johnj

Waiting Sucks

120 posts in this topic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
...if she wants to pay for her plane ticket and cab fare to the airport.

The plane and cab is cheap, its the boat ride that is expensive.

Well...the more I think about it, the more I realize that I couldn't be such a heartless #######. I'd give her a ride to the airport. Or the docks. It's the moral thing to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Did you keep the girlfriend, after your s/o arrived!

No. But we did work at the same place so I still had to see her sometimes.

I think she helped him type that message. :P

She actually would not talk to me for about three months. Not even so much as a hello. Finally several months later we all went out "as a group" from work and she and my wife met. I thought I was in for the best catfight ever, complete with pudding and/or oil, but they got on OK and did their best to be civil. She did her best to let me know what I was missing and I did my best to wave to my wife whenever she'd glance over at us.

Since I've switched jobs I haven't heard from her again.

oh slim, you should never keep just one. then it gets all relationshippy and sad when your fiance arrives.

I've always had a "primary" and several alternates, (up unitl I was married, of course) and I had full disclosure with this girl before we even started anything. "I have a fiancee, she's coming here in several months.... but in the mean time...." and everything was kosher because she knew about my fiancee and she even liked the fact that I had alternates - let's just say she wasn't afraid to share.

But, like you pointed out, it gets all relationshippy toward the end. I'll give her credit though because she'd catch herself every time and wouldn't cross the line. She'd start going in that direction and then stop herself. Maybe that's why she didn't talk to me for three months!

OMG i cant belive you had a "girlfriend" while waiting for your fiance to get here, even if your fiance new about her/them you should be disgusted with yourself. i hope your finding it hard to be faithful now and i hope your wife opens her eyes to what a pig of a hubby she has!!! i know waiting is hard my fiance and i spent the good part of 3 years being apart before i could make it over here with my visa but at no point did either one of us want to have someone on the side!!!! we believed in being faithful to each other!! if you wanted to play the field then dont get married in the first place! its men like you that give other men a bad name!!! shame on you!!!!

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

She actually would not talk to me for about three months. Not even so much as a hello. Finally several months later we all went out "as a group" from work and she and my wife met. I thought I was in for the best catfight ever, complete with pudding and/or oil, but they got on OK and did their best to be civil. She did her best to let me know what I was missing and I did my best to wave to my wife whenever she'd glance over at us.

oh slim, you should never keep just one. then it gets all relationshippy and sad when your fiance arrives.

I've always had a "primary" and several alternates, (up unitl I was married, of course) and I had full disclosure with this girl before we even started anything. "I have a fiancee, she's coming here in several months.... but in the mean time...." and everything was kosher because she knew about my fiancee and she even liked the fact that I had alternates - let's just say she wasn't afraid to share.

But, like you pointed out, it gets all relationshippy toward the end. I'll give her credit though because she'd catch herself every time and wouldn't cross the line. She'd start going in that direction and then stop herself. Maybe that's why she didn't talk to me for three months!

OMG i cant belive you had a "girlfriend" while waiting for your fiance to get here, even if your fiance new about her/them you should be disgusted with yourself. i hope your finding it hard to be faithful now and i hope your wife opens her eyes to what a pig of a hubby she has!!! i know waiting is hard my fiance and i spent the good part of 3 years being apart before i could make it over here with my visa but at no point did either one of us want to have someone on the side!!!! we believed in being faithful to each other!! if you wanted to play the field then dont get married in the first place! its men like you that give other men a bad name!!! shame on you!!!!

omg this is so 2.5 weeks ago.

omg this is so 2.5 weeks ago.

Sucked you both in..... tsk, tsk.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that it's ok for me to fool around, but not her. That's really how God intended, I don't see any reason to go mucking about with His plan.

Since I'm more modern, I'd say :whistle: What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

And, guys, do i understand you correctly - you are ok if she is also testing all men she wants to test while she is awaiting K1 at he FSU territory, right? Of course with only one noble reason to make a conscious choice. Just to make sure.. no male chauvinism, no? :)

This one sums up your whole post and my answer is yes, it's perfectly OK for her to do it too. Encouraged, actually. Why would she waste all that time "waiting" on me? Have fun, experience life a little bit, go for it.

I look at the whole thing as the Pepsi Challenge. Sure, go out and do whatever with whomever. I know my stuff is the best and I'm sure after you try the competition, you'll still be buying my brand.

Cocky? Exactly. But, what if she did find some dude that was perfect for her? Well, Karma stepped in and saved us both many years and many millions (ha!) of dollars. Thanks Karma! Since karma didn't step in, our karma came together just as it was supposed to. I don't want to try the competition's product now, I know my Pepsi is the best!

Precisely why I love it when "visitors" stop by. Welcome tommy's_girl. Feel free to stop by any time and share nuggets like this one. I love it when folks bust in here and spread the love - especially when they establish their credibility to psychological balance by naming themself after their S/O. Put that one in your pipe and smoke it.

No, seriously, before you even begin to type out a retort to this "testosterone-infused" reply, riddle yourself this - "why did you choose a username that immediately placed you in the position of being owned by a man?"

I know, I know. He's such a good man you're so honored to be called "his" girl, yahdee yahda... ####### runs the world. Period.

Since this is the RUB forum, and we're a good lot, I'll give you one more try - what's the cyclic rate of fire for an AK-47?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Slim, it's not ####### what you're talking about but just a simple abscense of good principles and sort of degrading.

