Rosie and David

Denial after getting married in the States

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Please don't talk about things you don't have the facts on. We're the couple from the story, we did not apply for citizenship like Dave & Rosie wrote. We only applied for a work visa and a change of status. I do know what I'm doing having used visa journey to help fill out our forms.

Well, people are commenting on what the story says... not our fault if the reporter is an idiot and did not get the facts straight. One would need to be a real idiot to apply for citizenship and a work visa once coming in with a K-1. Chillax.

So as we are here not talking about people we do know how can YOU the person in the story let a story like this run?

And Who is the couple on the story too many quotes on quotes to get the jit. please elaborate then, so if it was a work visa then why would you have used Visa Joureny? Or was it a work visa and trying to do AOS? If you are married to a USC citizen the USCIS forgives ALOT that is for sure, unless you have a mojor crime in your past. So Please give us "the rest of the story"

WHy would you let them run a story like this??

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Please don't talk about things you don't have the facts on. We're the couple from the story, we did not apply for citizenship like Dave & Rosie wrote. We only applied for a work visa and a change of status. I do know what I'm doing having used visa journey to help fill out our forms.

You can't have applied for a work visa, because that is not what you were required to do. You applied for Employment Authorization...i.e. you filled out the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization. A visa is an authorization granted to a foreigner to travel to the country that issues said authorization. A visa is applied for while outside said country, and it is used for entry.

We're not familiar with the particulars of your case, but a denial such as the one reported in this story would only be triggered if you were found 'ineligible' for the benefits you applied for, if you were scheduled for an interview and did not show or if you did not respond to a request for further evidence. They do not summarily issue denials. You should have received something else in the mail, before the denial.

When you initially applied, did you receive an I-797 NOA, telling you that USCIS is in receipt of your application and will process it? Your case number would have been on it. Or, if you did not receive this, how long did you wait before this letter of denial was sent out to you? Did you contact USCIS at all, while you were waiting to see what was hapenning?

The news story is really broad, and is filled with misinformation....not much to go by in trying to maybe figure out why you were denied. Have you contacted an attorney for assistance?

I'm sorry you're going through this, but it may still be possible to sort things out. First you would need to know why you were denied, and definitely get some legal assistance. The denial may be appealed yet....but you do need to act fast.

Good luck-

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

BearCat,

I read that you were asking back in April how long you had to Adjust your status... If you have only recently applied then I think that MAYBE (not nearly an expert) you were now here illegally.. is that possible? This is from the USCIS website

Application Process

If you entered the United States as a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-1), child of a fiancée of a U.S. citizen (K-2), or the spouse or child of a U.S. citizen (K-3 or K-4) you will have to file for adjustment of status in order to get your green card and to remain legally in the United States.

To obtain a green card, you need to file Form I-485.

If You are Present in the United States as a K-1 Fiance(e)

You should apply for adjustment as soon as you marry your fiancé(e). By law and regulations, you are required to marry the U.S. citizen who petitioned for you within 90 days of your admission to the United States in K-1 status. If you fail to marry, you will become removable from the United States and cannot adjust through any other means.

Is this the situation? Please see an immigration attorney as soon as possible. I wish you all the luck so that you and your husband are not separated or at the very least not long.. I am sorry you are going through this.

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/06/2009 Touched again :)

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

11/10/2009 NVC Sent to Napoli

11/12/2009 Napoli signed for the package

11/19/2009 Packet 3 received... and submitted

12/10/2009 INTERVIEW Napoli, Italy

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

12/23/2009 Trip to Italy for Christmas!

01/24/2010 POE Washington Dulles.. My baby's home!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Since you state the information in the article about you is wrong please enlighten us as to the facts.

What forms did you file for what purpose and why were they denied.

The denial letter gives a reason, it does not just say denied.

I don't know who it was that posted the article on VJ but why post something that is so incorrect and ask for sympathy.

And did you contact the person who wrote the article and ask for a correction? Other ppl reading this, from the comments on the article, know that filing for a work visa and citizenship after you arrive here is incorrect and are thinking badly of you also.

I would request a correction.

You must know the reason for the denial and I think you don't want to post the real reason here nor did you want to give it to the journalist. There is a lot more to this story that we don't know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm not asking for sympathy and don't want any. What Rosie and Dave put on here was only part of an interview that aired on tv.

BearCat,

I read that you were asking back in April how long you had to Adjust your status... If you have only recently applied then I think that MAYBE (not nearly an expert) you were now here illegally.. is that possible? This is from the USCIS website

Application Process

If you entered the United States as a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-1), child of a fiancée of a U.S. citizen (K-2), or the spouse or child of a U.S. citizen (K-3 or K-4) you will have to file for adjustment of status in order to get your green card and to remain legally in the United States.

To obtain a green card, you need to file Form I-485.

If You are Present in the United States as a K-1 Fiance(e)

You should apply for adjustment as soon as you marry your fiancé(e). By law and regulations, you are required to marry the U.S. citizen who petitioned for you within 90 days of your admission to the United States in K-1 status. If you fail to marry, you will become removable from the United States and cannot adjust through any other means.

Is this the situation? Please see an immigration attorney as soon as possible. I wish you all the luck so that you and your husband are not separated or at the very least not long.. I am sorry you are going through this.

Filed: Timeline
I'm not asking for sympathy and don't want any. What Rosie and Dave put on here was only part of an interview that aired on tv.

... and with that attitude you will not get any help, either.

Tell the reason for the denial, and maybe someone can give you some pointers. OR sit in your pity pot and accomplish nothing.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think by Citz they prob meant aos, because I really doubt he would file N-400 and read the part where it says how much the check needs to be and where to send it but skip over the whole "3 years as a pr... 5 years if not married.... ect ect" The reporter doesn't give enough info but if we assume that citz should be aos the work card (ead) makes since. But they didn't mention an interview either..... But it is also possible she came here on a K1 and they tried to get an ead and citz at the same time and of course got turned down. But no matter how you look at it things don't add up. Even if we assume that they did everything right with the I-485 and ead to get a letter telling you to leave without even so much as an interview is something I have never heard of..... On another note, did anyone hear the story about a doctor in Tampa? From what I read in the newspaper he came here to do aos from mexico and he, his wife, and his lawyer went in for the aos interview and they handcuffed him and sent him to a holding area to be deported... I never found out why though, I mean he was a doctor, came her legally, did the paper work right, the only thing I can think of is that he maybe wasn't allowed to work as a doctor in the u.s. but that is the only thing I could think of but I have no idea of he was allowed or not.

Edited by freetv

Perhaps one thing that made everything went wrong was, she entered in the US by Tourist Visa and not Fiance Visa. :unsure:

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Perhaps one thing that made everything went wrong was, she entered in the US by Tourist Visa and not Fiance Visa. :unsure:

That's what I'm thinking...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.