nicholasg

N-400

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you tried Google?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Virginia. :thumbs: my good deed for year!!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The questions are only one part of the test, they also have a reading and writing part.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It was like thirteen separate countries, each with there own government and laws, called colonies that after a bunch of political battles elected to band together to fight the British. In my opinion, a bad start for this country, after they banded together, each still maintained their own governments and laws, but became what they called states. Today we have fifty of them, again each with their own government and a different set of laws. Most are in competition with each other for major industries and a lot of tax dollars are collected to make each state the most attractive one. States get involved with such stuff like football and baseball stadiums at tax payers expense. Suppose to be good for the state. Punishment for a crime varies considerably from state to state, either can get a TV set for being naughty or electrocuted. Family life like marriage, divorce, etc., varies considerably from state to state. Still not one country, but 50 different states.

While we are all paying the same amount of money for federal fuel tax, the guy with the most power in the senate manages to bring a hunk of that money back to his state, like Kennedy building an underground freeway in Boston. We are lucky to get 50 cents of that money back to fill a pot hole. Not exactly equal. Regan sure sent a ton of money to California for Star Wars, when Bush came in, hundreds of thousands of engineers were laid off. Goes on and on.

Memorizing the 13 colonies was challenging for my wife, really doubt in a verbal test, an IO, not really experienced as a teacher would even ask that question as you can rattle off all 13 colonies verbally and difficult to remember if you said the same colony twice. But we spent more time on that answer than the other 99 combined. The majority of her six questions were based on our state, names of our governor, senators, and representatives. So memorizing the 13 colonies was essentially a waste of our time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a trick - you don't need to memorize all 13 colonies for the test - the question is to name 3 of the original 13 colonies - much easier to remember.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

The old test asked you to name all 13. It's easier if you break them into three groups.

Five ladies: Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and South Carolina

Five long names: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pensylvania, Rhode Island, Delaware

Three "new" ones: New York, New Jersey, and New Hampshire

The new test only asks you to name three, so you can pick whatever three you want to name.

Most US Citizens can't name all 13 (or maybe will accidentally add Vermont, Maine, or West Virginia in there). But everybody should know that they're basically along the east coast, where the British colonization began. OK, Pennsylvania doesn't quite touch the ocean, but the others do. If you can simply name three east coast states, you'll probably be able to answer this one well enough to pass the test. You improve your odds if you remember that Maine and Florida were not among the original 13.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

lycyrich tip is awsome, like kathryn said you dont need to momorize all of them, So what is the big deal, I just remembered Only Three "new" ones: New York, New Jersey, and New Hampshire On top of my Mind

Edited by satyam

waycool.gif

--------------------------------------------

Naturalization:

--------------------------------------------

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Bye USCIS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.