83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OMG.... my fiance just had his interview in Jordan... things were going fine and suddenly when the CO saw our pics, she decided he was only marrying me for the visa because of our age difference! I am 15 years older, and i was not wearing my false plate in the picture, so he was only marrying me for the visa, according to her. She kept telling him "she has no teeth" He was so upset, he is not even sure if we are denied or what. What can we do? I am soooooo upset. I don't know what to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

call the embassy! make sure your case stays there...is there any way you can go out there? i guess also find out if it's been denied for sure...did they take his passport?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
call the embassy! make sure your case stays there...is there any way you can go out there? i guess also find out if it's been denied for sure...did they take his passport?

I have emailed them. They wont answer calls. I know from trying to get info about the interview. First she told him she was sending it back to the processing center, then she told him she was denying it, so I have no idea. He got a 221 form but there is no reason on it... should there be?

When I emailed, I said I felt we had been discriminated against based solely on my appearance because thats what she kept talking about was how old I looked and asked very little about us and talked about how handsome he was.

I asked for appeal. I hope that was the right thing.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

I have emailed them. They wont answer calls. I know from trying to get info about the interview. First she told him she was sending it back to the processing center, then she told him she was denying it, so I have no idea. He got a 221 form but there is no reason on it... should there be?

When I emailed, I said I felt we had been discriminated against based solely on my appearance because thats what she kept talking about was how old I looked and asked very little about us and talked about how handsome he was.

please come back with any updates so we know the outcome.. that is so sad and unfair.

Timeline

please come back with any updates so we know the outcome.. that is so sad and unfair.

I am talking to him now. The 221 form says we are a sham relationship and its going back to NVC.

Can someone please tell me what happens now?

I feel so lost. I can't breathe.

Timeline
Why did you give those pictures knowing the age difference is so great?

I only made 1 trip. Its all we have together. And no one has ever said anything bad about us before. Only how happy we look and theres no way you could tell the age difference is what everyone says. Its crazy

Timeline

i think you should call your senator and congressman immediately, like when they open up in the morning and tell them of your situation. :( sorry to hear about all this, wish i could offer more advice :crying:

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You need to fight to keep the application at the embassy, stop them from sending it back. As bothers have said, get your elected representatives involved, and request a second interview. If there is any way at all, go out there for that interview so they see you together.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
You need to fight to keep the application at the embassy, stop them from sending it back. As bothers have said, get your elected representatives involved, and request a second interview. If there is any way at all, go out there for that interview so they see you together.

How do i request the interview?

I did so in an email already.

But we only have until Sept 22 and our time expires... then what?

Timeline

How do i request the interview?

I did so in an email already.

But we only have until Sept 22 and our time expires... then what?

And i will move hell and high water to be there

Timeline

call your people today. now. when they open. they should know how to go about doing this. and i'd get in touch with the embassy and demand another interview...that's just BS that they're gonna deny you because of pics...come on!

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Would you consider posting the pic that got you denied? It may be of value to see what the CO saw and get a feeling of how strict and picky she was.

Also, age difference may be a red flag and meeting only once, definitely a red flag. May be if you could fly there and go to the 2nd interview together - that could help. If you have a good relationship , hopefully CO will see it, pictures do not always do justice.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. But I'd like to see the pic... it's hard to believe that they'd base their decision on a picture. How many pics did you send? Did she comment on only one pic, or did she comment on all of them?

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.