151 posts in this topic

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the updates and am hopeful you will receive word soon.

They have to let you know something...it doesn't seem right that they don't care about the french residency expiring :huh:

it is such a hard time, even though everyone's journey is unique, the waiting and not knowing is the hardest part.

It will come girlfriend, it will.

The day before my husband got his call, after nearly 5 months in AP (second time AP) I posted here completely distraught and worried about my husband in Maroc....it was like GOD heard our prayers because the next day, unexpectedly, out of the blue...we got the call that we had waited for so long.

If it wasn't for VJ I am not sure how I would have gotten thru.

your prayers will be answered....turn to GOD.

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Beth,

I remember once you sent me a link or document that was circulated by the State department to all its posts on how to handle an immigrant visa interview. Oh, I think it was an article by Mark Ellis on State department circulation instructing why and how a consular could not deny already approved petition by the USCIS. Specifically I remember one line that said the denial needs to be based on the material facts that were not "...readily available to USCIS at the time of approval of the Petition..."

My point? well, I do not think the embassy has any facts unknown to USCIS in your case. Therefore, keep your chin up. You will hear the great news soon. I know soon we all here at VJ will see a new topic in Bold and Caps read " OMG!! WE ARE APPROVED - by Paris- Heart-Mended"

I look forward to that call at 2 AM. The French embassy has no choice but to approve you

Mohan, as I sit in my office today, watching my co-workers tip toe around me, I wrote out the possible verdicts in this case.

A. Approval

B. Denial

C. Denial banned from USA

D. AP/AR sending petition to D.C.

I dont know what will happen, I dont care what happens to me, its my husband is what I care about. I just want him happy, safe, and well.

From verdict B to D, I will not survive this, and it will be all my fault. I need time, I should not of even reported to work today, so Im taking a leave from work and VJ till I know what our future holds. I have reached my breaking point.

ohhh Beth the answer definitley is gonna be A. approval !!!!!!!!!!!!! on the passport deal i don't think they would keep his passport unless to stamp a visa in it ,, and to put him on AP they really don't need a passport they have every thing on their hand to investigate , it does not make sense you have all the legentimate files and did your duty at the uscis stage to let them know what went in your life yes in deed you can marry again and again as long us you termintate your previous marriages , which you did there is no way they would deny him a visa!!!! but they are just being a little pain for now!!! waiting to hear your good news !!!!!!!!

hugs !!

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Here is the article I spoke of earlier. I know this one is all over VJ and other family immigration websites. posting it here for the ease of finding.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Beth, you have nothing to worry about.

I donot know what the State dept can see on their computer , but during my family's interview, the consular kept typing and only looked at us once. This makes me beleive whatever he was typing was actually his findings about our caseand the his reasoning to why he was approving the visa. Further, i would assume, he was typing on the State dpt's networked computer. now anyone should question my assumption, but that is my belief until proven otherwise. So " ALL Looks Good" must mean something and nothing but a huge positive.

Take care.

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

Here is the article I spoke of earlier. I know this one is all over VJ and other family immigration websites. posting it here for the ease of finding.

I donot know what the State dept can see on their computer , but during my family's interview, the consular kept typing and only looked at us once. This makes me beleive whatever he was typing was actually his findings about our caseand the his reasoning to why he was approving the visa. Further, i would assume, he was typing on the State dpt's networked computer. now anyone should question my assumption, but that is my belief until proven otherwise. So " ALL Looks Good" must mean something and nothing but a huge positive.

Take care.

The embassy has not contacted me or my husband as of this very minute, I called state dept again, useless, I emailed our states senator, no word there eaither, Im so friggin lost. I emailed embassy 4 times, again 5 minutes ago, Im going nuts.

I called their phone systems sucks big time, keep getting a automated machine, the prompts are not working, what else can I do????????

I'm trying to find a email address to Charles Rivkin the American Ambassador to France.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His card expires Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And YES State Dept does see notes made by U.S. Embassy found that out today!!!!

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Take care.

