100% Al Ahly Fan

MENA Baby Names

98 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey people. I am 21 weeks pregnant with our first little girl together. Her name will most likely (Insha'Allah) be Stevie Zainab Ahmed. I always liked Stevie as a name and my husband liked it the moment I said it. It was always going to be Stevie because for a girl we couldn't decide anything else. His family will obviously call her Zainab, but we will call her Stevie. If it had been a boy we would have named him Zainul Abidin Ahmed or Zakir Ali Ahmed. My husband's name is Zaheer so we wanted to keep the Z names. But I have a daughter from a previous marriage. Her name is Maille (Molly) Nahar. I spelled her name in old Gaelic since my heritage is Irish/Scottish/Native American. I just couldn't see naming my kid Aisha or anything like that because there are like 100 Ayesha's in my husband's family alone. The one who lives in our house is the exact same age to the day as my daughter and she never stops screaming or crying and she is almost 3. It drives me nuts that her mom doesn't ever tell her no or stop her or even pay attention to her. The kid eats dirt and whitewash for God's sake. Anyhow.. the name Ayesha is supposed to symbolize peace and a calm nature. Not at all this kid. But, I saw that her father had written on a picture of her from when she was newborn "Aasiya Mehfooz" instead of Ayesha. And we believe that is part of the problem because it says in Islam that there are certain names you do not give your child and Aasiya is one of them. It means "Disobedient".

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ooh, ooh! This is a fun post! :dance:

Girl Names:

Dahlia

Leilah

Amirah (but this is also his sister's name)

Boy Names:

Omar

Kasim (variatins: Kasem, Kassem, Qassem - Egyptians pronounce "aasim") but probably won't be our choice since the kid's name would be Kasim Kasim.... :blink:

and not really sure what else I like.... need to read through for other suggestions from ya'll!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F RFE(s):

RFE Reply(s):

I-129F NOA2 :2009-10-07

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-12-15

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2010-03-11

Interview Result : Approved

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 50 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 205 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

My husband had his son's name picked out since forever. So if we ever have a boy, then he will be Yazan Raad. We were talking and wondering what we would name a girl and I was thinking he likes Yazan...what could be a girl name similar and I came up with Yazmin and he liked it right off. So for us

Boy: Yazan

Girl: Yazmin

Since I have a daughter from a previous marriage, Carina Elena, I don't think we will have more than two total. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Nadir is a very good name. My son's name is Tariq.

Sinad, yep looks like same day! It for my hubby though....not me.

Lisa, we will certainly work on making babies as soon as he gets here :whistle::innocent: although whether we actually have a baby or not is in God's hands :yes:

Anyhow c'mon folks.....baby names, I wanna hear 'em!

My daughter's name is Aminah (previous marriage) and can you believe that Ahmed's mom is also named Aminah?? :wow:

We definitely have plans to start trying right away.....insah'allah.......... i would love twins to save time :rofl:

a boy: Osama or Omar

a girl: Yasmin or Aminah (for his mom (F) )

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline
you want two daughters both named aminah?

I know it sounds silly, but my mother in law is sooooo sweet, i love her so much. my mother in law is basically my new mom, and I would love to honor her that way.

My own mother doesn't even speak to me anymore (2 years now) because I'm muslim (by my father's side of the family) and I'm remarried......imagine your own mom not wanting to speak to you or even allow you in her house anymore........but I've made peace with it for my own sanity. My father passed away 14 years ago before all of this, but i know he would NEVER treat me like that, I was a daddy's girl all the way. :star:

My father side is partly Muslim, but my father was not observant, so basically, I had to teach myself over many years about Islam and being observant. My mom took great offense to this many years ago.........but that's her choice to reject me as her daughter.........it's a great lesson of how i DON't want to treat my own children (L)(L)

I don't think the 2 Aminah's would mind, since they have different fathers. I would hope they understand my reasons (F)

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
you want two daughters both named aminah?

I know it sounds silly, but my mother in law is sooooo sweet, i love her so much. my mother in law is basically my new mom, and I would love to honor her that way.

