Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome Dee and a big congrats to you Childress. Hoping those prices go down, so you can bring yo' man home!!!

Well folks, I JUST realized part of the crazy that I suffer from (most of it comes naturally) is school. Why the hell did I take on so much this semester? What was I thinking? Isn't working full time and being a mama 24/7 enough? Not to mention all the other things going on in life.

I guess I was just thinking that by taking on more classes, I could take away the constant need to ponder/dwell/stew on this visa journey my family and I have taken. All I know is, school ain't making me think anyless of when my man is gonna get here! And I got two test this week to take before Friday, argh. I hate tests. They suck teez. Isn't the test of life enough?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone, Im still waiting on our NOA2 but always follow the threads and love hearing your stories.

Beth I wish you the best at NVC, what a complete stresser of a time you have had.

Sharifah your a doll and hard working mom I can relate too as well. It must be hard to get your hopes up for the interview and get told another month, and you were flying through all this. Reminds me of what happened with No where Man, he had to also wait. All in time though.

Congrats to you Betsy!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Welcome Dee and a big congrats to you Childress. Hoping those prices go down, so you can bring yo' man home!!!

Well folks, I JUST realized part of the crazy that I suffer from (most of it comes naturally) is school. Why the hell did I take on so much this semester? What was I thinking? Isn't working full time and being a mama 24/7 enough? Not to mention all the other things going on in life.

I guess I was just thinking that by taking on more classes, I could take away the constant need to ponder/dwell/stew on this visa journey my family and I have taken. All I know is, school ain't making me think anyless of when my man is gonna get here! And I got two test this week to take before Friday, argh. I hate tests. They suck teez. Isn't the test of life enough?

Could not agree more with everything you said! :thumbs: I'm not a mother and I only have a part-time job, but I seem to get stressed easily. Inshallah my stress levels will go down once my hubby is here and I can focus more on school. I've never been a fan of school. The homework and tests make it no fun :(

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Thank you ladies!! You are the best!! :luv::luv: I would have gone insane without your support, you have been of a great help to me through this.. Love you all xxxx

Sharifah, I LOVE the new waiting couch hehe.. :D

Things have gone a lot crazier for me at home, but it was a perfect timing being fasting for a whole month.. I was calm hopeful and peaceful alhamdulillah.. John helped me A LOT through this.. He listens for hours, bears with my moods, always reminds me of how things will be when we don't have to deal with this again... I wouldn't say things got better with family... They didn't.. But I'm handling it better and being calm... I still do care about my family and hope things will get better one day...

Thank you HLM, Amanda, Betsy, Kenza, Jeanne, Sandrila, Amy, Lisa, Sharifah, Andrea, and Beth.. (F)(F)(F)

Amanda, I love the new screen name. B) I bet hubby calls you Amoon ;):)

Aya I wish you all the best! And yes, my hubby calls me Amoon. :) He has called me that from the beginning and it stuck.

I am a little depressed....this time last year I was preparing myself to go to Jordan. But that means we are just a few weeks away from our 1 year anniversary. Its funny how I look now and say, wow a year already..where did it go?!! But when we were waiting on USCIS & NVC it seemed like an eternity. So keep your heads up ladies and stay strong...your time will come very soon although it doesn't feel like it. I pray God blesses each one of you immensely.

Have a great Hump Day.

Amanda

Morning all, Iwish I could say its a good morning, but its not, I called NVC and was told our CR-1 is also in AP. Its hopeless now, I wish I ccould just crawl under a rock. K3 in AP since 08-11-09 and now this am, told same for CR1. I give up, its not meant to be.

ladies, after 5 calls, I got a supervisor Ms. Lila, she pulled my K3 petition I-129F and took it out of AP and sending to embassy. She told me to call her Friday for a update to see if already sent to Paris, but she did pull it, after tears, and choking on phone, she told me to breath, its going to be alright. She was a very nice lady, and made sure I understood to call and ask for her on Friday.

Dont know what will happen with the CR1, she herself did not understand why in AP, she is also moving that petition into final review now herself. Someone please tell me she was real, that she told me the truth.

yay!!!

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow Congratulations Paris!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Congrats to everyone NO2's and visa approvals.....Hopefully i will have some good news to report soon too...enshallah. :) Right now still waiting for packet 3 to arrive.

Edited by raina4gy

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Timeline
Hello everyone, Im still waiting on our NOA2 but always follow the threads and love hearing your stories.

Beth I wish you the best at NVC, what a complete stresser of a time you have had.

Sharifah your a doll and hard working mom I can relate too as well. It must be hard to get your hopes up for the interview and get told another month, and you were flying through all this. Reminds me of what happened with No where Man, he had to also wait. All in time though.

Congrats to you Betsy!!

Hi Sandra,

I am waiting for my NOA2 also....how long have you been waiting for it and is this normal to wait so long? I keep seeing July 09 filers getting approved so I was starting to get my hopes up but now I don't know!!!! :blink::blink:

~Andrea

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sharifah, Bless you for taking all of that on!! Thats friggin huge. Being a working momma is hard enough sometimes.

Sandra,

I hope you get that approval very soon!

