of the things. Leave them in your apartment, what are they going to do, make you come back to move them? Not possible. Good luck!

I thought about that... just packing my stuff and leaving the rest here.... but my common sense doesn't let me do it, lol

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you don't want to move them - see them or give them away on craigslist - see www.craigslist,org - choose your city, and start posting. Be wary of sexual predators, though. Good Luck with the move !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm also very sorry to hear you are feeling so low right now.

Sometimes, quality of life has nothing to do with money. A support system of family and friends will be worth more to you right now than the material advantages you might have in the US.

I would try and sell stuff on ebay or craigslist to have some start-up money back home, and donate the rest.

I wish you all the best for your new beginning! Be strong!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

edit -

if you don't want to move them - you can sell them or give them away on craigslist - see www.craigslist,org - choose your city, and start posting. Be wary of sexual predators, though. Good Luck with the move !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I thought about that... just packing my stuff and leaving the rest here.... but my common sense doesn't let me do it, lol

I understand that. But just as a last resort :)

edit -

if you don't want to move them - you can sell them or give them away on craigslist - see www.craigslist,org - choose your city, and start posting. Be wary of sexual predators, though. Good Luck with the move !

Sexual predators?????? :(

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

i'm sorry that you are sad but i understand how you feel about going home, there is no place like home as they said. You either put it on craigslist or ebay.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
edit -

cami,

sorry to hear that things are not working out well for you. sometimes family is more importnat than anything else. it seems that now is one of those times.

the warning about sexual predators is in reference to the fact that you are a single woman and should be careful for your personal safety when considering selling items from your home. trying to sell personal posessions involves listing the contents of your home and providing contact information to anyone who happens to see your advertisement on the internet. making the actual sale would involve letting strangers into your home.

there have been a few incidents in which rapists answered sale advertisements, spoke to sellers on the phone, and after determining that they are single women, arranged to visit them. during the visits they sexually assaulted the women, robbed them, and escaped. some of these criminals have been caught.

if you want to sell your posessions i suggest that you look for an auction house in your area that sells household goods. they usually charge comission of 20-30%, and will pick the items up at your apartment. this would be a good arrangement as there are no "strangers" involved, and you can complete the entire transaction in accordance with your moving schedule.

you can time the pick-up to occur a few days before you leave for home, and arrange to have the auction house deposit the proceeds of sale directly into your American bank account. you can get a debit card for this account that you can use in your home country to withdraw the cash. auction houses usually make sale of items and provide proceeds to the seller in 3-4 weeks.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

edit -

cami,

sorry to hear that things are not working out well for you. sometimes family is more importnat than anything else. it seems that now is one of those times.

the warning about sexual predators is in reference to the fact that you are a single woman and should be careful for your personal safety when considering selling items from your home. trying to sell personal posessions involves listing the contents of your home and providing contact information to anyone who happens to see your advertisement on the internet. making the actual sale would involve letting strangers into your home.

there have been a few incidents in which rapists answered sale advertisements, spoke to sellers on the phone, and after determining that they are single women, arranged to visit them. during the visits they sexually assaulted the women, robbed them, and escaped. some of these criminals have been caught.

if you want to sell your posessions i suggest that you look for an auction house in your area that sells household goods. they usually charge comission of 20-30%, and will pick the items up at your apartment. this would be a good arrangement as there are no "strangers" involved, and you can complete the entire transaction in accordance with your moving schedule.

you can time the pick-up to occur a few days before you leave for home, and arrange to have the auction house deposit the proceeds of sale directly into your American bank account. you can get a debit card for this account that you can use in your home country to withdraw the cash. auction houses usually make sale of items and provide proceeds to the seller in 3-4 weeks.

Thank you very much.... I'll look for an auction house, it's a very good idea :)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

There are thousands of people that want to leave the country where you want to go back to. That was the most beautiful country ever. La sucursal del cielo, con la sultana del avila bella, con los llanos, con las playas, con la gente, y con su comida, las hallacas, pan de hamon, cachitos, malta, susy y cocosette. Bueno amiga, eso ya no existe.

It is difficult to get used to another country, another life, but once you leave a life behind, that life keeps changing. Once you leave that life behind for so long, that life becomes a different life, that is not yours anymore.

Gloria al bravo Pueblo.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.