The embassy has not contacted me or my husband as of this very minute, I called state dept again, useless, I emailed our states senator, no word there eaither, Im so friggin lost. I emailed embassy 4 times, again 5 minutes ago, Im going nuts.

I called their phone systems sucks big time, keep getting a automated machine, the prompts are not working, what else can I do????????

I'm trying to find a email address to Charles Rivkin the American Ambassador to France.

Can your hubby make an infopass appointment? What about a chronopost or telegram sent to the, so they have to sign for it???

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Take care.

Can your hubby make an infopass appointment? What about a chronopost or telegram sent to the, so they have to sign for it???

I have emailed embassy 4 times in 6 days, they have not responded, I called State Dept 3 times, there are no updates on a visa. I emailed USCIS Washington DC, a lady who truly helped us with our petition when it was at CSC, she was great to us, I complained of the embassy lack of communication, the way we were treated, and felt like we were being judged. Even I as a American was treated like a criminal as I told Washington DC. Asked for their assistance on communication with embassy and explained my husbands needs his passport back due to needing to return to Algerian, and that his passport is Algerian and not French or American.

So.... that is it for now, it is over? I dont know, all I know is Im broken hearted for we dont know what the future holds.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Take care.

I have emailed embassy 4 times in 6 days, they have not responded, I called State Dept 3 times, there are no updates on a visa. I emailed USCIS Washington DC, a lady who truly helped us with our petition when it was at CSC, she was great to us, I complained of the embassy lack of communication, the way we were treated, and felt like we were being judged. Even I as a American was treated like a criminal as I told Washington DC. Asked for their assistance on communication with embassy and explained my husbands needs his passport back due to needing to return to Algerian, and that his passport is Algerian and not French or American.

So.... that is it for now, it is over? I dont know, all I know is Im broken hearted for we dont know what the future holds.

don't they have temporary stamp for his passport to stay in france till this whole issue is resolve ??? can he contract embassy of france to tell them the situation i am sure they would understand b/c it is based on the hold up in the embassy,,, hope you get an answer before the expiration date,,, god pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee let this be over and let's hear the good news!!!!!

Edited by Lily1

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Take care.

don't they have temporary stamp for his passport to stay in france till this whole issue is resolve ??? can he contract embassy of france to tell them the situation i am sure they would understand b/c it is based on the hold up in the embassy,,, hope you get an answer before the expiration date,,, god pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee let this be over and let's hear the good news!!!!!

No there is nothing he can do to stay in France. France dont give a rats butt about our situation, neither does embassy.

Tomorrrow is the last day, for he has to leave or he will be there illegally, and embassy wont issue a visa if he is their illegally, I feel they held his passport just for this, not to issue a visa!!!! Easier to deny cause of a expired residency card, then finding some bull ####### on me that is not excist. Im so bitter and hateful at this minute.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Take care.

No there is nothing he can do to stay in France. France dont give a rats butt about our situation, neither does embassy.

Tomorrrow is the last day, for he has to leave or he will be there illegally, and embassy wont issue a visa if he is their illegally, I feel they held his passport just for this, not to issue a visa!!!! Easier to deny cause of a expired residency card, then finding some bull ####### on me that is not excist. Im so bitter and hateful at this minute.

Can they transfer the case to Algeria from here??? I am sooo sorry girl (((((hugs))))))

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Take care.

Can they transfer the case to Algeria from here??? I am sooo sorry girl (((((hugs))))))

I dont know what will happen, if they will send to Algiers, or USA, I dont know. They wont even answer my emails. I felt bad when I said she was the wicked witch from Wizard of Oz, but now I dont, WW in W of Oz has nothing on this heartless, judge mental, cold, cowardly, superior acting, better then you attitude, God playing witch.

She has probley just let the petition sit and collect dust since we left interview waiting for his card to expire so she can deny it. I never should of left France, I should of stayed till this weekend, I should of known better.

Its not over, I will have the last word, and Im also filing a complaint against her, and her prejudice against my husband as we both felt at interview with her caddy questions towards him, and to me about him.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Take care.

