Peachey

Montreal taking so long

175 posts in this topic

She could have also just checked her email at 9:30...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

maybe i'm the only one who feels kind of bad for the people working there. it's pretty much a thankless job.

i mean, don't get me wrong. i'd REAAALLLLY like grant to get his visa asap, but when you deal with bureaucracy you can be certain to be disappointed everytime.

and any time i write to montreal they've always been really nice and calming to me

(especially when i was freaking out the time g got turned away from the border & forgot to put it on the paperwork).

they're just doing their job under pressure and with even less help. so i feel for them.

except for that angry lady. up hers! B)

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel sorry for anyone who works anywhere with poor management.

I don't really think the consulate employees have a thankless job, they have a much better job than most people I should think. I am 100% sure they are paid well, they aren't digging ditches, they have job security and we must remember - they chose their job. :)

I don't feel sorry for them at all. I've worked many thankless jobs, for less money than they're making right now, I'm sure. People's LIVES and entire futures are dependent on what they do... if they do a good job I'm sure they get thanked, and it's nice that they remain charming and all... but i really doubt their jobs are all that hard, let's face it. Clearly they're not worried about sticking with 'deadlines', and a fast pace.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Having family members (wifes side) that have worked in USA consulates throughout the world (not canada) maybe I have a better idea on what they go through! Depending on where they have worked they have been forced to work 6 days a week, but only get paid for 5!! No Overtime!! Yes, by the books they should be getting paid OT!! And the pay isnt that super!! One can go look up the GS pay rates, its no secret. have a friend that a foreign service officer that leaves for iraq soon for 1 year. She has been told she will be working 6 days a week, and just get her regular salary, again no OT!! of course all the hazard pay is nice, but it is exactly that, hazard pay! Its easy to sit and criticize people when you have no clue on what they do. I'm sure 99% of the workers work their butt off, but like in any job, there are people that are sub standard.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline
I hope they hire and train more people.

I mean, we probably wouldn't see results for it by the end of the year, but for future people's sake.

I cant beleive this consualt ! why is the only consualt who doesn't give u the appointment date with the package 3!! all US consualt do that , is it true the appointment will take 4 to 6 months? i cant beleive it ! i mean this is my dam lady ! after all we have to wait other months !!!!

Filed: Timeline
I don't feel sorry for them at all. I've worked many thankless jobs, for less money than they're making right now, I'm sure. People's LIVES and entire futures are dependent on what they do... if they do a good job I'm sure they get thanked, and it's nice that they remain charming and all... but i really doubt their jobs are all that hard, let's face it. Clearly they're not worried about sticking with 'deadlines', and a fast pace.

is it true the appointment date might take 4 to 6 months?

There's no need getting angry over it.

We're all unhappy, but getting angry will just make you feel worse.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I though this thread was going to be about people making up funny reasons why Montreal is so slow... :(

But really, I wouldn't mind working at the consulate, not at all! Anyone who's ever worked a job where dealing with members of the public on a daily basis is a big part of the job description knows that people can be irrational, crazy, on edge and all out angry no matter what the day is or what the situation is. On the other hand, people can be really pleasant, encouraging, and make your job feel rewarding. There would be difficulties dealing with unprepared and unruly people, sure, but there would also be many situations where you would get to tell someone they are now free to resume their lives with their loved ones. Wouldn't that be something great? I think so. In many situations people are only upset during the interview process because someone behind the glass or in the interview room is making their lives more difficult then it needs to be. Just my two cents.

I feel badly for those of you waiting for your interview date in Montreal. I feel better to know that they're meeting to find out how to resolve this problem. Something is going on if they are having that many staffing problems. Hopefully they will find out how to retain their staff and keep their employees happy. It's always easy to blame "faceless" people that work for the Government. Having worked my entire career with the government, I know that we're always understaffed, and that most people are honored to work for the government, and want to do a good job.

carlahmsb4.gif

I feel badly for those of you waiting for your interview date in Montreal. I feel better to know that they're meeting to find out how to resolve this problem. Something is going on if they are having that many staffing problems. Hopefully they will find out how to retain their staff and keep their employees happy. It's always easy to blame "faceless" people that work for the Government. Having worked my entire career with the government, I know that we're always understaffed, and that most people are honored to work for the government, and want to do a good job.

It's always frustrating that the people who really do WANT to do a good job, and want to help people are the ones with their hands tied and can't do anything about it. Being understaffed is not the blame of the people at the front lines who are dealing with us, their direct 'customers' if you want to call it that. But they can't be the ones to do anything to help the problem. I imagine it IS really frustrating for them, however, I still think they probably have a cushy job, especially those in administrative positions, and probably aren't worrying about losing their jobs... but that's just me. :lol:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't think of a good reason for the government being under-staffed. It's the government.

Look at all the money flowing in from all these applications.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

There should be a hi-I'm-a-newbie-and-full-of-anger forum. lol

Haha, I concur. I'm trying my best not to be rude :P

So Huggles, funny reasons why Montreal is so slow? A bunch of them ate bad poutine and had to take time off (man, i'm bad a jokes)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.