sara.....

OMG WE GOT IT WE GOT IT

213 posts in this topic

Sarah!

Fantastic News! You and Pervis are truly blessed (though His blessing came extremely slow in your case!)

Your patience and love are a wonderful example to the world.

God Bless You on the rest of your VJourney!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

wow sara even i dont know you when i read your words my eyes filled with tears, i remember you from 6 months waiting club, this is amazing news dear after waiting for such a long time :) congratz and lets hope everything will go smoother from now on!!! :thumbs:

happy dance for you :dance: :dance: :dance:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
in all this excitement it finally hit me what do we do now?

sara

First off, congratulations!!

To answer your question all of this is available on VJ but you may need to go to your benificiaries Consulate web page. It will describe how that consulate does its business. They all have some differences.

You need to get ready for the interview. Like a previous poster who answered this question from you, it never too soon to start to have the benificary get together all of the materials that will be needed for the interview. What happens is once the case goes to the consulate that will decide on the K1 visa, they will send a packet to the benificiary. This is packet 3. It has instructions on what you need for the interview and will tell you that when you have all of those things to send a reply (enclosed in packet 3) back to them and then they will set up your interview. That is why if you start collecting these documents now, by the time you need everything, you will have it. Once you send the response to the packet 3 list of what you need to get your interview appointment, you will get your interview appointment. Usually this takes place in the country where the benificiary lives but your case has gone on so long from what I am reading, perhaps you two are already living together. In any case, once you reply that you have your packet ready, you will get packet 4 which has a couple more forms and most importantly your interview date and time. It will also give you places to have the physical exam. I suggest that you try to be together for this. The benificiary can use the support. It is not just a one day thing. There is the physical, the interview, and in most cases a short wait for the visa to be put into your passport. Not all Consulates do it the same way. Where we had it done, they collected a fee and when it was done (3 days) it was mailed to a post office near the Consulate so we ended up staying in the city where the consulate was for 7 days. Much longer than I thought.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bless your heart! You derserve this! Congrats to you and Perviz. God-willing the rest of your journey will be a fast one. Again, congrats and All the best!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations! After reading other posters' comments, I realized that you are well known with many sympathizers. I had to read your timeline and I was absolutely astounded at the bungling incompetancy you have encountered. Even more astounded that you have not seen each other in over 2 years! How do you manage to survive such a separation? I also noticed many posters here with timelines of 4, 6, 8 plus months since a last visit. How do all of you manage that? And is the reason for such long separations strictly one of finances? I guess we are extremely fortunate that I own my own company and I can literally work from anywhere as long as I have a high speed internet connection, so I have more flexibility than the average person.

Does anyone know if there is a thread about the topic of "How often you see your significant other and the reasons behind your timeframes?" I would be interested to read that. Despite being on line in skype with Dora twice a day and talking on the phone in-between, I am hard pressed to be able to wait more than 6 weeks between visits. I can't necessarily afford the frequent visits, but I make them anyway.....

5/20/08 Met through a mutual friend in Medellin

7/02/08 - 10/27/08 Visited 5 times

12/08/08 6th Visit Medellin (gave "Promise" ring to be exclusive)

1/22/09 - 6/21/09 4 more visits. 6/22/09 GOT ENGAGED!

7/25/09 11th Visit Met in Panama

9/19/09 12th Visit Met in Medellin for Dial Del Amor y Amistad

6/23-7/21 Gathered paperwork and applied for I-129F 7/24/09 USCIS acknowledges Receipt of I-129F application NOA1

9/28/09 NOA2 received!!! Only 66 days! 10/02/09 NSC Received and completed Application and sent to Bogota

10/02/09 Embassy received application (my lawyer is two weeks behind informing me - time line information learned on 10/15/09)

10/09/09 Embassy sent out Package 3 10/15/09 Package 3 not received - downloaded forms from website.

10/16/09 Submitted DS-2100 and Ds-230 to apply for interview date. 10/23/09 Received Interview date (had to call DOS)

12/09/09 Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/07/10 Arrived in Miami, cleared Immigration with no problems. Arrived in Charlotte to a freaking cold spell 55 degrees colder than Dora has ever experienced.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
we got touched on the 25th then nothing then this morning NOA2

thank you all of u for ur prayers and support i cant think of anything else to say other than i have to call perviz

sara

WOW! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I am so happy for you!!! I hope the rest of the journey comes like a breeze...and I wish you and your loved one the greatest luck on your life together.... I am sure you can endure everything after enduring this hard test!!! CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow very good news :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thank you all of u for ur prayers and support i cant think of anything else to say other than i have to call perviz

sara

A massive congratulations to you both...

:star:

Claire xx

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

Congratulations Sara!!! :dancing: :joy:

I'm so glad for you. Nobody deserves this more than you.

Wishing you a speedy and hassle free rest of your K-1 journey. :thumbs:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That is really great news! Congrats and best wishes on the next steps :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

sara

:dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Wonderful News!!!!!!

So happy for you both :dance:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.