Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aha, I didnt realize you were in a smaller town, good luck hun.

Hopefully he'll find something really soon.

Hey Jax :D

Thanks Lisa...I hope so too!

Hi Amands,

Now waiting on NVC to issue interview date for CR1. Also waiting to hear from embassy on K3 interview date. Faxed and email embassy, no return word, waiting is driving me crazy, our dead line for visa in hand is Nov. 6th.

IF we get a interview letter on either petition, he will take that to French immigration and see if they will extend his French residency card for maybe 1 month. Prays for us please, on top of all this worry, Im sick as a dog with the flu, UGH!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

aha, I didnt realize you were in a smaller town, good luck hun.

Hopefully he'll find something really soon.

Hey Jax :D

Thanks Lisa...I hope so too!

Hi Amands,

Now waiting on NVC to issue interview date for CR1. Also waiting to hear from embassy on K3 interview date. Faxed and email embassy, no return word, waiting is driving me crazy, our dead line for visa in hand is Nov. 6th.

IF we get a interview letter on either petition, he will take that to French immigration and see if they will extend his French residency card for maybe 1 month. Prays for us please, on top of all this worry, Im sick as a dog with the flu, UGH!!!

Awww Beth feel better soon! I am just getting over being super sick for 2 weeks. Sucks big time. My prayers are with you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Ladies...just checking in. How is everyone? Lisa, Jackie, Beth, Kenza, Sharifa, Aya....I hope everyone is doing well. My hubby is still looking for a job and he is getting pretty discouraged. So I have started looking for a second job since my ex-husband stopped paying child support 6 months ago I am really struggling to pay all my bills. :( But I know God will pull us through.

Take care ladies.

Amanda

Hey, Amanda! Praying your hubby finds a job very soon! Things will get better inshaAllah xxx

I just received packet 3 today. Basically, the embassy ignored all my requests of my change of mailing address. I got a very off point email from them yesterday saying packet 3 was sent out in the morning. I emailed them back asking to which address the packet was sent and got no reply for the rest of the day. I tried calling them many times. I waited on the phone 25 minutes, 40 minutes, and then 15 more minutes and nobody even picked up. So I called DHL last night. They refused giving me any info about the packet since I did not have a tracking number. Finally the guy on the phone agreed to help me after asking me about my FULL name, cellphone number, and FULL address. He gave me the tracking number and he arranged that I pick the packet up myself on my request... So I went and received the packet this afternoon... I wonder if the embassy will let me know when they send out packet 4... I guess they wouldn't :-/

Anyway, John hasn't sent me the package of his I-134 and the cosponsor forms. Do you ladies know what are the original papers that John should send? And what's the approximate time to sending packet 3 back to the embassy? I have some questions on the medical exam but I'll post them later cause I have to be off to bed now.

Beth, hoping you hear good news from the embassy soon. (F)

Kenza, congrats on your hubby's arrival again :)

Jackie, hang in there! (F)(F)

Hi Lisa, Annie, and Sandrila! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Hi Ladies...just checking in. How is everyone? Lisa, Jackie, Beth, Kenza, Sharifa, Aya....I hope everyone is doing well. My hubby is still looking for a job and he is getting pretty discouraged. So I have started looking for a second job since my ex-husband stopped paying child support 6 months ago I am really struggling to pay all my bills. :( But I know God will pull us through.

Take care ladies.

Amanda

Hey, Amanda! Praying your hubby finds a job very soon! Things will get better inshaAllah xxx

I just received packet 3 today. Basically, the embassy ignored all my requests of my change of mailing address. I got a very off point email from them yesterday saying packet 3 was sent out in the morning. I emailed them back asking to which address the packet was sent and got no reply for the rest of the day. I tried calling them many times. I waited on the phone 25 minutes, 40 minutes, and then 15 more minutes and nobody even picked up. So I called DHL last night. They refused giving me any info about the packet since I did not have a tracking number. Finally the guy on the phone agreed to help me after asking me about my FULL name, cellphone number, and FULL address. He gave me the tracking number and he arranged that I pick the packet up myself on my request... So I went and received the packet this afternoon... I wonder if the embassy will let me know when they send out packet 4... I guess they wouldn't :-/

Anyway, John hasn't sent me the package of his I-134 and the cosponsor forms. Do you ladies know what are the original papers that John should send? And what's the approximate time to sending packet 3 back to the embassy? I have some questions on the medical exam but I'll post them later cause I have to be off to bed now.

Beth, hoping you hear good news from the embassy soon. (F)

Kenza, congrats on your hubby's arrival again :)

Jackie, hang in there! (F)(F)

Hi Lisa, Annie, and Sandrila! (F)

Ladie, got a interview in Paris November 17th at 1pm for the CR1, I wish I could jump up and down, now praying embassy will give us a Oct. interview for K3. Any suggestions on contacting embassy, Ive faxed twice within 7 days, and emailed them last Friday, we truly need a Oct. K3 interview.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Beth,

Have you checked the scheduling times for k visas at the Paris consul? Most consulates schedule them within 30 days... i think you're gonna be ok as long as they have the physical packet in their offices within a week. :thumbs: Has it shown up on DHL yet?

