stellar8

I PASSED THE INTERVIEW..

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello my fellow VJ's. First of all I would like to say thank you KUDOS :thumbs: for all your help and support you have given me when I was still a 'babe' in this website (I still am) ahihi I really appreciate it very much. If it wasn’t for all of YOU (you know who you are) and this website it would be a hard time for me so thank you from the bottom of my hypothalamus! I've learned and discovered a lot of things here that I never thought I can accomplish :star::star::star: It's better to ask even sometimes you may sound stupid and silly but hey I'd rather be "Makulit" and be ignorant. I can say that, all the interview experiences are exactly the same from what I’ve read here once you're inside the Manila Embassy (though we have different cases and consuls) you won't be scared at all (well, not really!) you will know exactly what's going to happen, what to do, where to go and what to expect.

Last Friday, October 23rd was my interview and I was in the exact place from where you've been, maybe the one reading this right now is at the same spot from where I was seated. Isn't that amazing?! :o While I was there waiting for my name to be called or my number flash on the screen. I can imagine ALL your interview stories even the "Masungit" pre-screeners, I was thinking… hey maybe that's the one they're talking about haha.. :hehe: even the consuls.. But thanked God I have none of those wheeEeew! I wanted to tell you what happened the moment I stepped inside the Manila embassy but you already told everyone here. :thumbs: The procedures are pretty much the same. I had my interview with this young American handsome guy and it was very pleasant more like of a casual conversation and just like everyone else I was so nervous, anxious to get inside that sliding door. Once the door opened I felt my (L) dropped on the floor haha and I just wanted to disappear and be in another time, place or planet… anywhere but here :crying: I said to myself.. I felt all my insides were turned upside down. I don’t know if I was sweating or it’s just the cold air-conditioned room that makes it even colder bbbbrrrrrr! My number flashed at the end of the final interview room (I forgot the room number sorry) and to my surprise there are actually 2 consuls inside that room.. I was interviewed on the right side which is not really a good idea for the embassy to do because you can hear everything from the other side that makes it even harder to concentrate on your own interview. But hey the consul I had was handsome enough to get my attention :P haha there’s nothing he will ask that you cannot answer cause its all about YOU and your PETITIONER .. basic questions like…

Randomly…

Your name, age, birthday…

When, where, how did you meet..

Who’s your petitioner..

What does he do for a living..

Petitioner’s age, birthday..

Ask about the pictures..

When, where you got married..

How many times your petitioner visited you in Phils..

Just looking at the cards but not e-mails nor chat print outs..

I also brought with me tons of evidences though the consul didn’t really check most of the documents I gave the pre-screener (just in case they need some more proof of our relationship.. its better to be ready than regret it and be sorry just like what most VJ’s will advise you..

To make the story long, este short hehe .. I have anticipated those magic words “Your petition has been approved” the reason why I was expecting it is that I was prepared and gave them all the exact documents they required from “us”.. you really have to give those 'EXACT' documents that they’re looking for..

like…

NBI

NSO MC, BC

CENOMAR

I-134 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

PETITIONER’S EMPLOYMENT LETTER

W2’S, 1040, paystubs..

Cards, letters, e-mail, chats..

After that.. the consul will ask you to go to the releasing area.. sit down for a while.. relax.. chill.. and wait for your name to be called and not your number cause this time you won’t be needing it anymore but keep it for souvenir..

Mine was 7001… :yes:

once you heard your name, stand up or I might as well run for it hehe.. and take your “PINK SLIP” and pay AIR21 (P205)for your visa to be delivered..

So right now.. I’m just waiting for my visa to arrive so that I can be with my husband in no time :luv: .. mahal, thank you for all your support.. I love you more..

walking out of the embassy makes me wonder with a lot of things.. how many people have been there.. their own personal stories/experiences and it fascinates me.. I try to seize the moment, I want to capture every detail of it.. I was walking real slow looking around the embassy.. observing..

I took my final step out of that exit steal door that is kinda rusty and that doesn’t rotate anymore when you push it haha… (you have to make some extra effort/strength in doing so or else you’ll be stuck there forever) haha then I thank the lady guard and said goodbye…

Finally I was out of the embassy but lost for a while cause I don’t know how to get home.. going there caused me P300 for a cab I wanted to save money for the transportation and P300 is a lot for me :P hehe.. so I just keep walking asking the vendors how to get to EDSA.. so I took a jeepney going to Cubao but then it was really a “Hot Sunny Friday Morning” that’s why I transferred to an FX..

once I paid the driver I fell asleep :hehe: hahha.. then I woke up cause there’s no more passenger but me at that time.. I started to feel so tired maybe from all the 3 months preparations, stressed that it caused me.. but HEY, HEY, HEY it’s worth it I’m telling you!!

