Salima

Denied for a Second Time

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I have been petitioning for him to come to the USA since 2008. We were married in Morocco and this has been a nightmare journey. He was approved by the USA but denied by the consulate in December 2008. Our file was sent back to the State Department for further review. I submitted all the required documents that were requested and he was approved again this year.

Today he had a visa appointment at the consulate in Casablanca again. He took all the documents requested by them and they denied him again. The interviewer says again we don't have a common language, even though we submitted to US Immigration 2 years of phone records, chats, and other documentation. Part of the documentation taken to the interview was the same thing because that is what they requested.

I don't know if it is because I am older than him, but they will not give him the visa. I don't know what else to do. If someone can give some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well ive seen cases where age does make a difference but ive seen more people get the visa with a big age difference but i dont think this is the case, i think its just morocco being jerks, i use to live in khemessette close to rabat and thats a whole different world, anyways, my advice at this point is to consulate a attourney cause this is crazy, phone records, chat logs for 2 years and they say language is the problem? i would see a attourney, just my opinion here, good luck!

well ive seen cases where age does make a difference but ive seen more people get the visa with a big age difference but i dont think this is the case, i think its just morocco being jerks, i use to live in khemessette close to rabat and thats a whole different world, anyways, my advice at this point is to consulate a attourney cause this is crazy, phone records, chat logs for 2 years and they say language is the problem? i would see a attourney, just my opinion here, good luck!

dSCDm6.png

sent i-130 10-16-2009

noa1 recieved 10-26-2009

noa2 recieved 2-27-2010. got no rfes thank god!

case completed 4 months 1 week and 4 days

date recieved by nvc 3-10-2010

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :3-17-2010

Return Completed DS-3032 :3-17-2010

Pay I-864 Bill :3-19-2010

Receive I-864 Package 3-19-2010. used nvc shortcuts!

Return I-864 Package 3-27-2010

-- Receive IV Bill : 3-27-2010

-- Pay IV Bill : 3-27-2010

-- Receive Instruction Package :

-- sent iv packet 4-1-2010

-- Case Completed at NVC : 5-7-2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyy!

Date Package Left From NVC :5-11-2010

interview date-6-23-2010

interview results-approveddddddddd! no ap!!! yayayaya skippy!

visa recieved-visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! june 29.2010 6 days after interview!!!

port of entry- j.f.k july 2 2010!

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for the encouragement. I will talk to an attorney here in the USA, but I think my husband needs to find an attorney there too. I am so happy I found this site where I can talk to people who understand what we are going through. Thank you again for responding to my post. My heart is broken right now and I feel as thought the world has crashed in our us. But I will keep your words.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My husband and I have been petitioning for him to come to the USA since 2008. We were married in Morocco and this has been a nightmare journey. He was approved by the USA but denied by the consulate in December 2008. Our file was sent back to the State Department for further review. I submitted all the required documents that were requested and he was approved again this year.

Today he had a visa appointment at the consulate in Casablanca again. He took all the documents requested by them and they denied him again. The interviewer says again we don't have a common language, even though we submitted to US Immigration 2 years of phone records, chats, and other documentation. Part of the documentation taken to the interview was the same thing because that is what they requested.

I don't know if it is because I am older than him, but they will not give him the visa. I don't know what else to do. If someone can give some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Consular officers are trained to consider the totality of the circumstances. Without knowing those, we would be foolish to speculate on their reasons for reaching this conclusion twice. A large reverse age difference coming from that region is a huge red flag though and needs a lot of TLC to achieve success. Obtaining a spouse visa is far more involved than simply providing all the requested documents.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Was the official reason for the denial (this time) 'no common language'? If not, what was the official reason given?

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As PP said, to help more, it would be good to know what the exact reason of denial was as per the denial paper you/ your husband should have been given. If you can include the reason for the first denial, that might be good too. Do you know why the CO said "no common language"? Ie are you using translating software, or a friend/ relative to translate? Also, how many times have you met in person? were you at the second interview?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I will have a copy of the letter tomorrow when he faxes it to me. But he said they told him his language was not good. I will have a better answer tomorrow.

Was the official reason for the denial (this time) 'no common language'? If not, what was the official reason given?

Timeline

The first time he was denied they said we did not share a common language. I submitted phone records from far back as 2007 and more than 97 pages of online chatting for us. The consulate said my husband did not know when I had my first divorce. I show documents that prove he knew everything. We do not use a translator of any kind, no friend, only he and I . He speaks arabic and french and for me english. His english is not perfect but we have no trouble. As a matter of fact his english is good. I have been to his country twice and was not present for the second interview.

As PP said, to help more, it would be good to know what the exact reason of denial was as per the denial paper you/ your husband should have been given. If you can include the reason for the first denial, that might be good too. Do you know why the CO said "no common language"? Ie are you using translating software, or a friend/ relative to translate? Also, how many times have you met in person? were you at the second interview?

The first time he was denied they said we did not share a common language. I submitted phone records from far back as 2007 and more than 97 pages of online chatting for us. The consulate said my husband did not know when I had my first divorce. I show documents that prove he knew everything. We do not use a translator of any kind, no friend, only he and I . He speaks arabic and french and for me english. His english is not perfect but we have no trouble. As a matter of fact his english is good. I have been to his country twice and was not present for the second interview.

Its not a matter of proving with documents...the consular official who interviewed you felt that your husband did not know the date of your divorce...it could have been that your husband hesitated when he answered, or was off in the dates.

Given that you had a first denial, it would have really been beneficial if you had attended the second interview. That is a very effective way to prove bona-fides of a relationship.

When was your husband's second interview? Have you contacted your senator/congressman? Maybe they can be of assistance.

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

No advice to add, but that I hope you two are able to get through this [f]

I'm so sorry for the "grr" factor of immigration that you've been going through.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It might help if you were there during his interview. Aside from moral support, you could establish your relationship by being there to support him.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

main factor is age difference,cos i saw cases in cairo lasted for more than 2 years they call it ap or ar sometimes although we all know what ap or ar mean.

second is common langiage and the consular got the right to deny it if he judged that your partner lack the language of communication i mean if he barely say an english sentence,so they will never tell you age difference.

Timeline

paperwork is easy but the matter is an interactive behavior,how a husband doesnt know the date of divorce of his wife? or how come he didnt understand the question if u showed evidence of calls,chat logs for 2 years?listen your second interview was still based on the ground of the first one recorded at their database,and the usem staff's opinion never overturned at this case.i think you should get an atty soon and inshallah i hope god makes it easier for everyone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.