PanamaJack

Solid Evidence You met in Person

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What I did in addition to having the boarding passes and country entry exit stamps, photos and hotel recipt. I went to a notary with my fiancee and 2 witnesses and had the notary examine our Identification as we are using it it apply for the K-1 and state that we were present together on this day [while I was ther of course] in her office and applied her notary seal. Then I took it to an official translator to be translated into english... I read someone mention here somewhere that it was a solid way of proving you met in person.. Has anyone else here done this type of evidence document ?

Edited by PanamaJack

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Well that is certainly one way to show you were together - not sure how many folk do/don't do this, I'm guessing not that many do. It is certainly an arrow in your quiver. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
What I did in addition to having the boarding passes and country entry exit stamps, photos and hotel recipt. I went to a notary with my fiancee and 2 witnesses and had the notary examine our Identification as we are using it it apply for the K-1 and state that we were present together on this day [while I was ther of course] in her office and applied her notary seal. Then I took it to an official translator to be translated into english... I read someone mention here somewhere that it was a solid way of proving you met in person.. Has anyone else here done this type of evidence document ?

I've never heard of anybody going to such lengths. The boarding passes and passport stamps evidence you were in the same country. That's good enough for USCIS every time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've never heard of anybody going to such lengths. The boarding passes and passport stamps evidence you were in the same country. That's good enough for USCIS every time.

Well you have heard of it now.. I read about doing this somewhere in this forum. As I stated I do not remember where. BUT... It was sugested by a member here... It can't hurt to make the extra effort and do this .

Edited by PanamaJack

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, I wish I had thought of that 4 months ago when we were together, but we weren't talking about marriage and thinking about government bueracuracy then. Could you guys give me some advice?

I recently had my passport stolen (reported and I am in the process of getting a new one) and I don't have any boarding passes for flights to Rio. I am back in the states and she is in Brazil.

I have visited 4 different times and I have:

Credit card and bank statements that show activity in fiancee's country. No actual receipts.

Lots of pictures

Flight Itineraries

Hotel confirmations

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Our Timeline

10/22/09 - I-129F mailed

10/26/09 - Package delivery confirmed

10/26/09 - NOA 1 Date

10/27/09 - Check Cashed

10/31/09 - NOA 1 Hard copy received

1/15/10- Text message from USCIS - approved!

1/19/10 - Hard Copy NOA 2 received

~some rescheduling and a petition extension granted

6/15/10 - Visa approved in Rio

Timeline

Well, I wish I had thought of that 4 months ago when we were together, but we weren't talking about marriage and thinking about government bueracuracy then. Could you guys give me some advice?

I recently had my passport stolen (reported and I am in the process of getting a new one) and I don't have any boarding passes for flights to Rio. I am back in the states and she is in Brazil.

I have visited 4 different times and I have:

Credit card and bank statements that show activity in fiancee's country. No actual receipts.

Lots of pictures

Flight Itineraries

Hotel confirmations

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Go with everything you have along with a copy of the report your passport was stolen. I expect it will do nicely particularly since there are four visits.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well you have heard of it now.. I read about doing this somewhere in this forum. As I stated I do not remember where. BUT... It was sugested by a member here... It can't hurt to make the extra effort and do this .

That was probably me. My fiancee and I had our letters of intent notarized at the US consulate in Ho Chi Minh City. For us, it wasn't an unreasonable thing to do. We were there, we had the letters with us, and it only took about 15 minutes to go into US citizen services and have our signatures notarized. We didn't need to make any special trips, or draw up any special documents, or have anything translated. We just signed our letters of intent in front the consular officer, he stamped and signed them, we paid and left.

The letters of intent don't need to be notarized. They were just a convenient place to get a stamp and signature from a consular officer. The contents of the document they are notarizing are not important. The fact is that a US government witness confirmed me and my fiancee were in the same room at the same time.

Of course, we submitted all of the 'regular' evidence, like boarding passes, stamped passport pages, photos, etc. The notary stamps were just a "clincher".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My fiance and I had our letters of intent notarized too. (And we did it because of Jim's great advice!) We didn't have boarding passes because we met in the States where I was a student, and we didn't travel out of state or stayed at hotels when we traveled in state.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency

07/09/2017 - filed N400 online

07/10/2017 - NOA

08/03/2017 - biometrics done

02/20/2018 - interview & oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You'll be fine. Sounds like you did your homework. Only other thing I can think that you may want to do is take a picture together with the front page of a news paper, but it sounds like you already have more than enough evidence.

Best of luck!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

You'll be fine. Sounds like you did your homework. Only other thing I can think that you may want to do is take a picture together with the front page of a news paper, but it sounds like you already have more than enough evidence.

Best of luck!