Til we meet again…

And oh.. I almost forgot..

I want to thank my CREATOR, my GOD…

(F) Lord Father God. I thank you for all the hardships I’ve been through.. it made me appreciate what I have right now because YOU taught me so well. Thank YOU for not leaving me in times of desperation. May this experience keep my feet on the same ground as I was before… Sorry, if sometimes (or most of the times) I doubted YOU :( for questioning YOU :( for not simply trusting YOU :( I’m not proud of it… I praise YOU cause YOU alone deserves the highest praise… THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH!!! I DECLARE GOOD THINGS TO COME, PROTECTION & PROSPERITY FOR YOUR KINGDOM’S SAKE & PURPOSE.. FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US HERE… LET YOUR MERCY AND LOVE (L) ENDURETH FOREVER AND EVER AMEN… I LOVE YOU!!!

Your daughter,

Stellar8

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Congrats Stellar,we're happy for your visa approved.

I thought just only me and hubby are happy on that day cuz that is our wedding anniversary.

Have a safe trip..............

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

congratulations!

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello my fellow VJ's. First of all I would like to say thank you KUDOS :thumbs: for all your help and support you have given me when I was still a 'babe' in this website (I still am) ahihi I really appreciate it very much. If it wasn’t for all of YOU (you know who you are) and this website it would be a hard time for me so thank you from the bottom of my hypothalamus! I've learned and discovered a lot of things here that I never thought I can accomplish :star::star::star: It's better to ask even sometimes you may sound stupid and silly but hey I'd rather be "Makulit" and be ignorant. I can say that, all the interview experiences are exactly the same from what I’ve read here once you're inside the Manila Embassy (though we have different cases and consuls) you won't be scared at all (well, not really!) you will know exactly what's going to happen, what to do, where to go and what to expect.

Last Friday, October 23rd was my interview and I was in the exact place from where you've been, maybe the one reading this right now is at the same spot from where I was seated. Isn't that amazing?! :o While I was there waiting for my name to be called or my number flash on the screen. I can imagine ALL your interview stories even the "Masungit" pre-screeners, I was thinking… hey maybe that's the one they're talking about haha.. :hehe: even the consuls.. But thanked God I have none of those wheeEeew! I wanted to tell you what happened the moment I stepped inside the Manila embassy but you already told everyone here. :thumbs: The procedures are pretty much the same. I had my interview with this young American handsome guy and it was very pleasant more like of a casual conversation and just like everyone else I was so nervous, anxious to get inside that sliding door. Once the door opened I felt my (L) dropped on the floor haha and I just wanted to disappear and be in another time, place or planet… anywhere but here :crying: I said to myself.. I felt all my insides were turned upside down. I don’t know if I was sweating or it’s just the cold air-conditioned room that makes it even colder bbbbrrrrrr! My number flashed at the end of the final interview room (I forgot the room number sorry) and to my surprise there are actually 2 consuls inside that room.. I was interviewed on the right side which is not really a good idea for the embassy to do because you can hear everything from the other side that makes it even harder to concentrate on your own interview. But hey the consul I had was handsome enough to get my attention :P haha there’s nothing he will ask that you cannot answer cause its all about YOU and your PETITIONER .. basic questions like…

Randomly…

Who’s your petitioner..

Ask about the pictures..

I also brought with me tons of evidences though the consul didn’t really check most of the documents I gave the pre-screener (just in case they need some more proof of our relationship.. its better to be ready than regret it and be sorry just like what most VJ’s will advise you..

To make the story long, este short hehe .. I have anticipated those magic words “Your petition has been approved” the reason why I was expecting it is that I was prepared and gave them all the exact documents they required from “us”.. you really have to give those 'EXACT' documents that they’re looking for..

like…

NBI

NSO MC, BC

CENOMAR

W2’S, 1040, paystubs..

After that.. the consul will ask you to go to the releasing area.. sit down for a while.. relax.. chill.. and wait for your name to be called and not your number cause this time you won’t be needing it anymore but keep it for souvenir..

once you heard your name, stand up or I might as well run for it hehe.. and take your “PINK SLIP” and pay AIR21 (P205)for your visa to be delivered..

So right now.. I’m just waiting for my visa to arrive so that I can be with my husband in no time :luv: .. mahal, thank you for all your support.. I love you more..

walking out of the embassy makes me wonder with a lot of things.. how many people have been there.. their own personal stories/experiences and it fascinates me.. I try to seize the moment, I want to capture every detail of it.. I was walking real slow looking around the embassy.. observing..

