pedroh

Evolution or Creationism

Evolution or Creationism  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the Theory of Evolution, or do you believe in Creationism?

• I agree with Evolution
    • I believe in Creationism
  2. 2. Would you like your children to learn about Evolution, Creationism or both?

• Evolution
    • Creationism
    • Both
  3. 3. Can Creationism be considered science?

• Yes, it's a theory
    • No, it's a belief

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

Whenever we will have kids, I would like them to choose whichever religion they want to choose or remain non-religious. I am not going to force any kind of religious belief on them, however in a perfect scenario I would want them to read and understand about religion(almost all) and religious belief.

Filed: Timeline
I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

Whenever we will have kids, I would like them to choose whichever religion they want to choose or remain non-religious. I am not going to force any kind of religious belief on them, however in a perfect scenario I would want them to read and understand about religion(almost all) and religious belief.

stfu... we all know you will indoctrinate the poor kids in the Church of the Kama Sutra :jest:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

Not to change the subject or be argumentative, but you'll role model to your children whatever beliefs or values you have. I think it would impossible to divorce yourself from whatever system of beliefs/values you have no matter how hard you tried to simply leave it up to your child to decide for themselves. Also, a child will not have the mentality to even ponder or question such values or beliefs until they are well into their teens.

So for example, if you thinking its rude to use swear words in front of company, you will impose that value or belief onto your children. I don't see religious beliefs any different. Even if you believe this is some form of indoctrination, all children naturally begin to wonder and question those very beliefs and values imposed upon them by their parents. Just look at your own beliefs compared to your parents. Humans have a natural tendency to ponder and to think for themselves...eventually.

Timeline
I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

stfu... we all know you will indoctrinate the poor kids in the Church of the Kama Sutra :jest:

That would be done by Joe, he already has picked some wacky p*mp daddy nicknames and also all the bad habits from Joe. Me the saint will only have good things to offer you know :lol:

Filed: Timeline
I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

That would be done by Joe, he already has picked some wacky p*mp daddy nicknames and also all the bad habits from Joe. Me the saint will only have good things to offer you know :lol:

Plus, we all know about his predilection for Indian p0rn :whistle: :whistle:

Timeline
I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

Not to change the subject or be argumentative, but you'll role model to your children whatever beliefs or values you have. I think it would impossible to divorce yourself from whatever system of beliefs/values you have no matter how hard you tried to simply leave it up to your child to decide for themselves. Also, a child will not have the mentality to even ponder or question such values or beliefs until they are well into their teens.

So for example, if you thinking its rude to use swear words in front of company, you will impose that value or belief onto your children. I don't see religious beliefs any different. Even if you believe this is some form of indoctrination, all children naturally begin to wonder and question those very beliefs and values imposed upon them by their parents. Just look at your own beliefs compared to your parents. Humans have a natural tendency to ponder and to think for themselves...eventually.

I agree and keeping it as a serious discussion, what do you think will happen when both the partners have different sets of values. For example I want our kids to choose whatever they want to choose while my husband wants them to follow Hindu path of life. My husband uses F word in every other sentence, I not so much, I try not to use cuss words at all.

I see it this way, my dad and mom were the same, my dad being the man of science didn't believe in religious values, while my mother was a devout lady who did her daily prayer. I found my dad more interesting in some way, I used to ask questions to him, may be its father-daughter thing or may be subconsciously I wanted to believe what my dad believed at that time of my life.

Things have changed, my dad is more religious now, not in a way of praying 10 times a day but he reads a lot about non-duality. I find it boring, I don't want to be concerned with that, even though he tries to talk about the same thing every time we talk on the phone or even back in India.

So somehow I do think doesn't matter what you teach your kids, there could be points in life of that kid as an individual and they will choose what they want to believe in. Just like how kids to the same parents don't grow up having same values.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I agree with Evolution

Evolution

No, it's a belief

I agree and keeping it as a serious discussion, what do you think will happen when both the partners have different sets of values. For example I want our kids to choose whatever they want to choose while my husband wants them to follow Hindu path of life. My husband uses F word in every other sentence, I not so much, I try not to use cuss words at all.

I see it this way, my dad and mom were the same, my dad being the man of science didn't believe in religious values, while my mother was a devout lady who did her daily prayer. I found my dad more interesting in some way, I used to ask questions to him, may be its father-daughter thing or may be subconsciously I wanted to believe what my dad believed at that time of my life.

Things have changed, my dad is more religious now, not in a way of praying 10 times a day but he reads a lot about non-duality. I find it boring, I don't want to be concerned with that, even though he tries to talk about the same thing every time we talk on the phone or even back in India.

So somehow I do think doesn't matter what you teach your kids, there could be points in life of that kid as an individual and they will choose what they want to believe in. Just like how kids to the same parents don't grow up having same values.

:) Oh, I wish OT had more discussions like this.

I think your father and mother's different sense of values was beneficial to you as a child. Children are going to recognize the uniqueness of each parent, in seeing that they don't act and think exactly the same...and if such differences are mostly harmonious, then the children will learn the importance of tolerance. So I think it's less of a problem of a married couple having different sets values when there is mutual respect for those values.

evoution...he blinded me with science

:o Please explain... is this a belief in a male deity, or pure gheynez? :jest:

you chopf##k mesikan..i was talking about Darwin!

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I´m an atheist and go by Evolution, I would not like for my children to be taught Creationism instead of Evolution at school, and I don´t believe Creationism is a theory, it´s a belief.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I believe we were made in God's image to eat pizza. :star:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Evolution,

Evolution,

No, it's a belief

People have a right to believe anything, but creationism should be thought in a private religious facility, not in school.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
Evolution

Only Evolution (unless we would allow for ALL creation myths to be taught: this includes Mayans, Romans, Greek, Persian....)

No, it's a belief

I agree, Creationism could be taught, but, NOT in the science class, and definitely with all the other creationist belief systems from other cultures

I don't know about ALL the other creation myths. Currently, many students learn about Greek and Native American creation myths and creation myths from other various cultures. I don't think it would possible, probable, and certainly not effective to teach ALL creation myths. And it would be very controverial to teach creationism in the same unit as other creation myths. I'm not sure I would want my daugther to be introduced to it that way. I've referred to it when I've taught creation myths from other cultures, but I'm very careful not to equate it to them.

By the same token, I don't see anything wrong with teaching other theories of the existence of man, which is generally NOT done in my experience, but I agree that creationism doesn't really belong in the science class, at least not as I understand it.

Interestingly, I went to Catholic schools k-12, and we were taught evolution theory in science and creationism in religion class. Creationism was presented, by the nuns and seminary students and some lay people, as a figurative tale, not a literal one.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe in a Creator. I also accept the Theory of Evolution. As a follower of Christianity, I do not see those two views in conflict at all and neither does the Catholic Church, as well as many other Christian Churches. In fact, European Christians overwhelmingly accept the Theory of Evolution. It's only in America where we have Fundamentalists who can't come to a rational compromise between their faith and science.

Sorry for the necropost.

I voted Evolution, Both, and No, it's a belief.

Steven, evolution and creationism do come into conflict. You can believe in the concept of evolution, there is undeniable proof even in modern history of it, yet not agree with the theory of evolution as it pertains to the the origins of our species. This is a common red herring used.