I've heard this recommended before. I've also heard it recommended that you should include photos in front of famous local landmarks. In the age of PhotoShop, I think that USCIS would give a photo like that just as much weight as they do any other photo. I wouldn't include a photo like this at the consulate stage, at least not in a high fraud country. If they accept that the photo is legitimate (they probably would), it still would look staged. Posed photos are often not very useful in proving a relationship, especially if they look like they should be accompanied by a ransom note. On the other hand, if you were at any large family gatherings where it would have been difficult to get everyone in the frame at the same time, then it would be helpful to have some random shots of groups of people, and maybe a single "portrait" style of the whole family. Again, I'm talking about the consulate and not USCIS.

For the petition, it's best to depend on your primary evidence (boarding passes, visa stamps, hotel receipts, etc.) to establish a time frame when you and your fiancee were together, and the fact that you actually traveled to her country. The photos just need to demonstrate that you were actually together during the trip. Since the hardest part is actually going there, USCIS is likely to accept any evidence you were together if you can prove you were both in the same country at the time you claim to have been.

Just for giggles, I made a 'shopped' a photo of myself and Phuong standing in the crow's nest of the flag tower at the Citadel in Hue City. It looks very convincing, but of course it's a fake - visitors aren't allowed to climb the flag tower at the Citadel. I didn't even take the photo of the flag tower - I got it from the internet. Also, the clips of myself and Phuong were taken from two different photos which WERE taken with my camera. Obviously, I wouldn't dream of including such a photo with our evidence. I was just having some fun to amuse Phuong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What if i do not have the boarding passes from my first trip???? I do have the Visa stamps in my passport and LOT of pictures of US together at obvious HCMC landmarks. Will that be suffient as proof of arrival in Vietnam??? :unsure:

Edited by gthuffines

Timeline

What if i do not have the boarding passes from my first trip???? I do have the Visa stamps in my passport and LOT of pictures of US together at obvious HCMC landmarks. Will that be suffient as proof of arrival in Vietnam??? :unsure:

The visa stamps are sufficient primary evidence of meeting. USCIS is not looking for an abundance of redundant evidence, just sufficient to conclud you were actually together in the past two years. It's best to concern yourself with evidence of a bona fide relationship and addressing any red flags associated with how you met etc. The bona fides are the larger hurdle that impacts your ultimate succuss. Evidence of meeting is a small but absolutely required step in getting the petition approved. Petition approval is the easy part.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Best of luck!

I've heard this recommended before. I've also heard it recommended that you should include photos in front of famous local landmarks. In the age of PhotoShop, I think that USCIS would give a photo like that just as much weight as they do any other photo. I wouldn't include a photo like this at the consulate stage, at least not in a high fraud country. If they accept that the photo is legitimate (they probably would), it still would look staged. Posed photos are often not very useful in proving a relationship, especially if they look like they should be accompanied by a ransom note. On the other hand, if you were at any large family gatherings where it would have been difficult to get everyone in the frame at the same time, then it would be helpful to have some random shots of groups of people, and maybe a single "portrait" style of the whole family. Again, I'm talking about the consulate and not USCIS.

For the petition, it's best to depend on your primary evidence (boarding passes, visa stamps, hotel receipts, etc.) to establish a time frame when you and your fiancee were together, and the fact that you actually traveled to her country. The photos just need to demonstrate that you were actually together during the trip. Since the hardest part is actually going there, USCIS is likely to accept any evidence you were together if you can prove you were both in the same country at the time you claim to have been.

Just for giggles, I made a 'shopped' a photo of myself and Phuong standing in the crow's nest of the flag tower at the Citadel in Hue City. It looks very convincing, but of course it's a fake - visitors aren't allowed to climb the flag tower at the Citadel. I didn't even take the photo of the flag tower - I got it from the internet. Also, the clips of myself and Phuong were taken from two different photos which WERE taken with my camera. Obviously, I wouldn't dream of including such a photo with our evidence. I was just having some fun to amuse Phuong.

I can understand your point. I included a pic with Janna and I holding the front page of the news paper in my petition. The only reason I suggest this is that this is a form of proof for some insurance claims and also accepted evidence in some court cases. Of course with the petition I sent photos of Janna with myself and family and friends as well as ones I thought showed a loving relationship. But of course you are correct, in the age of photoshop this could look staged to the consul especially in high fraud countries. I was just making more of a reference to USCIS for the petition to clear, but the consul does see the evidence that was originally submitted to USCIS.

And of course photos are just secondary forms of evidence. The boarding passes, itineraries, I-94's, receipts of travel, Visas, Stamps on passport, etc..

will be the most convincing.

Honestly, I think the OP has more than enough evidence and should not have a problem with the USCIS as far as establishing the point that they have met in the last 2 years.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

If you got a single entry visa then the visa sticker should have a "HET GIA TRI - USED" stamp on it, and the opposing page should have the entry and exit rubber stamps. Make sure you include copies of both pages - the visa sticker page, and the entry/exit stamp page. The visa sticker has valid dates on it, but the entry/exit stamps show the dates you actually entered and left the country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.