13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone

I sent any Email to the inspector general to ask about my case status and here is what they said to me :-

Dear Mr Mohamed :

i am writing in response to your Oct 4 ,2009 email to the office of inspector general concerning the status of your immigrant visa application .your inquiry was forwarded to the office visa ,public inquiries division for our response .

Our review of Department of state consular records confirmed that your visa application is currently pending under 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) at the U.S embassy in Cairo,Egypt .refusal under section 221(g) of the (INA) is an interim refusal used when required or supporting documents are incomplete or while the consular officer verifies information submitted in support of an application .

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be complete,please be assured that the consulate and the Department of state are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see the visa is adjudicated as soon as your qualifications have been verified

I hope that information may be helpful

public inquiries Division

visa services

Please can anyone here explain to me what does that mean ?

Does that mean they refused to give me the visa ?

are they going to deny me ?

what is the next step ?

Thank you so much everyone .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it sounds to me like your ap isn't finished yet.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
it sounds to me like your ap isn't finished yet.

Thats what i thought .i think I'm still under AP and thats what they are trying to tell me here .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I just found that

What is 221(g)?

The 221(g) is a section of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, which is used when the embassy or consulate are unable to take immediate action on a visa case. In rare cases, when additional processing is required, the suspense category used in that case is 221(g) while the additional processing takes place. For example, sometimes the applicant has failed to bring in the correct documentation, has incomplete information or in some cases the embassy wants a co sponsor before they will issue the visa or health reasons are all reasons a 221(g) is issued. In the Middle East/African/ Asian countries these applicants are scrutinized and screened more intensely and thus they have to wait out longer security or fraud investigations until all verifications for security or suspected fraud come back cleared.

So i think thats what the DOS trying to say to me here .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Sounds like you may be getting an RFE or they are just still reviewing. It is pretty unclear though just from reading that. I am scratching my head on this too. Have you tried calling the consulate?

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
refusal under section 221(g) of the (INA) is an interim refusal used when required or supporting documents are incomplete or while the consular officer verifies information submitted in support of an application .

To me, this sounds like a fancy way of saying you are still in AP/AR.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

If you havent been asked for documents I would say it is still under AP but in my situation our cases was sent back to USCIS and at every department they still say your case is under AP soooooooooooooo AP is just that administrative processing a very wide range of meanings. They can say AP without giving any important info

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline
If you havent been asked for documents I would say it is still under AP but in my situation our cases was sent back to USCIS and at every department they still say your case is under AP soooooooooooooo AP is just that administrative processing a very wide range of meanings. They can say AP without giving any important info

I just found that

What is 221(g)?

The 221(g) is a section of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, which is used when the embassy or consulate are unable to take immediate action on a visa case. In rare cases, when additional processing is required, the suspense category used in that case is 221(g) while the additional processing takes place. For example, sometimes the applicant has failed to bring in the correct documentation, has incomplete information or in some cases the embassy wants a co sponsor before they will issue the visa or health reasons are all reasons a 221(g) is issued. In the Middle East/African/ Asian countries these applicants are scrutinized and screened more intensely and thus they have to wait out longer security or fraud investigations until all verifications for security or suspected fraud come back cleared.

So i think thats what the DOS trying to say to me here . which mean i think i'm still under AP

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Moh - I'm sorry you're still in AP. The frustration is terrible.

Is your name Mohammed Mohammed? If so, I can imagine that a great portion of the hold up is the FBI name check. These name checks can take forever, and when dealing with the Muslim world, that is such a common first and last name. Sadly, it is probably bringing up a ton of hits on a watch list and they have to process you against each one. Somehow, I think they are way past trying to rule out relationship validity aka fraud and are now trying to ensure that you are not a terrorist. ;). :D

Be brave, and I will tell you do not pray for patience in all of this - God has made you very patient in all of this. Pray that God gives you understanding of the situation to get through it.

(((((((Moh))))))). You need them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone

I sent any Email to the inspector general to ask about my case status and here is what they said to me :-

Dear Mr Mohamed :

i am writing in response to your Oct 4 ,2009 email to the office of inspector general concerning the status of your immigrant visa application .your inquiry was forwarded to the office visa ,public inquiries division for our response .

Our review of Department of state consular records confirmed that your visa application is currently pending under 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) at the U.S embassy in Cairo,Egypt .refusal under section 221(g) of the (INA) is an interim refusal used when required or supporting documents are incomplete or while the consular officer verifies information submitted in support of an application .

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be complete,please be assured that the consulate and the Department of state are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see the visa is adjudicated as soon as your qualifications have been verified

I hope that information may be helpful

public inquiries Division

visa services

Please can anyone here explain to me what does that mean ?

Does that mean they refused to give me the visa ?

are they going to deny me ?

what is the next step ?

Thank you so much everyone .

Mohamed

Sounds like they are just telling you that your case is in AP- no real information about your case, just ithat t is being reviewed, which is AP.

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicated thread moved from MENA and merged with existing thread here so all of the answers are in one spot. This is the correct forum for this post. It is unnecessary to post in more than one location.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Moh - I'm sorry you're still in AP. The frustration is terrible.

Is your name Mohammed Mohammed? If so, I can imagine that a great portion of the hold up is the FBI name check. These name checks can take forever, and when dealing with the Muslim world, that is such a common first and last name. Sadly, it is probably bringing up a ton of hits on a watch list and they have to process you against each one. Somehow, I think they are way past trying to rule out relationship validity aka fraud and are now trying to ensure that you are not a terrorist. ;) . :D

Be brave, and I will tell you do not pray for patience in all of this - God has made you very patient in all of this. Pray that God gives you understanding of the situation to get through it.

(((((((Moh))))))). You need them.

Thank you so much for your sweet words and for your prayers i really appreciate it .

I'm trying to be patient thats all what we can do now .and we really are so sick of waiting but we are still trying in hang in there .

I hope that we will hear good news soon .

Have a nice blessed weekend (F)

Mohamed

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

update :

I just sent an email to the embassy and they sent me an Email back .

here is what they said :-

Dear Madam:

The case is pending administrative processing. We will contact you once that is completed to notify you of the final decision made about the case.

We appreciate your follow up.

Regards,

Consular staff

Nothing new about it .and they even still calling me Madam !

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.