Lappa1

Please Help for my 2nd interview

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody,

I need your help. You were helping me for this entair immigration process. Right now, I don't what should I do. Couple of days ago I saw "YOu have been scheduled for a interview in the District offcie" online status and received the actual letter to appear for interview for 9th. I have already finished my interview in April. The decision could not be made. I remeber I ID is expaired beofre the interview and could not give attach a new one with my applycation. They did not ask my my spouse's divorice degree during the first interview. They don't have copy of that too.

I have already passed the cuvuc and English on April. Is this strang for calling for 2nd interview? What should I do? I have contacted some people in the forum personaly for advise and they did not respond. Please help. You are the GURUS. I don't have money to spend to give a lawyer.

Lappa

I do not know if anyone has the perfect answer for you - time will tell of course - your previous posts may help others give you a better answer.

I can only say - bring anything and everything you feel will help to the interview - this way you have it if they ask.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You have no timeline but I assume you are applying for naturalisation based on marriage to a USC. Based on that, and your previous topic, at a guess they may not be sure about your marriage being genuine(I take it no more online status updates, or RFEs?). So my suggestion would be to bring with you lots of relationship proof and proof that you live together.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I've heard of several people who took 2nd interviews, it happens often, don't worry! If you're scheduled for a 2nd interview, it means either you did not provide enough evidence of marital union, were missing docs, did not meet the residency requirements or some of your docs expired or other reasons as well (no adjudcation officer on the spot so supervisor decision is required...) In any case, you must take every piece of evidence you have for the 2nd interview, it's a second chance. Take all utility bills, tax papers, mortgage, insurance, lease, bank statements that you can think of. take anything that establishes that you reside at your address, even personal letters if needed. You said you passed the English and Civics test so you have to prove you have a bonafide marriage if you applied based on 3 years or your continuous residence and tax payment if you applied based on 5 years. Also you mentoned your ID had expired, did you get a new one? Be very thorough and don't take any chances. Good luck!

Edited by Tini27

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 TIMELINE / NYC District Office

03/10/09--------SENT

03/16/09--------NOA priority date

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/01/09--------FP notice date

04/14/09--------FP DATE

06/01/09--------IL notice date

07/23/09--------IL DATE -----APPROVED

08/04/09--------Oath --------US CITIZEN

08/04/09--------Applied for passport

08/14/09--------Received passport

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Come on!!!!!!!! Write somehting what you thing. Please don't just read and leave me anlone. I need to know what's in your mind.

If you post something, you really should give people more time to respond that just nine minutes. :)

Did you call the 800 number to ask if they can give you any information on what might be going on?

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the DO with ny 2nd interview letter. After waiting almost 2 hours a young officer called to his office and told me that I am not suppose to be there today and he has nothing to do with the application because the other officer already went thrrough it. Everything looks in order. We don't have enough emplyees here. ( I guess that's mean they don't have supervisor to look my file today?) I asked then why did they call me for interview. He said it already over 5 months after the interview and he does not know how I got a 2nd interview letter. I asked could he print an another interview letter or give me some other's day appointment? I took a day's off from work to come here. The officer said if they want something they will let me know. Wait something to get in mail.

He also asked is my hubby was there with me? I did not bring him because on the first interview the officer did not let him to come to the office and sit with me. (That was true and my hybby was not happy with that either. The IO was ignoring him on that day.) I said give me a 30 minute and let me bring him here right now.

Finally the IO said it does not matter if he is here or not because we don't have enough people to work.

He even did not ask me to sit or take a pledge. This all conversation was by standing. He finally took the file from the table and walked away. He was leading me to the door and called an another person to be interviewed.

My guess is the 2nd letter was a mistake. The file is waiting to get reviewed by supervisor and they are back logged. What do you think? Please write me......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it does sound like you received the second interview letter by mistake. The IO sounds like he was really feeling flustered since he mentioned them being short staffed so often. Hopefully, this will get them moving on your file soon and you will receive your oath letter. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 7 months later...

OK, time to write something about my case. I have been keeping in touch with USCIS by calling 1800 and last month the person transfered me to a IO who was very nice. He made a sevice request. I made INFOPASS appointments several times. Sometimes the officer made me to write a service request and an another time the officer said after sept 11 they need an extra backround check-up and said I have GC to travel why I need citizenship. It has been a year after the interview. I asked the officer when would hear a decision, do I have to make an another INFOPASS, he said I can go there every day. So, I went there again the next day. This time I got an another nice lady officer. She looked into the computer and said my file moved into a juridicator's table last week and he would make a decision soon. My FP is expiring today. I told that to the officer. She said they will send me an another FP appointment letter or oath letter. I made a service request again, she took copy of the interview result and said she was going to give this to the juridicator(whatever it is). The bottom point is I am still waiting.

Edited by Lappa1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You still haven't had a decision? Lappa1, it is time for you to contact your Representative or Senator's office and ask them to find out what is going on. Waiting a full year after an interview for a decision is not acceptable. If they can't decide then they need either to have another interview or ask you for more documentation. This is very unfair to you.

Contact the office of your Congressman or Senator- you can probably find them on line and get their phone numbers and addresses that way. You will need to fill out a permission statement that will allow them to investigate on your behalf. Many of them actually have these forms on their websites and you can print them out and then mail or fax them to the office. Once they have your permission they can start contacting USCIS and find out why you have had to wait so long. They should be able to get a decision for you and hopefully very soon.

You will need to re-do the biometrics as they need to be valid, but if you passed the test the first time I don't see why you would have to re-do the test. If they need more documents, then they should just request them. Hopefully you won't have to do the interview again. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.