eljefe1957

Deceived,Horror story of marring a foriegn wife

40 posts in this topic

Greeting all,

Actually looking for some feedback for a very good friend of mine (no, it true, it's no my situation).

He married a Dominican woman who in the end as:

1. Shown ill intent for the marrage

2. Maltreated him for the total time she's been here (just shy of 2 years)

3. Devasted his finances

4. Recently became pregant by another man in the Domincan Republic while visiting her family

Sooooo, can he stop her from receiving her 10yr card? If so how? Obviously, divorce is warrented. But I don't believe that in and of itself will do anything to stop the residency process. Additionally, this child will be born before her current card expires.

This is the nighmare that alot of us have heard about, being totally decieved upfront and then to face the hell and disgrace of the aftermath.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Dan

Life is short and it's not getting any longer!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That story sounds a lot like a horror story of marrying an American woman!

uh- but not the American women of VJ. :innocent:

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Timeline
Greeting all,

Actually looking for some feedback for a very good friend of mine (no, it true, it's no my situation).

3. Devasted his finances

4. Recently became pregant by another man in the Domincan Republic while visiting her family

Sooooo, can he stop her from receiving her 10yr card? If so how? Obviously, divorce is warrented. But I don't believe that in and of itself will do anything to stop the residency process. Additionally, this child will be born before her current card expires.

This is the nighmare that alot of us have heard about, being totally decieved upfront and then to face the hell and disgrace of the aftermath.

Dan

Don't file for R.O.C. Don't show up for the interview. Don't comingle assets. Don't divorce her yet. Wait for removal proceedings, and divorce her once she has been repatriated.

Yeah, your right there!

Thanks

Greeting all,

3. Devasted his finances

Dan

Don't file for R.O.C. Don't show up for the interview. Don't comingle assets. Don't divorce her yet. Wait for removal proceedings, and divorce her once she has been repatriated.

:thumbs:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

ownedk.jpg

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Greeting all,

3. Devasted his finances

Dan

Is he sure she is not an American woman pretending to be Dominican so an American would marry her? :lol:

It seems in these situations that the American always seeks to revoke the green card. I think this is a silly waste of time and emotion. He entered this with good intent (I will presume) and now wants a divorce. And has good cause for a divorce. OK, get a divorce. Her future living arrangements and those of the child are none of his concern. Ny guess is she may go back where she came to the father of the child. Maybe. Maybe not. But I just don't see where it is an issue. (Sure there is the I-864 thing, but he knew that going in) Get a divorce and go on with life.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Greeting all,

3. Devasted his finances

Dan

Is he sure she is not an American woman pretending to be Dominican so an American would marry her? :lol:

It seems in these situations that the American always seeks to revoke the green card. I think this is a silly waste of time and emotion. He entered this with good intent (I will presume) and now wants a divorce. And has good cause for a divorce. OK, get a divorce. Her future living arrangements and those of the child are none of his concern. Ny guess is she may go back where she came to the father of the child. Maybe. Maybe not. But I just don't see where it is an issue. (Sure there is the I-864 thing, but he knew that going in) Get a divorce and go on with life.

I believe it is the threat of her being on welfare/medicaid and the associated possibility of the goverment wanting him to repay those services provided which is why witholding her residency is key. Ultimately, one must move on, that is for sure. Thanks for your comment.

Moving thread from Off Topic to Effects of Major Changes forum.

Write a nice long letter to USCIS and notify them of her fraud, and notify them that you no longer want to support her being here.

That should do the trick. You better hope she isn't one of those shady women who come here and file VAWA as their last option, even if she was never abused. People lie.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Moving thread from Off Topic to Effects of Major Changes forum.

Write a nice long letter to USCIS and notify them of her fraud, and notify them that you no longer want to support her being here.

That should do the trick. You better hope she isn't one of those shady women who come here and file VAWA as their last option, even if she was never abused. People lie.

I wonder if the misspelling of "marrying" in the thread title is Freudian. Marring certainly has a different meaning.

I believe it is the threat of her being on welfare/medicaid and the associated possibility of the goverment wanting him to repay those services provided which is why witholding her residency is key. Ultimately, one must move on, that is for sure. Thanks for your comment.

Divorced or not, he is on the hook for 10 years. He signed the Affidavit of Support; which is a contract between him and the US Government. And divorce does not make it null.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, the only solution for him is to send a letter to USCIS indicating that the HE IS NOT INTERESTED ON DOING ANY PETITION FOR THE PERSON, HE WANT TO ABANDON THE PETITION FOR THE PERSON, AND THAT IS IT. The thing is that is not enough that HE does not show up to the interview with here is not enough, because she can show that he abandoned her. The only way of really bother her is that your friend needs to write a letter where it is stated clearly that he wants to abandon the petition, but HE HAS TO DO THIS EXACTLY OR ELSE SHE CAN WIN THE CASE USING ANY TRICK. I REPEAT YOU, HE HAS TO WRITE A CLEAR LETTER TO USCIS WHERE HE ABANDON THE PETITION AND HE STATES THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO REQUEST ANY BENEFIT FOR HER WIFE TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY. Thanks and bye,

Hello, the only solution for him is to send a letter to USCIS indicating that the HE IS NOT INTERESTED ON DOING ANY PETITION FOR THE PERSON, HE WANT TO ABANDON THE PETITION FOR THE PERSON, AND THAT IS IT. The thing is that is not enough that HE does not show up to the interview with here is not enough, because she can show that he abandoned her. The only way of really bother her is that your friend needs to write a letter where it is stated clearly that he wants to abandon the petition, but HE HAS TO DO THIS EXACTLY OR ELSE SHE CAN WIN THE CASE USING ANY TRICK. I REPEAT YOU, HE HAS TO WRITE A CLEAR LETTER TO USCIS WHERE HE ABANDON THE PETITION AND HE STATES THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO REQUEST ANY BENEFIT FOR HER WIFE TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY. Thanks and bye,

WRONG. His wife is already here, already a permanent resident. So there is no "petition to abandon". :no:

Only thing the OP's friend can do is divorce her and don't file her removal of conditions; which she can file on her own anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.