eljefe1957

Deceived,Horror story of marring a foriegn wife

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If they are not divorced by the time she needs to file I751, removal proceedings will begin. She will go in front of Immigration Judge and ask for continueancy of status until divorce is complete. If she shows enough evidence of bona fide marriage, IJ will grant her that. Eventually divorce will become final and she will be able to file I751 by herself with a perfect excuse for late filing (uncooperative spouse delaying divorce).

Procrustination with divorce will only create more costs (lawyer fees) and aggravation for both parties involved.

:no:

That's not what I was suggesting anyway.

Well, that may not be your suggestion, but that can very well be the outcome!

Obviously if she wants a divorce my idea won't work now will it......

:lol: No it wont work anyway. She knows she wants the green card, for which she will obviously divorce. Wont she....

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Sorry 3600rs, I think I'm going to stop my train of thought here because its a nasty piece of work. I have to agree with Len and say its a very evil thing to do - that is scam the scammer - ie convince the scammer that your in love with them still simply to gain access to the ROC interview where you deliver whatever evidence you have of their scams to get them denied. I can't imagine how angry yet cold you'd have to be to try it.

Unless he convinces her he wants to work things out.

He convinces her, she gets convinced. He still bears the burden if the bills, now paying for the delivery bills when the child is not his. Well, all said an done. Assume it goes to denial and removal. The IJ tells the lady to find a lawyer giving her time. What then follows is a divorce, a waiver filing, and a possible approval. Removals can take more than 2 years in most cases.

Well, let me ask you something. Does having a child from another person constitute fraud? She may have had good faith intent when marrying but was not able to keep her pants down.

Sorry 3600rs, I think I'm going to stop my train of thought here because its a nasty piece of work. I have to agree with Len and say its a very evil thing to do - that is scam the scammer - ie convince the scammer that your in love with them still simply to gain access to the ROC interview where you deliver whatever evidence you have of their scams to get them denied. I can't imagine how angry yet cold you'd have to be to try it.

Ignore my post then, sorry I never seen this one. Will let you stop your train of thought. No offense if you dont reply.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Unless he convinces her he wants to work things out.

He convinces her, she gets convinced. He still bears the burden if the bills, now paying for the delivery bills when the child is not his. Well, all said an done. Assume it goes to denial and removal. The IJ tells the lady to find a lawyer giving her time. What then follows is a divorce, a waiver filing, and a possible approval. Removals can take more than 2 years in most cases.

Well, let me ask you something. Does having a child from another person constitute fraud? She may have had good faith intent when marrying but was not able to keep her pants down.

I agree, I don't think this was a scam. Alot of people who really get scammed here on VJ - it often doesn't show up until the 10yr is in hand not before. I think this was a marriage that just didn't work out.

Okay Len I'm off to my corner....let me know when I can come out to play :)

Edited by lancer1655

Greeting all,

Actually looking for some feedback for a very good friend of mine (no, it true, it's no my situation).

He married a Dominican woman who in the end as:

1. Shown ill intent for the marrage

2. Maltreated him for the total time she's been here (just shy of 2 years)

3. Devasted his finances

4. Recently became pregant by another man in the Domincan Republic while visiting her family

Sooooo, can he stop her from receiving her 10yr card? If so how? Obviously, divorce is warrented. But I don't believe that in and of itself will do anything to stop the residency process. Additionally, this child will be born before her current card expires.

This is the nighmare that alot of us have heard about, being totally decieved upfront and then to face the hell and disgrace of the aftermath.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Dan

I would like to hear the other side of this. The woman side.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.