I took my final step out of that exit steal door that is kinda rusty and that doesn’t rotate anymore when you push it haha… (you have to make some extra effort/strength in doing so or else you’ll be stuck there forever) haha then I thank the lady guard and said goodbye…

Finally I was out of the embassy but lost for a while cause I don’t know how to get home.. going there caused me P300 for a cab I wanted to save money for the transportation and P300 is a lot for me :P hehe.. so I just keep walking asking the vendors how to get to EDSA.. so I took a jeepney going to Cubao but then it was really a “Hot Sunny Friday Morning” that’s why I transferred to an FX..

once I paid the driver I fell asleep :hehe: hahha.. then I woke up cause there’s no more passenger but me at that time.. I started to feel so tired maybe from all the 3 months preparations, stressed that it caused me.. but HEY, HEY, HEY it’s worth it I’m telling you!!

Til we meet again…

(F) Lord Father God. I thank you for all the hardships I’ve been through.. it made me appreciate what I have right now because YOU taught me so well. Thank YOU for not leaving me in times of desperation. May this experience keep my feet on the same ground as I was before… Sorry, if sometimes (or most of the times) I doubted YOU :( for questioning YOU :( for not simply trusting YOU :( I’m not proud of it… I praise YOU cause YOU alone deserves the highest praise… THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH!!! I DECLARE GOOD THINGS TO COME, PROTECTION & PROSPERITY FOR YOUR KINGDOM’S SAKE & PURPOSE.. FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US HERE… LET YOUR MERCY AND LOVE (L) ENDURETH FOREVER AND EVER AMEN… I LOVE YOU!!!

Your daughter,

Stellar8

congrats!!! God is really good...

You went through really fast, thats amazing.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATULATION!!! :thumbs: ..i will have my interview this coming month of november..and i can't kept my mind on thinking on what questions will be ask to me..but, because you told us your experience here stellar..it made me much better now..for you gave me an idea on what and how to answer the consul..i've heard about that young consul guy..i was in st. luke's having my medical exam and i talked to this lady who finished her interview from the consul..i think he's the guy she was telling..best of luck..god is always good..

Edited by diana and jason

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Randomly…

Who’s your petitioner..

Ask about the pictures..

like…

NBI

NSO MC, BC

CENOMAR

W2’S, 1040, paystubs..

Til we meet again…

Your daughter,

Stellar8

Congratulations and I am wishing you all the same in life with your husband!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the Mighty Name of Jesus..We serve a awesome God!

Mrs T D. Blake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats and good luck. :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

I am very happy for you, without even knowing you! I am so proud of you, your endurance... and the love you have for your husband. I think this is a commonality we all share on this site, myself included! In reading your post today, you have inspired me to continue to TRUST. Trust in God, first and foremost, and then believe that the love I share with my husband has been and will continue to be what brings us through. It gives me hope that some day, hopefully in the near future, I can post about triumph, celebration and victory just like you. I am at the very beginning of my journey, I am about to submit my I-130 to the USCIS and I am nervous! Please keep me in your prayers!!! I look forward to continuing to hear your story and sharing mine as well! Wish me luch, cuz here I go!!!

as1cEXYkw2B0510MTAxNjM4bHN8MDAwMjQzbHxIVVNCQU5EICYgV0lGRT0gQW1vciBFdGVybm8.gif

06/20/2009: Married to the Love of my life

11/02/2009: I-130 Package sent

11/09/2009: Application received California Service Center

11/10/2009: Check for application cashed

11/16/2009: NOA 1 received

11/19/2009: I-129F package sent

11/20/2009: Package reveived via USPS Express Mail

11/30/2009: NOA 1 received for I-129F

02/10/2010: I129F "touched" according to USCIS website

02/11/2010: I129F Approved!

02/16/2010: I129F/I130 NOA 2 Approval Hardcopies

02/25/2010: NVC received petition, case number assigned

03/12/2010: AOS/IV Fee status: PAID... onto the next hoop to jump through

03/16/2010: I-864/AOS package sent to NVC.

03/26/2010: IV Packet received by NVC, signed for by J. Desmond

04/08/2010: SIGN-IN FAILED!!! Getting closer now!

04/12/2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED! MANAGUA NICARAGUA MAY 27TH 2010!!!

05/27/2010:VISA APPROVED!!!!

06/15/2010: POE IN MIAMI, FL!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.