DJ and BJ

Signs of a Fraudulent Marriage?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is nothing new..... this is a clear case of identity theft.

You seem close to this person and his family. With everything you know, looks like you still communicate with him.

I agree with everyone, report him before its too late. If you think he succesfully got his greencard, he's prolly using he's real identity now.

12/29/2007 Got married in the Philippines
03/28/2008 Got 10yr B1/B2 visa
04/12/2008 Arrived in US under B1/B2 visa
08/06/2008 Filed I-539 visa extension
10/23/2008 I-539 approved
02/23/2009 USC wife filed I-130 Chicago Lockbox
02/26/2009 I-130 delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02/27/2009 Medical exam I-693
03/01/2009 Negative result on TB skin test
03/04/2009 I-130 received by California Service Center
03/05/2009 Check cashed by USCIS
03/06/2009 Medical Exam form I-693 released by civil surgeon
03/07/2009 NOA Receipt Notice for I-130
03/14/2009 Mailed I-485, I-864, I-693, I-765 & I-131 thru USPS
03/16/2009 "The Package" delivered to Chicago Lockbox
03/16/2009 I-94 expired after 11 months since arrival
03/25/2009 Check cashed by USCIS
03/26/2009 Received NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131
03/28/2009 Received notice for Biometrics Appointment (April 9)
04/02/2009 Approval Notice for I-130 received
04/09/2009 Biometrics done
05/07/2009 Received Advance Parole Document
05/08/2009 Received Interview Letter
05/09/2009 Received EAD card
05/11/2009 Applied for SSN
05/16/2009 Received SSN
06/23/2009 AOS interview approved
06/27/2009 Welcome Letter received
07/05/2009 Green Card received
06/01/2011 Mailed I-751 Form
06/07/2011 Received NOA for I-751
07/11/2011 Biometrics Done

03/19/2015 Mailed N-400

03/30/2015 NOA Received

04/15/2015 Biometrics Appointment

06/23/2015 Interview

07/22/2015 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to ask the advice of people up here on whether or not they think this situation constitutes marriage fraud:

Alien comes over on F-1 visa...doesn't maintain requirements of the visa and becomes out of status by not staying enrolled in the school and carrying a full course load as this particular visa requires.

Alien continues to work, without authorization. (At and near an airport, wierd right?)

Alien then gets married and adjusts status for Green card, and does not live with his spouse, and has a girlfriend that is definitely not the spouse...

Alien's sister also has confirmed that he doesn't live with his spouse and has multiple women in his life...

What do you think? And if it smells like fraud what/how, would you do to report it?

I just think that it is really unfair and unjust for those of us who honestly and correctly go about these procedures of being with our spouses...

If you personally know him, and you have the first hand information that he is an alien (undocumented, illegal, whatever) you have the obligation to call USCIS and report him, so he'll be deported and you wont be wondering about his status.

Goodluck.

Edited by chizkeyk

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

You seem close to this person and his family. With everything you know, looks like you still communicate with him.

I agree with everyone, report him before its too late. If you think he successfully got his green card, he's prolly using he's real identity now.

Unfortunately I can't write this person out of my life...I have to maintain a certain level of communication with him; however I will report him for abusing the system. He has not only abused the system, but has been conning and coercing people to support his cause.

We don't need another person here that is doing that, life here is hard enough.

AOS

Date Filed : 2009-03-09

NOA Date : 2009-03-17

RFE(s) : 2009-03-30

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-20

And by the way - if you actually know this person (or actually know of him) I would seriously wish you would consider reporting this to the proper authorities.

The last thing I'd want is a illegal/fraudulent person working at an airport (too easy for them to be bullied/blackmailed into possibly doing things they might not ordinarily do which puts us all at risk).

Oh, you mean something like this?

Two charged in plot to board gun on plane at Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA—United States Attorney Michael L. Levy has filed a one-count information charging Damien Young and Roshid Milledge with getting on an aircraft while carrying a concealed dangerous weapon.

The information alleges that on June 4, 2009, Young brought a carry-on bag containing a handgun onto an airplane flying from Philadelphia International Airport to Phoenix, Arizona, and that Milledge, a U.S. Airways employee, smuggled the handgun through an employee’s entrance into the airport.

The USDOJ did not state why the two men wanted to smuggle a weapon aboard an aircraft.

INFORMATION REGARDING THE DEFENDANT(S)

NAME ADDRESS AGE

Damien Young Phoenix, Arizona 29

Roshid Milledge Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 38

Each defendant faces a maximum possible sentence of ten years’ imprisonment, a $250,000 fine, three years of supervised release, and a $100 special assessment.

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Transportation Security Administration and the Philadelphia Police Department and is being prosecuted by AUSA Stephen Miller.

http://www.vancouverite.com/2009/06/16/two...at-philadephia/

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Timeline

I agree with everyone, report him before its too late. If you think he successfully got his green card, he's prolly using he's real identity now.

Unfortunately I can't write this person out of my life...I have to maintain a certain level of communication with him; however I will report him for abusing the system. He has not only abused the system, but has been conning and coercing people to support his cause.

So there is NO circumstance whatsoever that can make you cut off all ties with this guy?? The only thing i can think of is if you both have a child together etc. But look, its none of my business why you can't, i just really feel bad that you are associated with someone who is willingly and disdainfully committing fraud. It seems to be weighing on your mind. Everyone here has given the best advice possible, you need to contact ICE or USCIS (not sure which one specifically) and report him.

LIke one of the other posters wrote, how do you know he is not using YOUR SS no. or a friend/family's??