Congrats on the interview for the CR1, maybe France will extend his current visa :unsure:

jackie: :dance:

Aya,

Im glad you got it...whew!! I dont know about Cairo and Amman doesnt do packet 3 & 4 only one, so I cant advise on that, but good luck!

Sandrilla,

thanks for always stopping in and sending well wishes to the waiting crowd ^_^ you're a doll

I guess we wont hear from Kenza for a while.. but its a good reason to be absent ;)

Amanda,

How is your job search going?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Beth,

Have you checked the scheduling times for k visas at the Paris consul? Most consulates schedule them within 30 days... i think you're gonna be ok as long as they have the physical packet in their offices within a week. :thumbs: Has it shown up on DHL yet?

Congrats on the interview for the CR1, maybe France will extend his current visa :unsure:

Aya,

Im glad you got it...whew!! I dont know about Cairo and Amman doesnt do packet 3 & 4 only one, so I cant advise on that, but good luck!

Sandrilla,

thanks for always stopping in and sending well wishes to the waiting crowd ^_^ you're a doll

I guess we wont hear from Kenza for a while.. but its a good reason to be absent ;)

Amanda,

Hi Lisa, per NVC and the Dept. of State, K3 was sent to Paris via email Sept. 18th and hard copy sent the 23rd, Paris received it Sept 25th, and still NO word from them on the K3, I emailed and faxed 2 times each, and nothing.

I wonder, maybe they wont now schedule a K3 since NVC scheduled for Nov. 17 the CR1 interview?

Still in limbo, even with a interview where we are not sure he can attend. he is trying to extend French card for 1 month, I sent him the interview letter for CR1 the NVC sent us, and I will even purchase him a ticket leaving France Thanksgiving day if that is what it takes to extend his stay in France by a few weeks.

Any suggestions on what else to do?

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Timeline
Beth,

Aya,

Sandrilla,

Amanda,

Aya, what was in Packet 3? Didn't it contain all the papers needed for preparing for interview and your interview date letter?

We were on a K-1 so maybe its different. H recieved all the documents (doctor listing for medical, financial support docs and interview date leter (even though we already knew the date) all in that packet). There was never a packet 4....only if you consider the visa coming back to him after interview as Packet 4. :P

How are you doing otherwise? Did you get your police certificate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just want to say Cairo sucks big teez!

On a lighter note....I just applied for a new job and now I am wondering what the hell I went and did that for? :blink:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Beth,

Aya,

Sandrilla,

Amanda,

Hi Lisa, per NVC and the Dept. of State, K3 was sent to Paris via email Sept. 18th and hard copy sent the 23rd, Paris received it Sept 25th, and still NO word from them on the K3, I emailed and faxed 2 times each, and nothing.

I wonder, maybe they wont now schedule a K3 since NVC scheduled for Nov. 17 the CR1 interview?

Still in limbo, even with a interview where we are not sure he can attend. he is trying to extend French card for 1 month, I sent him the interview letter for CR1 the NVC sent us, and I will even purchase him a ticket leaving France Thanksgiving day if that is what it takes to extend his stay in France by a few weeks.

Good they received it!!

Usually, they wouldnt not schedule the K3 just because the NVC did the CR1 schedule. Although, if the CR1 is there when he has the K3 interview they are supposed to go ahead and interview for it(the CR1) and some consuls will not allow you to schedule for the K3 if the CR1 is there. But didnt you say someone just recently did a flip in Paris? If Im remebering that right and not pulling it out of my... :P

then Paris isnt one of the sticklers for that and you shouldnt worry about it.

Talk to someone who has recently gone through there to find out if they schedule before sending out the packet 3, or if they have to wait until its returned.

See, Amman gave me his interview date in the same sentence saying they just mailed out the packet.... so you would want to know that, since it will have alot to do with interview timing (IE- if you have to wait until he GETS and RETURNS the packet 3)

I hope they answer you soon hun, I know that not knowing is tourturous. (F)

On a lighter note....I just applied for a new job and now I am wondering what the hell I went and did that for? :blink:

were ya bored? :P

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Beth,

Aya,

Sandrilla,

Amanda,

Good they received it!!

Usually, they wouldnt not schedule the K3 just because the NVC did the CR1 schedule. Although, if the CR1 is there when he has the K3 interview they are supposed to go ahead and interview for it(the CR1) and some consuls will not allow you to schedule for the K3 if the CR1 is there. But didnt you say someone just recently did a flip in Paris? If Im remebering that right and not pulling it out of my... :P

then Paris isnt one of the sticklers for that and you shouldnt worry about it.

Talk to someone who has recently gone through there to find out if they schedule before sending out the packet 3, or if they have to wait until its returned.

See, Amman gave me his interview date in the same sentence saying they just mailed out the packet.... so you would want to know that, since it will have alot to do with interview timing (IE- if you have to wait until he GETS and RETURNS the packet 3)

I hope they answer you soon hun, I know that not knowing is tourturous. (F)

were ya bored? :P

This is the 3rd email from embassy this am:

Dear Madam,

Do not worry we keep an eye for the November files coming and we shall inform you as soon as we receive them whether an opening in the beginning of November is possible for your spouse’s immigrant visa interview prior to the expiration of his “titre de sejour” in case it cannot be extended for a few weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Section

American Embassy Paris,France

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.