Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well thats good Beth!

AP at NVC is its own animal. Some have even been told by DOS that they put files in "AP" when the consulate is overflowed and needs some files to be held in order to "catch up" on their non immi visa interview schedule.

While another lady who was interviewed once their file was out of AP and to the consulate, was asked about other lease holders at her hubby apt ...as they found out during AP that there was an overlap in dates of lease holders at his apt. :blink:

There arent any real facts on AP at NVC other than every case takes the same amount of time(give or take a few days based on the current trend) for example: when we were in AP there...99% got out in 50-53 days. Now its 20-22 days. Poor Beth, you were that one :(

You cant tell me that they are doing any "real" AP if its a consistent amount of time for 99% of people. That just doesnt make sense to me.

oh ya, and the operators at NVC have no idea wth it is for lol

Anyway, thats my spcheel on AP at NVC hell :P

Im glad youre getting answers and help hun!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No October interview for us :( InshaAllah, November will be interview month, I already figured this much, but I am so bummed. I wanted him home for Eid al Adha :cry: Cairo sucks! :angry:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Aww Beth how stressing! Yet, alhamdullilah the supervisor sent the K3 to the embassy!! I am glad to hear that. Although, I don't understand why the CR1 got put in AP. I thought, that only K1 and K3 get AP.

I really hope the CR1 will be at case complete soon. It really is the better visa to get, although I know you have a time crunch. What about the extention for your man's residency card? What has he done so far to do that? Keep us posted honey. Hugs.

Further update: AP for CR1 does not mean the AP hell we all know. AP for CR1 means its in final review, last desk before case complete.

Why in the hell could a operator tell me this???, this is what the supervisor basically told me as I think it all over now, and a VJer also confirmed this, she too went thru same nightmare of hearing those words AP, The AP is sooooo mis-representated, and can scare the hell out of a person. So Ive learned a lesson, the worst a person hears is not always what it means. I do thank my lucky stars I got a supervisor who had a heart, took her time with me, and actually did something, and not just look in the system and read what was in it.

Hubby is trying to take a teaching position with a school in France, teaching English, I asked him Who will teach you English, he laughed and so did I , I needed that. Actually his English is superb!!! We will figure this out, and he also wont ever let me give up. he is my rock and the super glue that holds me together. Thank you all, I know Im whiney at times, its just my nerves are shot with this whole mess.

Hugs to all, and Amanda, thank you Hon!!(((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))) Hugs!!!

No worries, that is what we are here for! :thumbs:

Timeline

Awww, Im sorry Sharifah! I was really hoping that you guys would be able to sneak in for October. (F)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I hope that CR1 gets approved soon then Beth.

Inshallah Sharifah a November interview date, everything happens for a reason, believe me!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks ladies and Kenza you are absolutely right. Everything happens for a reason and Allah (swt) knows best. I trust in that :yes: Although it doesn't make me miss him any less :(

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

haha, I said that because I remember I was so mad he didn't get his interview when I was there between June and August and then I was so mad he didn't come the 18th but now that I look at it, everything is happening from Allah's mercy alhamdolilah. He got approved, I have had the time to get everything ready, and he gets to visit his family in Morocco before he comes. wow, now that i look at it, sobhanallah! my whole life has been guided and everything did happen for a reason :)

Down to the single digit ladies! 9 more days! :dance:

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I think I've progressed to this forum now. My fiancee will be interviewing at the consulate in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He has received his packet 3 and is going for his medical exam in the morning. I am busy scrambling to send him the documents for packet 3. He has got to be the most laid back person I have ever met, even when I was stressing over getting the approval, he was like its coming.. don't worry.... Now, we're hoping he can get an interview in October but it is now all in Allah's hand.

Good to see others going through the middle east region.

Thanks,

Dee

Dee Zaman

event.png

Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I think I've progressed to this forum now. My fiancee will be interviewing at the consulate in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He has received his packet 3 and is going for his medical exam in the morning. I am busy scrambling to send him the documents for packet 3. He has got to be the most laid back person I have ever met, even when I was stressing over getting the approval, he was like its coming.. don't worry.... Now, we're hoping he can get an interview in October but it is now all in Allah's hand.

Thanks,

Dee

Dee,

Everyone is welcome at any point in their process. Im happy to hear that you guys have an interview coming up! :dancing: I hope you get that Oct interview date. I remember my husband and I taking turns being stressed, sometimes I was the laid back one, and another day it might be Yazied lol

Keep us posted and come by anytime :)

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Ohhhh a PART2! :star:

My husband received his passport with the visa in the mail today! We are so excited! Now I just wish ticket prices would come down as I want to fly to him in Canada on the 26th and come back with him to the U.S. the next day on the 27th. I am still in shock and can't believe he has it!

Hang in there everyone who is still waiting. Your day WILL come!

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Dee

Dee,

Everyone is welcome at any point in their process. Im happy to hear that you guys have an interview coming up! :dancing: I hope you get that Oct interview date. I remember my husband and I taking turns being stressed, sometimes I was the laid back one, and another day it might be Yazied lol

Keep us posted and come by anytime :)

Thanks for the welcome and I'll keep everyone posted... :yes::yes:

Dee Zaman

event.png

Timeline

My husband received his passport with the visa in the mail today! We are so excited! Now I just wish ticket prices would come down as I want to fly to him in Canada on the 26th and come back with him to the U.S. the next day on the 27th. I am still in shock and can't believe he has it!

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! It's such a wonderful feeling!

Welcome dezaman!

Edited by Kenza

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

Thats FANTASTIC childress!!!! im happy for you guys

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Congrats!

Hmmm. So it took 7 months for him to get the K3 visa. I wonder if we will get ours that quick doing DCF... Hope so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.