Peachey

Montreal taking so long

175 posts in this topic

Ok, so you may or may not have read that I called DOSlow this morning and they were closed.

Well Varba just called and apparently the reason they were closed is because they were having a staff meeting about the consulate in Montreal.

Apparently the consulate is VERY understaffed. A lot of people quit over the summer or just stopped coming in to work. They are currently backlogged 4 months and are trying their best to push everyone though.

I hope this helps alleviate any concerns.

They also told Varba I should be right on the edge of getting my interview date :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, so you may or may not have read that I called DOSlow this morning and they were closed.

Well Varba just called and apparently the reason they were closed is because they were having a staff meeting about the consulate in Montreal.

Apparently the consulate is VERY understaffed. A lot of people quit over the summer or just stopped coming in to work. They are currently backlogged 4 months and are trying their best to push everyone though.

They also told Varba I should be right on the edge of getting my interview date :)

This fully explains the situation that I'm in. 7 weeks waiting after evidence for domicile was sent - typically it take about 4.

I hope they hire and train more people.

I mean, we probably wouldn't see results for it by the end of the year, but for future people's sake.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I guess that explains things. It seems like interviews started slowing down in July and have become worse over time. They really ought to start using other consulates in Canada for interviews like they used to in order to speed things along. At least they're trying to find a solution!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess that explains things. It seems like interviews started slowing down in July and have become worse over time. They really ought to start using other consulates in Canada for interviews like they used to in order to speed things along. At least they're trying to find a solution!

I agree! Oh, how I would love to have my interview in Calgary as opposed to Vancouver ...

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Timeline

Okay, I guess that makes sense and for future peoples' sake I hope they get it together.

BUT... it's not like it's freaking Burger King where people quit/ stop coming in and well, they just sluff off and burgers don't get made! It's the freaking US consulate...

Anyway... thanks for sharing your info...

:D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Interesting info you got there Peachy, it's not surprising they are understaffed, I kind of assumed that, what is interesting is that they gave you the other info!

If you think about it, it's kind of silly to have all of certain types of visas interviewing at Montreal, not just because it's annoying for Canadians to travel all that way, but also because they have no back up plan.

If a bunch of people quit or were transferred etc etc - they have no back up, the waiting list just keeps getting longer and longer. It's really no way to run anything.

Unless they nominate another consulate for interviews I can't see the backlog disappearing anytime soon - unless of course they can drag some people from other posts, which is entirely possible I suppose.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh boy, not good news. I wonder how that will affect my getting my visa back. If I don't get it in the next 30 days I'll have to send a change address and that will further delay things. This is one more thing that makes life interesting.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh man that so sucks :( Its like we are all being punished for something that we have no control over. I really hope this situation is fixed bec my fiance and I estimated we would get our interview by this month but the NVC people said it would be at least Dec when we will HEAR of our interview date. This is really depressing me :(

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Yep -- depressing is the exact right word. And on that lovely note -- I would expect that since they are disseminating such news that A. It is true and B. Now they have an official excuse for being so behind and this is another way of saying, Tough #######, Canadians -- suck it up.

IMHO....

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I wonder how many people just work there, like in adminstrative processing type jobs that are Canadians and how many Americans actually work there.

I'm guessing they must have some sort of management/operations problem if so many people are quitting like that in this economy.

If they are having a meeting about it, it seems they are trying to fix the issue, but government agencies aren't exactly efficient and speedy when it comes to these types of issues...

I hope they speed things up soon for the benefit of everyone waiting!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Honestly, at this point I don't care WHERE it is, just give me one and I'll be happy.

K1's are supposed to be the fast immigration method.

As it is, I guess I'll have enough time to build a mini death star and fly it to our frickin interview. At least I'll have my revenge!

Wait... that was just my dream. #######.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

I wouldn't like to do their job, that's for sure. If you're working the visa section, I would imagine that you would have to do the same thing over and over and over again. Who would want to go into work knowing that everyone sitting in the waiting room is big time on edge?

I was surprised when I found out that it was just Montreal that did my type of visa issuance. It would make a heck of a lot more sense to have the Toronto consulate and even the embassy in Ottawa do this as well. For those out west, it sure gets pricey when there's an interview in Montreal when you're living in Moose Jaw or Canmore.

Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton would be some other choices I would make as the Interview Czar or whatever they're calling themselves now. And I'd take pains not to have anyone get interviewed in Winni"stab."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.