I know all of us on here who have gone thru the long process of doing things legally and had the satisfaction of being able to live in this country as free men and women get frustrated and angry when people commit visa fraud. I know that if i was in your shoes, i would be calling the appropriate numbers to report him. plus, YOU don't want to be accused of harboring a known fraud, it could affect you and your family.

those are my thoughts...

:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
After 9/11 I think its wierd because somehow he was able to still obtain someone's ss number, or recieve an ID or work permit, when F-1 visa holder's are not supposed to accept employment until after completing a program.

I don't know about how people are able to obtain illegal documents that 'check out' without being caught; especially working at an airport base...that's why its wierd to me...

F-1 visas get a SSN and they are not considered illegal even if their visas r expired since they have D/S on their I-94 hence not accumalating any over stay.Unless if an immigration judge found him/her overstaying.

it is a fraud report them

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

So there is NO circumstance whatsoever that can make you cut off all ties with this guy?? The only thing i can think of is if you both have a child together etc. But look, its none of my business why you can't, i just really feel bad that you are associated with someone who is willingly and disdainfully committing fraud. It seems to be weighing on your mind. Everyone here has given the best advice possible, you need to contact ICE or USCIS (not sure which one specifically) and report him.

LIke one of the other posters wrote, how do you know he is not using YOUR SS no. or a friend/family's??

I know all of us on here who have gone thru the long process of doing things legally and had the satisfaction of being able to live in this country as free men and women get frustrated and angry when people commit visa fraud. I know that if i was in your shoes, i would be calling the appropriate numbers to report him. plus, YOU don't want to be accused of harboring a known fraud, it could affect you and your family.

those are my thoughts...

Yes, and I have given it long thought to the effects that it may be on our child. But I suppose he should have thought of that before breaking any laws, and no he's not using my information. I check my credit reports on a regular basis and he has no access to any of my other family members or even the personal information of our child....

I already decided that I will report him. I was just asking if it did seem as if he had broken the law based on the information I gave...

Thanks

AOS

Date Filed : 2009-03-09

NOA Date : 2009-03-17

RFE(s) : 2009-03-30

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wanted to ask the advice of people up here on whether or not they think this situation constitutes marriage fraud:

Alien comes over on F-1 visa...doesn't maintain requirements of the visa and becomes out of status by not staying enrolled in the school and carrying a full course load as this particular visa requires.

Alien continues to work, without authorization. (At and near an airport, wierd right?)

Alien then gets married and adjusts status for Green card, and does not live with his spouse, and has a girlfriend that is definitely not the spouse...

Alien's sister also has confirmed that he doesn't live with his spouse and has multiple women in his life...

What do you think? And if it smells like fraud what/how, would you do to report it?

I just think that it is really unfair and unjust for those of us who honestly and correctly go about these procedures of being with our spouses...

If everything you mentioned is correct, then it is fraud. If reported it will not only affect him, but the USC that filed for him. This website does not and will not encourage our members to obtain immigrant visas or any other visas for that matter by using fradulant means.

JNR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Make the report to ICE, rather than to USCIS. ICE is the appropriate and most "concerned" agency. You may even ask what their preference is (for filing, documentation, etc.) when they receive a report. But the key to getting the ball rolling is to contact ICE, and not another agency.

Furthermore, ICE will almost certainly have mechanisms to preserve your anonymity, if this is a concern for you.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

This post is real bullshit!

She is saying that he might have stolen a SS number, or get a work permit somehow but she doesn´t have any evidence about that. It´s just an assumption.

And then she said

"Sadly I do know him, he tried to marry me for a green card, that is why we are no longer friends. I want to report him, how can I do it? Just call ICE? Can I report anonymously? "

I think she just pissed because he didn´t marry her. Why wasting all that energy on trying to tell on them?.Just do it or don´t do it.

:bonk:

ROC

09-10-2011 : ROC package sent

09-13-2011 : Check Cashed

09-17-2011 : NOA received

10-24-2011: Biometrics appointment

07-02-2012: Application Accepted

07-10-2012: Greencard Received!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS from H1B

Timeline:

08/29/09 ----- AOS Package Mailed (I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131)

08/31/09 ----- Package delivered in Chicago

09/04/09 ----- Checks cashed

09/11/09 ----- Received all 4 NOA´s (Dated 09/04/09)

09/14/09 ----- Received Biometrics Letter for I-485 & I-765 (Appointment: 10/08/09)

10/08/09 ----- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/08/09 ----- AP Approval Notice and EAD Card Production Ordered sent

10/16/09 ----- AP received

10/17/09 ----- EAD received

11/05/09 ----- Interview Appointment Received - Interview on 12/10/09

12/10/09 ----- Interview Approved!!Card production ordered.

12/14/09 ----- Welcome Letter Received

12/22/09 ----- GC Received!!

Filed: Timeline

If you choose to report him, choose ONLY to report that which you know to be a fact and true. Otherwise you dilute any impact you might have. As I see it, you are intending to report information which, at best, is speculative, when you have personal experience which is not. If this person approached YOU to marry in order to evade immigration laws, that is not speculation. Why worry about what arrangement he has with another, when your own past relationship with him could shed light on his true motivation?

those are my thoughts...

Yes, and I have given it long thought to the effects that it may be on our child. But I suppose he should have thought of that before breaking any laws, and no he's not using my information. I check my credit reports on a regular basis and he has no access to any of my other family members or even the personal information of our child....

I already decided that I will report him. I was just asking if it did seem as if he had broken the law based on the information I gave...

Thanks

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.