loving_gabriela

What do you think about this RFE regarding I-864??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there folks. I will try to explain this as best i can. I filled out my I-864 (Aff of support) form and sent 3 past years tax returns as evidence along with a letter from employer stating my type of work, wages and years of service. I just got a RFE notice regarding I-864 saying that i need to complete page 5. My problem here is that page 5 clearly states that if your income(total) for the household size exceeds the federal guidelines you are not required to complete this part. Skip to part 8. We are a household of two so our poverty line should be about $18,000. I have made over $30,000 the past 5 yrs or more. And i included all that info so i did not complete page 5 per the instructions. I tried to call USCIS but as alot of you here already know that was a waste of time. Only answer i got was that i have 84 days to return the info they are requesting. In my opinion it was sent already. So, my question is how do i handle this? I know some of you will simply say just fill the page but it is not that simple. I rent and don't exactly own much in the way of assets. My income is what makes me qualify and like i said, i already provided that info. Help? Suggestions? Kind words? Thanks in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It seems that the question is regarding current (2009) income. Will your 2009 income meet the income requirements ($18,212) as well?

Did you send recent paystubs as well to go along with the employer letter?

Have you submitted an I-864 for anyone else in the past several years? This may increase the household count number.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

They want you to fill out Page 5. If your earnings are sufficient, even though you have no other assets, that's OK. Not so many applicants have their own homes, investments etc.

Do as they say and complete page 5 even if you have Zero assets. You must have some.

Yeah it says in Caps no need but do it anyway

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

this may sound stupid, but on ours we entered 0 on every line for the assets section, if you left them blank, maybe that is the problem...???? just a guess

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

sometimes they mess up , thats what happened to me they sent me first ref asking for the newer version of the form I-864 A because they say i submitted an old version ,

funny thing that i never submitted this form ,

i responded explaining this ,

now they sent again asking for proof of citizenship of the cosponsor

Filed: Timeline
Do as they say and complete page 5 even if you have Zero assets. You must have some.

Yeah it says in Caps no need but do it anyway

You should put " 0 " on assets if your income is more than 18000 a year. that question is probably if you don't make enough money for this moment to show that you have something. if your income 30000 a year you don't put anything.we didn't put anything and didn't get RFE. Does anybody know when RFE usually comes if it should come?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all your responses. Yes my income is over the required $18,000 for this year as well. I will just fill in zeros on page 5 or put n/a i guess. Like i stated earlier my income is what supposedly makes me qualify. Just to point out page 5 only asks for additional assets if you were under poverty guidelines. i am well over that and sent the proof with the original docs and to answer a earlier question...no i have never filed for this before. Thanks again for all the responses so far. As we all know this process can be a stressful one and it makes it worse when you file forms and follow directions properly just to send it to someone who doesn't seem to be able to comprehend those same instructions. I was not asked to send additional paystubs or supporting evidence. That is why i was confused. Anyway thanks again and any other suggestions or comments are welcome.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The paystubs are a pretty typical submission. Send along a few of those as well. Can't hurt!?!?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 8 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this is an older topic, but we just received the same RFE and I wondered if just putting in zeros or N/A worked. I'm also using just my income to qualify and sent my last 3 tax returns, 6 months of paychecks, and an employment letter all showing I make over the poverty level. Any other suggestions would be appreciated too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.