My own mother doesn't even speak to me anymore (2 years now) because I'm muslim (by my father's side of the family) and I'm remarried......imagine your own mom not wanting to speak to you or even allow you in her house anymore........but I've made peace with it for my own sanity. My father passed away 14 years ago before all of this, but i know he would NEVER treat me like that, I was a daddy's girl all the way. :star:

My father side is partly Muslim, but my father was not observant, so basically, I had to teach myself over many years about Islam and being observant. My mom took great offense to this many years ago.........but that's her choice to reject me as her daughter.........it's a great lesson of how i DON't want to treat my own children (L)(L)

I don't think the 2 Aminah's would mind, since they have different fathers. I would hope they understand my reasons (F)

hey if its good enough for george foreman!

Definitely a fun post!!!

Insha'Allah when my husband and I have children we like the names:

boy: Ibrahim Aziz

girl: Sophia Rania

:luv:

Add me on Facebook! :c)

Our Timeline

April 4, 2009: Married in Tunisia

June 2009: USC received residence card

October 20, 2009: Submitted I-130 at embassy (Tunis, Tunisia)

October 26, 2009: Received Packet #3 in the mail

November 1, 2009: Sent back packet #3

November 13, 2009: Received email from embassy notifying of final visa appointment scheduled for November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009: Appointment for visa. Accepted with NO INTERVIEW!!!

November 24, 2009: Took visa in hand from the Embassy!

December 9, 2009- we both fly to AMERICA!!!!!!! (inshallah)

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm pregnant now...and we were going to use names that were Arabic, but also sounded like American style names :)

Girl: Kinzy Zahara...Both are Arabic. Hubby picked Kinzy, I picked Zahara for the middle name.

Later changed to Kinzy Julep (Hubby didn't like Zahara...so I said Julep instead since I'm from the south and always liked Julep as a name)

Boy: Kamran Peter...Kamran is Arabic but sounds like Cameron... and Peter is Biblical (and my hubby's name)

Later changed to Brighton Peter (Hubby kept pronouncing Kamran funny, so he said he didn't like it anymore LOL...so I said how about Brighton? It's a boys name I've always liked. As soon as hubby said it and pronounced it correctly haha, he loved it!)

So we started with Arabic names...but it changed more-so to American style names lol. I was the one that was more drawn to the Arabic names :)

And as my Profile Name shows...we found out we are having a BOY and his name is BRIGHTON PETER. Hubby's family loves the name too, but they always have a confused look when they ask me what the name means and I say it doesn't really have a meaning LOL (if you look it up, it means 'Bridge Settlement' haha). They are big on name meanings here.

event.png

Why was my post removed?!!!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi! So both my hubby and I have middle names. I am Sarah Nawal and he's Mohamed Anis (aneeeees, not #######, *sigh*)

Girl:

Kenza (but then this terrible singer used that name that that flushed it down the toilet for both of us)

Dahlia (my fave)

I also like Amal and Yosra but if we have kids, Dahlia is the winner at this point

Boy:

Anis likes Hafnaoui (his grandfather's name) but I reserve the right to veto

Malek

Talal

Walid (hubby's brother's name but one of the few I feel won't get butchered in English)

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi! So both my hubby and I have middle names. I am Sarah Nawal and he's Mohamed Anis (aneeeees, not #######, *sigh*)

Girl:

Kenza (but then this terrible singer used that name that that flushed it down the toilet for both of us)

Dahlia (my fave)

I also like Amal and Yosra but if we have kids, Dahlia is the winner at this point

Boy:

Anis likes Hafnaoui (his grandfather's name) but I reserve the right to veto

Elias

Gibreel

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

I have to lol about my prior posts in this thread from 3 years ago talking about how I didn't want a too American sounding name if my husband and I had a child. Well our daughter has a very American sounding name, Sofia. :) I chose the name, my husband chose the spelling. She does have his name, his father's name and his grandfather's name as middle names.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.