Did you verify that hun?

Beth, baby...take a breath. It might be totally out of your hands now. If he has to go back to algeria and you guys are still waiting for the AR to finish, well... we'll see what the consul says the procedure is for that situation. They should have a process for people who arent residents of France.

For instance, K visa interviews are held where the marriage took place and lots of people travel out of their resident countries to interview. He cant be the first and only person to ever have to leave the country before a visa was issued. They will have to return his passport.

Its a major pain in the @ss and you guys have yet another delay which is heartbreaking, I know. But you need to STOP thinking the worst and flipping out. Your husband needs you to be around for a while and not stroke out before he gets here :P (((((((((((((((((((((((Beth)))))))))))

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Beth,

I too feel it would have been better if you had stayed in France over this week as you would've been able to get answers.

Anyway, what is done is done. Keep calling, you're bound to get through. Meanwhile, is there anyway your husband can get either an extension on his card in France? If not, he should ask for his passport back and return to Algeria and ask for his case to be processed from there.

Don't let this beat you, girl.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Take care.

Did you verify that hun?

Beth, baby...take a breath. It might be totally out of your hands now. If he has to go back to algeria and you guys are still waiting for the AR to finish, well... we'll see what the consul says the procedure is for that situation. They should have a process for people who arent residents of France.

For instance, K visa interviews are held where the marriage took place and lots of people travel out of their resident countries to interview. He cant be the first and only person to ever have to leave the country before a visa was issued. They will have to return his passport.

Its a major pain in the @ss and you guys have yet another delay which is heartbreaking, I know. But you need to STOP thinking the worst and flipping out. Your husband needs you to be around for a while and not stroke out before he gets here :P (((((((((((((((((((((((Beth)))))))))))

Lisa Sweetie, the embassy called my husband told him the K3 is cancelled, and the CR-1 is active, they cancelled the K3 them selfs, so that is not even a option.

The questions she asked, more of the way she caddly asked them to him, Is the norm for a 37 year old man to still be in school? Asked me the same, I said, for anyone to continue their education and better them selfves, then YES .

Asked me if we "stayed " together the first time we met face to face, is that the norm she asked.

Ask me if I ever gave my husband money, I answered Yes, I have helped him just as I do anyone else in my family, I help my family when they need it. Then I told her my husband NEVER ever asked me for a dime, NEVER!!!!

She is looking for something on me that is not there, as I told embassy, yes I made a terrible mistake, and only hurt myself, nobody else, Im not a drug freak, or a child molester, or a murder, or a criminal, their looking for something on paper that does not excist, Ive had 1 ticket in my life, for NO seat belt, and got caught by a bicycle cop who rode up to me as I sat at a red light, :blush: that is the extent of a criminal past if you call that a crimimal offense.

For the past 15 years, Ive worked as a Import Specialist, a person who deals with CBP is not about to work with a criminal record, or anything related . Im a good person who truly thought I was not married, but immediatley withdrew the first petiton, and took care of the problem, my lawyer/judge, and the judge who granted the divorce knew of the terrible situation I was in, and knew it was a mistake, innocent mistake, with no mention or charges of bigamy against me, Nothing ever on paper, All declared in writting to USCIS when we filed this current petition, withheld nothing, I was told they can not deny this petition if we declare all what happened with 1st one and we did, but she is still looking for something that is not there.

She asked why he never came to US to visit me, I told her first her worked part time, and attended school, did not have enough evidence to prove he would return after visiting me, no house at the time, little money in bank, just what he earned as a producers assistant for a game show. No car, nothing to show that he would of had to return.

Then she proceed to ask him about his brothers and sisters, 3 are in school, 2 work with his father, one is married works as a hair dresser, the other is in Algerian Army Anti terrorist task team, mother is a house wife, father a electrician.

Im taking on line classes, and attending U of H in Spring to further my education in law, it that the norm? who gives a #######, education is important. Im burned out, sorry for long post, it just feels hopeless, and nobody with USCIS cares.

Love you all!!!!!!!! XOXOXO

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.