Raina4gy,

I hope it's speedy and good luck at the interview :thumbs:

Hi Jax... :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beth, glad things with your visa are going right now. :star:

Sharifah, inshaAllah your hubby will have his interview soon and you two are going to be reunited again in no time. (F)

Childress, Congrats on your hubby's visa. :dance: :dance:

Sandra and Andrea, praying that you get NOA2's very soon. (F)(F)

I have a question ladies... When filling our I-129F I wrote my physical address and wrote a note of my mailing address (a mail box in PO office on which I receive all my mail) which we attached in our K1 packet. A few days after NOA1 I read that the embassy does not deliver visa packet or passports to mail boxes... So I called the embassy to make sure, after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes a lady finally answered and told me "it's not of our concern to where you receive the visa packets, we just need a physical address. You can check that with DHL and see how they can help you." So, I called DHL and they said they only deliver passports :unsure: So I said don't you deliver packet 3 and 4 too?! And the guy said: "No, our contract with the embassy is that we only deliver passports. But you always can request to have your visa packets sent via DHL. And, unfortunately, we don't deliver to mail boxes because there might be additional fees and in that case you cannot receive the packet until you pay"...! They also said that 'I can always pick 'my stuff' up at any DHL office' So, that is very confusing....!!

I was planning on emailing the embassy once we get our NOA2 and NVC case number and remind them of the address where I like the visa packets to be sent to... Now that we got NOA2, I'm not sure what to do or what to start with... How can I fix that with DHL... I really am not sure what to do first? It's not an option now to receive any visa mail to my physical address, it would be a big problem and our visa could get stopped... Any ideas? Has any of you had this situation with DHL?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Beth, glad things with your visa are going right now. :star:

Sharifah, inshaAllah your hubby will have his interview soon and you two are going to be reunited again in no time. (F)

Childress, Congrats on your hubby's visa. :dance: :dance:

Sandra and Andrea, praying that you get NOA2's very soon. (F)(F)

I have a question ladies... When filling our I-129F I wrote my physical address and wrote a note of my mailing address (a mail box in PO office on which I receive all my mail) which we attached in our K1 packet. A few days after NOA1 I read that the embassy does not deliver visa packet or passports to mail boxes... So I called the embassy to make sure, after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes a lady finally answered and told me "it's not of our concern to where you receive the visa packets, we just need a physical address. You can check that with DHL and see how they can help you." So, I called DHL and they said they only deliver passports :unsure: So I said don't you deliver packet 3 and 4 too?! And the guy said: "No, our contract with the embassy is that we only deliver passports. But you always can request to have your visa packets sent via DHL. And, unfortunately, we don't deliver to mail boxes because there might be additional fees and in that case you cannot receive the packet until you pay"...! They also said that 'I can always pick 'my stuff' up at any DHL office' So, that is very confusing....!!

I was planning on emailing the embassy once we get our NOA2 and NVC case number and remind them of the address where I like the visa packets to be sent to... Now that we got NOA2, I'm not sure what to do or what to start with... How can I fix that with DHL... I really am not sure what to do first? It's not an option now to receive any visa mail to my physical address, it would be a big problem and our visa could get stopped... Any ideas? Has any of you had this situation with DHL?

Aya, in our experience with the embassy and DHL, they did deliver packet 3 & 4, but they delivered them postage due. so i'm guessing that's why they don't send them to PO Boxes, because they would have no way of being paid. But as far as the address, maybe you could have them send it to a friend or family's address? we had an address issue (hubby used his sister's address across the street from his, because his address was confusing) and the embassy said they didn't care where they sent it, and that "we will find you wherever you are"... hahah. uhm? Ok. Anyway I would send an email to the consulate giving them a physical address (non-PO Box) and see if you can update your address via letter or something.

Timeline

The problem is I don't know a friend or a family member that could/would help with that. :(

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Argh....how frustrating Aya. I'm sorry I can't be of any help other then offering you to use my address in Cairo. My SIL, lives in our home, so I know she would be happy to help. So please let me know. Hugs!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
The problem is I don't know a friend or a family member that could/would help with that. :(

A teacher or boss?

Aya,

From what you said, it sounds like DHL is willing to keep the packets for you to pick up from their center.

So, you could ask the embassy to just mail to the PO, set up something with DHL to pick it up from their center. Or, use someone elses house address. Or, maybe the consulate will let you go pick up the packets?? :unsure: just throwing out ideas here.

Im sorry I dont know about Cairo, we had a situation with physical vs mailing address and when I changed the address after NOA2. The embassy just mailed his stuff to a PO box, no problem.

Argh....how frustrating Aya. I'm sorry I can't be of any help other then offering you to use my address in Cairo. My SIL, lives in our home, so I know she would be happy to help. So please let me know. Hugs!

Well, there you go! Sharifah, youre a doll

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Sharifah, that is very sweet of you. (F)(F) I'm going to call DHL again and see how I can prepare to pick things up, and if not I'll let you know. I hope this 'little' problem turns out to be another nightmare. :(

Lisa, I had a teacher who was willing to help, but for some reason I can't get a hold of her lately...

I'm going to to call DHL again and let you know what happened. Pray for me. (F)

I have to get off work now.. Have a good day everyone! (F)

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.