kike

AP NVC

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just called NVC right now and they got my case yesterday and they also provided me with the KEV#; However, the bad news is that my case was selected for AP. How long is that???. This people did not want to give me anymore information as to why my cas was selected and how long it was going to take.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Usually a month or so. Look in the NVC Forums for the pinned AP topic.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate post removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I just called NVC right now and they got my case yesterday and they also provided me with the KEV#; However, the bad news is that my case was selected for AP. How long is that???. This people did not want to give me anymore information as to why my cas was selected and how long it was going to take.

It really depends on if it is additional processing or administrative processing. I think everybody goes through this some longer then others. I called and they told me the same thing. You will get out of it eventually. Don't worry about it.

Star

Timeline

It really depends on if it is additional processing or administrative processing. I think everybody goes through this some longer then others. I called and they told me the same thing. You will get out of it eventually. Don't worry about it.

Star

At NVC they call them both the same.. They say AP and depending upon who you talk to at NVC they will say AP means both additional and administrative.. n a nutshell the CSR does not really know...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Ours took almost 2 months...check out our timeline. Some cases take less time...

Good luck. :thumbs:

Joe

Edited by Joe & Nadya

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are 2 types of AP. ALL files when they first arrive to the NVC go to AP. They have to get the file ready for the embassy. I read a lot on here about AP and got so upset when I called and found out my file was in AP and then 3 days later it was sent to the embassy. I finally found on VJ where someone had written that term is used by the NVC to mean 2 different things. Don't panic yet...It may not mean anything and your file may be sent onto the embassy very soon

At least you know it did not get lost or sent to wrong location!! NVC has about same info as USCIS (its done when they say it is) This whole process is the pits! Though I hear it ends some day!! :thumbs:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The shortest I am personally aware of is 10 days. The longest I am personnally aware of is about 8 weeks, these are for other US/Ukraine couples. I am aware of some taking years, but the beneficiary is not in Ukraine and it makes a difference.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
There are 2 types of AP. ALL files when they first arrive to the NVC go to AP. They have to get the file ready for the embassy. I read a lot on here about AP and got so upset when I called and found out my file was in AP and then 3 days later it was sent to the embassy. I finally found on VJ where someone had written that term is used by the NVC to mean 2 different things. Don't panic yet...It may not mean anything and your file may be sent onto the embassy very soon

Correction. The shortest I am personnally aware of is 3 days. :lol: But it was for a beneficiary from UK.

There really is only ONE meaning of AP as it applies to a petitioner. The operators at NVC are no better trained than the operators at USCIS and I am trying to confirm my suspicion that they are one in the same! 3 days would hardly qualify as AP for the purpose of additional background checks. It is NORMAL for NVC to have the file for a week or so.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

41 days for me..... but most are 5 days or less.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : Thanks to VJ NONE!!!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-24

NVC Received : 2009-08-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-06 41 days of AP at NVC

Consulate Received : 2009-10-08

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-11-10

Visa Received : 2009-11-17

US Entry : 2009-11-21

Marriage : 2009-12-18 Married!!!!!!

Comments : INTERVIEW PASSED!!!!!!!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 139 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

if it takes longer than a week to get out of NVC.. expect it to take about a month based on those that have been approved in the past few weeks... it sux and there is not much if anything that can get it through any faster..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm not sure what AP really means or what is involved at NVC during these 'additional processing' days. My petition has been in AP since August 26, I've received two notices that my petition would be forwarded to the appropriate embassy within one week, but it hasn't happened yet. Worse still, this is my second K-1 petition for the same fiancee so there should be no 'additional processing or administrative processing' because nothing has changed since the first petition was approved in 2008. However, in 2008, my petition was 'lost or misplaced' for 60 days after I received my NOA2; neither USCIS nor NVC could find it during these 60 days. Finally, it was located at USCIS, a new validity date was assigned and it was forwarded to NVC. Then, NVC sent it immediately to the Moscow embassy.

My opinion about AP at NVC, and it's only a guess, is that NVC does a lot of the preparation work that the embassy would normally do. Also, I suspect that the NVC serves as a que for the embassies. I think it's a good guess because many petitions for certain countries (embassies) end up in AP...again, simply waiting upon the respective embassy to clear their calendar to schedule more interviews. Of course, for certain countries which have a history of ties to terrorism or immigration fraud, etc., the NVC is more likely to do more and very thorough data bank checks, name checks, criminal checks, ties to terrorism checks, etc.--and that's understandable. For countries such as Ukraine and Russia, I simply don't understand why so many petitions go to AP unless it is done for the benefit of the embassies (que).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.