LoosingHope

Still 9 Monhts and waiting

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I just got touched today after 9 months . I had called our local congresswoman and she did an inquiry . Nothing had been touched since November 7 . I just recieved an email that a RFE went out to me in the mail. What could that be? Any at least we have some movement . with no thanks to my lawyer.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Milan, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2005-09-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-11

Touched July 19th 2006 :unsure: . IT's About Time

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The RFE could be for something you forgot to submit, something you submitted and they lost, something you submitted that is now out of date or for a myriad of other reasons, you won't know until you get it.

Thankfully something is now happening with your case, I hope you have let your lawyer go and things move along quickly for you :)

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Seems to me that your lawyer should have done something about the delay long ago.

Others have reported that their lawyers never informed them of RFEs that were sent to the lawyer's office. Is it possible your lawyer received the RFE long ago and never passed it on to you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Seems to me that your lawyer should have done something about the delay long ago.

Others have reported that their lawyers never informed them of RFEs that were sent to the lawyer's office. Is it possible your lawyer received the RFE long ago and never passed it on to you?

In that case wouldn't the RFE have expired? If the expiration date elapses, it's just like you've abandoned the petition. I don't think that's the case, though. Even though you're getting an RFE (and only crazy IMBRA people like them), it's good news - there's finally something happening to your case. Best of luck!

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

I just got touched today after 9 months . I had called our local congresswoman and she did an inquiry . Nothing had been touched since November 7 . I just recieved an email that a RFE went out to me in the mail. What could that be? Any at least we have some movement . with no thanks to my lawyer.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Milan, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2005-09-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-11

Touched July 19th 2006 :unsure: . IT's About Time

I would hasten a guess that your petition has been held up in security checks. Now that you are receiving an RFE for whatever reason...hopefully once you return what they are requesting, an approval wont be too long in coming.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow, I can not believe that. How could you be patient to wait so long. I hope the process is moving fast now. Much luck on your further journey.

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hopefully the RFE is a sign that your visa application is back up and moving. You have been patient for 9 month's now so keep with it. Some lawyers are pure cowboys when it comes to their job.

Keep at it and you know it will be worth it in the end.

Met on the 21st of February 2003.

I worked and studied in USA for a while.

Currently studying in London and gathering information to begin visa process.

Hope to get married in Illinois sometime around July 2007.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

We were stuck for more than nine months at NSC also. The reason they gave us were security checks. Our lawyer was completely unable to speed things up. All they can do is inquire and pass on information they receive from the service center.

Keep bugging them and your congressperson, have them inquire about the status whenever the 30 days waiting time are up, make sure they know you are getting impatient. That's really all you can do, we were told.

Hang in there, it can't be too much longer now!

Good luck!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I was held up 6 months at CSC due to security checks, I just kept emailing CSC letting them know I was not going to forget that my petition was not approved yet. LOL, I emailed them at least twice a month, seemed like the same officer got my email and emailed me back each and every time. The day my petition was approved I sent him a thank you email, because I know they are really doing all they can. I also contacted my Congresswoman and had her inquire as well. I think that is really all you can do, but at least that keeps them aware of your case.

Just Hang in there, if they have sent you an RFE, it can't be much longer now, I bet you will be approved as soon as you send in the information.......Good Luck to you

Edited by snz1802

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Timeline
I was held up 6 months at CSC due to security checks, I just kept emailing CSC letting them know I was not going to forget that my petition was not approved yet. LOL, I emailed them at least twice a month, seemed like the same officer got my email and emailed me back each and every time. The day my petition was approved I sent him a thank you email, because I know they are really doing all they can. I also contacted my Congresswoman and had her inquire as well. I think that is really all you can do, but at least that keeps them aware of your case.

Just Hang in there, if they have sent you an RFE, it can't be much longer now, I bet you will be approved as soon as you send in the information.......Good Luck to you

I got touched again today . The first RFE was request for pictures ; that we already sent 9 monhts ago. Wonder what that means . Anyway they recieved them again and said you will recieve a written answer shortly and less than the usual time processed as are case was already partially processed. Wonder what this whole thing means.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I got touched again today . The first RFE was request for pictures ; that we already sent 9 monhts ago. Wonder what that means . Anyway they recieved them again and said you will recieve a written answer shortly and less than the usual time processed as are case was already partially processed. Wonder what this whole thing means.

The last message you got means they have the RFE back there and they'll work on it. Good news! :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

At least a "security check" means someone's doing something. They "lost" my application for a good 4 months or more.

I've been sending email to CSC now and it seems a bit more informative than the customer "disservice" line.

As to lawyers, I have yet to find any with a good reputation.

7-6-2005 Sent paperwork to CSC

7-13-2005 NOA-1

12-27-2005 Called about out of process

1-3-2006 Response sent

2-3-2006 Called because response never made it, started out of process again

4-5-2006 Called again because nothing has happened got the response "nothing has changed"

4-11-2006 Emailed CSC

4-12-2006 Emailed Congressman

4-13-2006 Got response from CSC stating that the file has been requested for processing (Hopefull yeah!)

6-30-2006 Exchange email with CSC--file is being processed contact again in 30 days

7-30-2006 CSC no longer accepts email

8-21-2006 NOA-2 Fantastic!

9-8-2006 NVC supposedly sends to Embassy

10-4-2006 Embassy doesn't have paperwork yet?

10-11-2006 Interview set for 10-25-2006

Dump the loser, I mean lawyer. If you need one, find another that does not have his/her head up the #######...

You are paying this idiot for non-performance. Lawyers are a "dime-a-dozen" in this country. Find one with a functional brain!!!

At least a "security check" means someone's doing something. They "lost" my application for a good 4 months or more.

I've been sending email to CSC now and it seems a bit more informative than the customer "disservice" line.

Timeline
Dump the loser, I mean lawyer. If you need one, find another that does not have his/her head up the #######...

You are paying this idiot for non-performance. Lawyers are a "dime-a-dozen" in this country. Find one with a functional brain!!!

The lawyer can only do as much as we can in theese situations ; as long as he is monitoring the situation contacting senators wrting letter and submitting perfect paperwork.

Anyway I got touched today ; stating that I will recieve a written decision shortly . Since thay wanted pictures last week again and now they are sending us a decision ; wonder if that's an approval. Hope so as 9 months of waiting is very stressfull to me and my fiancee . ANy comments ? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.