*Maureen*

Tuesday

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hey Nagi and Amanda!

Amanda, it's work in progress, i'm sure your photography will take off, it takes some time but don't give up. Years ago, a photographer took pictures of my home ( from a plane) cause he had a beautiful view of my home and came knocking on my front door with a beautiful portrait of my home and asked if i would like to purchase it and of course, i did. Now, i'm sure you don't have a plane parked in your driveway but this guy was a photographer and rented a ride on a plane ( down the street from me there was a guy who had his own plane and would fly out around our neighborhood and would rent rides to the public) and he simply was taking photographs of the homes in the neighborhood and went to each of the homes to sell them and I think all of us did purchase it. He was a young guy who just was starting off in his new business of photography and thought what a great idea to sell his work and it was, he made a bundle from all of us in the neighborhood.

Yes, I agree...It won't happen overnight and I didn't get my hopes up in the beginning so I won't be let down. :) I know it will come with time and hard work. I went to a Latino Festival this weekend and handed out flyers in Spanish and an hour after I left I had a call! So I just need to stick with it and I know it will work out.

Amanda

Great idea Amanda! Mexicans have lots of events such as quincinereas (sp?)

hubby also hasn't found a job yet and he has been here almost 2 months. It's really stressing him out but there is nothing we can really do about it. He had one interview with no luck for the job and inshallah another interview this week at a job he really wants and he can even bike there!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy....ummm...Tuesday, yeah, that's it, Tuesday. Everyday is starting to run together...

Make it a good one peeps!!

OUR TIMELINE:

Met online: June 5, 2006

Met in person: February 5, 2007

Marriage: February 24, 2007 in Beirut, Lebanon

I-130 Sent: July 23, 2007

NOA1: September 4, 2007

Daughter Born: October 27, 2007

NOA2 (Both 1-130 & I-129): March 12, 2008

NVC receives I-129F, case # assigned: April 4, 2008 (They NEVER receive the I-130)

Interview Date: August 12, 2008

Visa in hand, 1 month exactly of AP/AR/name checks: September 12, 2008 (whoot! whoot!)

POE: October 16, 2008 (praying all goes smoothly!)

Abed arrives in Lexington, KY (FINALLY! What a rough trip for him!): October 17, 2008, 8:47am EST

Adjustment of Status:

Sent in April 16, 2009

Received NOA1 in mail: April 29, 2009

Biometrics Appt: May 13, 2009

RFE: May 11, 2009 (received May 14, 2009)

Sent in RFE (that we had already included in the original packet!): May 26, 2009

Resumed Processing: June 1, 2009

EAD Card Production Ordered: June 10, 2009 (thank you GOD!!)

Received EAD card: June 20, 2009

2nd Daughter Born: July 13, 2009

Interview Date: July 31, 2009...easy, breezy...Card Production Ordered!

Received 10 year green card : August 14, 2009

Baby Boy is born: May 17, 2012

Apply for Citizenship: October 22, 2012

Interview: January 11, 2013

Oath Date: April 12, 2013 (Covington, KY)

done Done and DONE!!! Praise God!

Now we get to work on getting his family to the US!!

Filed: Timeline

Hola !

...sneakin on from work to say hi.

Tragic accident at my apartment building~ a 2 year-old fell out of the 3rd story window and is still in a coma. It happened on Sunday. I feel so bad for his mother. I pray he recovers.

3 1/2 more hours and I am free. I have been working 8-8 almost everyday and I am exhausted.

Jackie (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hola !

...sneakin on from work to say hi.

Tragic accident at my apartment building~ a 2 year-old fell out of the 3rd story window and is still in a coma. It happened on Sunday. I feel so bad for his mother. I pray he recovers.

3 1/2 more hours and I am free. I have been working 8-8 almost everyday and I am exhausted.

Jackie (F)

poor baby :crying:(F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

The poor baby landed right outside my living room window, him and the screen. The couch was in front of the window, and he tumbled right out :(

I keep the blinds closed now, I don't (can't) look outside yet.

55 more minutes and I am out of work! I miss having the internet sooo much!

Hope ya'll have a good evening.

Jax (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
The poor baby landed right outside my living room window, him and the screen. The couch was in front of the window, and he tumbled right out :(

I keep the blinds closed now, I don't (can't) look outside yet.

55 more minutes and I am out of work! I miss having the internet sooo much!

Hope ya'll have a good evening.

Jax (F)

That's horrible (F) Inshallah the baby survives and you heal from that tramatizing experience (L)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

(F) for the innocent child. Insha'Allah he will get better.

Is anyone else having "one of those weeks"? It started as "one of those days" a few days ago and hasn't stopped. I should start making a list of all the weird/unusual and crazy things happening to me this week. I do not drink, but I needed one today...walked down to the lounge at work and bought a strong one- a cold Bebsi! straight up with caffeine!

Enjoy the downhill ride to the weekend.

Baj

Edited by Bajih

ah. the longing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.