scarry

new life not wat she expected

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi iam sad to say my wife and i are not going to make it in this marriage iam not mad at her i just want her to be happy and that would be for her to go home to the philippines back with her family the question i have is can she travel home and make it thru immigration with out her green card we have not finished all of the aos stuff yet just did biometrics my udaerstanding is she can leave usa but not return is that right . sorry to bring anyone down from there happiness with this topic

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from Immigration News

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

what do you mean, travel home and make it through immigration? if she is going back to the philippines would she need a green card at that point?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

If she's returning to the Phils, she is free to do that. If she wants to re-enter the U.S., only a green card will allow that unless she gets engaged again to an American, in which case he'd have to start the K-1 process all over again, she'd need to be in the Phils, and be interviewed at Manila.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
hi iam sad to say my wife and i are not going to make it in this marriage iam not mad at her i just want her to be happy and that would be for her to go home to the philippines back with her family the question i have is can she travel home and make it thru immigration with out her green card we have not finished all of the aos stuff yet just did biometrics my udaerstanding is she can leave usa but not return is that right . sorry to bring anyone down from there happiness with this topic

thanks

Already asked and answered. The answer is the same. NO. The only way she can travel back to the Phils is to have AP (advanced parole) but you can only get that if applied for when you applied for AOS.

She can leave...but cannot return unless you file for a spousal visa. How long has she been here? Homesickness is common in a lot of immigrants. Why not find a pinay community where she can meet people and make friends?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

What did she think of marriage anyway, bed of roses?

What did she think of US, land of milk and honey?

She can go back to Philippines whenever she wants too. But if she wants to return here in the US, since she has no AP or greencard, she needs a visa... tourist or spousal visa.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Very sorry to read of your woes, perhaps asawa will reconsider..but as previously mentioned...marriage is not a guaranteed bed of roses..for any of us. Very best of luck for you, God Bless

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

What does this add to the discussion other than making a guy who is feeling bad, feel even worse. Please, cut the guy some slack!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

I am not here to make him feel bad... but think about this, you go through the hassles of K1 and after getting here, you realized its not what you imagined it to be... so you go home then realized you you want to go back then what now...go through another visa process again?

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Timeline

What does this add to the discussion other than making a guy who is feeling bad, feel even worse. Please, cut the guy some slack!

Well, to be perfectly honest...EVERYONE needs to seriously think about this before immigrating. Those kinds of things need to be discussed BEFORE coming to the US. IF this were done, IMHO there would be less of this type situation occuring.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I am not here to make him feel bad... but think about this, you go through the hassles of K1 and after getting here, you realized its not what you imagined it to be... so you go home then realized you you want to go back then what now...go through another visa process again?

I wonder though, do we have stats around this? We know already there are sham ones but for marriage failures due to it's-not-what-i-thoughts, how common is this and what countries? I agree with STEPHnRIA and would probably react the same way. Some beneficiaries don't realize the extent of work USCs need to pull through to get them here. Time, money and emotions all wasted and out the door and only for a reason as cut and dry as "i-thought-i-will-like-it"...it's just tough to understand. Petitioners and beneficiaries alike have serious responsibilities to fully realize that LIFE changes when you migrate. You literally have to talk it out and outline all the what-you-will-be-missing-IFs.

On other note, if my bf pull that line with me "I'm homesick I want to go back to France"... first I'll kick his #### then put him in the basement in shackles. :bonk:

To OP- I hope you can work it out. It sounds like you love her enough to bring her old life back. Why don't you try the AP route and let her go back for a while? If she changes her heart without papers, then what?

Edited by Jonara

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

thanks

Don't forget to get divorced so that both of you can try again if you desire.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It depends on if she wants to come back to the US on if she needs AP. AP is a document that authorizes a resident to return to the USA if they are out of the country for over a year. If she has no intention of ever returning then she wouldn't need an AP. All you would have to do is get divorced and she can fly back home.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline
It depends on if she wants to come back to the US on if she needs AP. AP is a document that authorizes a resident to return to the USA if they are out of the country for over a year. If she has no intention of ever returning then she wouldn't need an AP. All you would have to do is get divorced and she can fly back home.

The AP has an expiry date and if I am not mistaken one cannot be out of the U.S. beyond that date without appearing to have abandoned the AOS process. Read the instructions here. Additionally, the OP's wife can leave whenever she desires. Of course it would be better if the divorce is final before she leaves.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes i agree with that! :dance: (STEPHnRIA).... i will just hope that she gonna change her mind and don't wish to go home, if she really cares for her husband. Life in America is different from life in Philippines. Hope she thinks the effort of what her husband did. As what other commentator says: Money, Effort and Time...etc. America has lots of opportunity if you just look up forward! Only though you don't have much friends because everybody busy to earn money. NO chika chika along the road, not like in Philippines, lol, every morning you can see people making gossips along the road or doing monkey monkey business! I miss that....bwahhhh//////(kidding)Hope she gonna think that. I am just glad that my husband is a church goer and we can meet some folks there. He is not a Catholic though but he likes to be converted and be a Catholic like me. Homesickness is a common problem to everyone of us who migrated here in US. For me that is normal and I am able to cope up with it. I experienced that too when I arrived here last year 2008. Thanks God anyway, for making me strong no matter what. I love my husband so much! That is why I am here with him and take care him for the rest of my life. Age is not an issue. Okay? hheheheh

I won't let your feeling down my friend, i just agree of what other people say here. And just share you a little bit of myself too. God bless you.

Lift up your hands to God and He'll show you the way!

I wonder though, do we have stats around this? We know already there are sham ones but for marriage failures due to it's-not-what-i-thoughts, how common is this and what countries? I agree with STEPHnRIA and would probably react the same way. Some beneficiaries don't realize the extent of work USCs need to pull through to get them here. Time, money and emotions all wasted and out the door and only for a reason as cut and dry as "i-thought-i-will-like-it"...it's just tough to understand. Petitioners and beneficiaries alike have serious responsibilities to fully realize that LIFE changes when you migrate. You literally have to talk it out and outline all the what-you-will-be-missing-IFs.

On other note, if my bf pull that line with me "I'm homesick I want to go back to France"... first I'll kick his #### then put him in the basement in shackles. :bonk:

To OP- I hope you can work it out. It sounds like you love her enough to bring her old life back. Why don't you try the AP route and let her go back for a while? If she changes her heart without papers, then what?

johncelestemary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.