+ about '####### rulling the world'. With all my respect to Mr.Freud , world is a bit more complicated. But there are lucky ones who don't know about that.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-24

NVC received: 2009-10-02

Yellow Envelope received: 2009-10-26

Interview - Dec 18, 2009 :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

what's the cyclic rate of fire for an AK-47?

As fast as you can pull the trigger with major pauses when you swap out mags.

Now with my M1 Garand, there's a pause and a ping after every eigth round.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Timeline

Honestly I just can't understand where you're coming from. Why is this so wrong? I mean, you act like it's some kind of sin or degrading or something. When in fact it's just the opposite. By keeping a woman on the side I'm simply showing my "main" woman that she's the one I really want to be committed to. These other women mean nothing to me other than just a good time. My main woman is the light of my life, while these other women are just flashes in the pan. (oh hell yeah, I'm a goddam poet!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Let's not forget that the K-1 visa is just a three-month contract. Therefore, if one or the other decides not to make a longer-term contract, it is important to have a fall-back plan ready to go. Otherwise we will feel like miserable a$$holes.

The real commitment only starts after both people say "I DO." :devil:

And if you happen to have one of those "open relationships" you can easily invite the "girlfriend" to join for a little fun time, together with the fiancee. :innocent:

Honestly I just can't understand where you're coming from. Why is this so wrong? I mean, you act like it's some kind of sin or degrading or something. When in fact it's just the opposite. By keeping a woman on the side I'm simply showing my "main" woman that she's the one I really want to be committed to. These other women mean nothing to me other than just a good time. My main woman is the light of my life, while these other women are just flashes in the pan. (oh hell yeah, I'm a goddam poet!)

well, ever since your wife got off the island, she's probably just happy you're not her relative.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG you men make me sick.... i may be wrong but the idea of a K1 isnt to wait n see if its going to work!! people who are waiting paitently for their K1 because like me didnt want to spend their first married year of their live living apart, not to see if they if maybe it was going to work out or not ( you should already know that - sure not every marriage is 100%) . we made sure that we wanted to be together before we even thought about applying for a K1. i bloody well hope you paid for her expenses in her home town ( ie medical and visa application) coz id would be mad if i paid all that money just to wait n see if it worked out. i guess you've been lucky so far coz it has worked out. and she is none the wiser, but still shame on you!!! and i dont give a ####### that you made your statement 2.5 weeks ago. its still not right!.....shame on you!!

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

Timeline
OMG you men make me sick.... i may be wrong but the idea of a K1 isnt to wait n see if its going to work!! people who are waiting paitently for their K1 because like me didnt want to spend their first married year of their live living apart, not to see if they if maybe it was going to work out or not ( you should already know that - sure not every marriage is 100%) . we made sure that we wanted to be together before we even thought about applying for a K1. i bloody well hope you paid for her expenses in her home town ( ie medical and visa application) coz id would be mad if i paid all that money just to wait n see if it worked out. i guess you've been lucky so far coz it has worked out. and she is none the wiser, but still shame on you!!! and i dont give a ####### that you made your statement 2.5 weeks ago. its still not right!.....shame on you!!

Grinning about "bloody well hope".

But Tommys_girl, you are right in that it would be pretty risky (for both parties) to spend all of that time, money and effort only to see if things work out. I mean....I realize that everything in life is a risk....or a gamble.....no matter if it's driving down the highway, getting married, or even waking up and getting out of bed in the morning. You never know exactly how it will end. I will allow that, and agree that life is literally a crapshoot.

However, on the matter of infedelity prior to marriage, I still find it strange to have a "second" woman on the side, if you have a woman that you have pledged your love, faith and trust to.....regardless if she is in the middle of Moscow, Russia, or just across the street. If there is some casual relationship whereby neither party has committed to anything official and is still playing the field, comparing options A, B and C......then yes, I can understand that. However, I still question what long term damage might occur in a relationship if one party is thinking that she is the only One, and the other side also thinks that she is the only One as well, but he also has a number Two, number Three and so on.

I also wonder if a relationship developing under these conditions....even if leading right up to marriage...will allow for both couples to truly bond and feel true faith and trust in each other that age, time, other people, financial stresses, life stresses, kids, work, illness, etc will test.....if those bonds are not strong enough, then there is a great possibility that a man or woman would revert to past behavior prior to the "ring" commitment, which could lead to an affair or simply a fracturing of the marriage.

As for the ring factor. A ring is a piece of metal. It is a symbol of something yes, and an engagement or wedding ring does have meaning, and should. But only to the one who wears it, and the one who gave it. It's not merely a toggle switch whereby when you place it on your finger, a referee steps out and blows a whistle declaring the game over, and you are never tempted, or others tempted by you, ever again. Rings have meaning only so long as the people that wear them feel that meaning. Otherwise, pawn shops wouldn't have such a wide selection of used ones. ;)

If there is not already a powerful, dedicated and faithful love present when that ring is put on and worn, then there can, and most probably will, be a day when it is slipped back off that finger and laid down out of frustration, failure or temptation.

'Nuff said.

Peace out.

Mark

Btw, Kailey.......is that a Colt AR-15 you are holding? Your guy must be pretty lucky to have a woman that thinks and feels like you do, and who can also shoot. ;) - M

Timeline
what's the cyclic rate of fire for an AK-47?

As fast as you can pull the trigger with major pauses when you swap out mags.

Now with my M1 Garand, there's a pause and a ping after every eigth round.

That "ping" is really a pretty cool sound, isn't it?

I don't have an M1, but I have 3 Enfields.......love those old WW guns.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.