susie123

CR1 visa denial

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear All

My husband (US ciizen) and I got married in April 2007, he filed the necessary paperwork in May 2007. I was approved in January 2008 and my visa interview was scheduled for October 2008 which was postponed by the Guyana Embassy to December 2008. I went for the interview and was told that I needed to bring back my husband for a joint interview. He came to Guyana in January 2009 and we had the interview on Friday 30 January. The interviewed us separately and after my husband the US citizen they told him the interview was over and the case is now under administrative processing.

The questions at the interview varied from what our sex life is like, when we last had sex, if we had sex the first time we met, I was really embarrassed but choose to answer all questions truthfully. I am a 48 year old woman and my husband is 62 we have both been married before. A mutual friend introduced us and we have the letter to prove it. We also submitted pictures of our wedding which we had at a hindu temple a small ceremony just between friends and family (which they did not look at) and other times when he came on vacation, western union receipts that he supports me financially, the rent receipts that our apartment is rented in both our names, phone records, letters we write each other, our joint US tax return.

April 2009 I received a letter from the Guyana Embassy stating that I did not establish that my relationship was genuine and my visa was denied under 221g and is being sent to the US for further administrative processing. This is August and I have not heard a thing from them. My husband did call the State Department and they said they wrote a letter to be sent out but they did not know the date it will be sent. I find that strange.

My questions are can the US embassy in Guyana deny an spousal immigration visa and what is the process of denying a visa when it returns to the US. I would love to hear your views

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Dear All

My husband (US ciizen) and I got married in April 2007, he filed the necessary paperwork in May 2007. I was approved in January 2008 and my visa interview was scheduled for October 2008 which was postponed by the Guyana Embassy to December 2008. I went for the interview and was told that I needed to bring back my husband for a joint interview. He came to Guyana in January 2009 and we had the interview on Friday 30 January. The interviewed us separately and after my husband the US citizen they told him the interview was over and the case is now under administrative processing.

The questions at the interview varied from what our sex life is like, when we last had sex, if we had sex the first time we met, I was really embarrassed but choose to answer all questions truthfully. I am a 48 year old woman and my husband is 62 we have both been married before. A mutual friend introduced us and we have the letter to prove it. We also submitted pictures of our wedding which we had at a hindu temple a small ceremony just between friends and family (which they did not look at) and other times when he came on vacation, western union receipts that he supports me financially, the rent receipts that our apartment is rented in both our names, phone records, letters we write each other, our joint US tax return.

April 2009 I received a letter from the Guyana Embassy stating that I did not establish that my relationship was genuine and my visa was denied under 221g and is being sent to the US for further administrative processing. This is August and I have not heard a thing from them. My husband did call the State Department and they said they wrote a letter to be sent out but they did not know the date it will be sent. I find that strange.

My questions are can the US embassy in Guyana deny an spousal immigration visa and what is the process of denying a visa when it returns to the US. I would love to hear your views

I feel just horrible for you and your husband and wish I had good advice to share other than to suggest you and your husband shop for a decent attorney.

I would write letters to every single entity involved in this entire process defending your case. Have your husband Write a long detailed statement outlining your story and the injustice done to you, make copies, address them to the appropriate dept. and send them all by registered mailed to USCIS, DOS, NVC and the Embassy. (UPS with tracking for the Embassy). At the very least you'll get a little attention. It may or may not help, but action gets some result.

Take care and keep strong.

Edited by hkgaur

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

i am feel bad for u too, u also need a good immigration attorney too. call ur senator and see what he can do for u. good luck. abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

wow....are you kidding? can they really ask you such private details??? that's......disturbing. sorry to hear about this :( i'd be mortified.... :( :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

have your husband contact his senators to see if they can keep the petition in your country. there is a good resource on returned petitions: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

once you get past the posts of wanting it pinned, there is some good information. many people have gone through the same heartache and have overcome, and you can too :thumbs:

have your husband contact marc ellis, he is on this site as ellis-island is his profile, and a darn good attorney.

lastly, if it does come back to the uscis, then, since you are already married, they will issue you an NOID (notice of intent to deny) or an NOIR (notice of intent to revoke). they will give him a certain length of time some 15 some 30 days to respond. so make sure you have gathered all of the additional information to form a great rebuttal to their findings. marc is highly recommended, and has done several cases on returned petitions. if you do not use him, make sure you find someone who is well-versed on the subject, and has evidence to prove they have dealt with the situation before. when we had our petition returned, our previously hired attorney came clean and said he has never done any case like ours before. so again, make sure they know what they are doing, or you will be wasting your time. you are in a delicate situation, and time is of the essence. good luck in your process. i am a firm believer that love will find a way :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

have your husband contact his senators to see if they can keep the petition in your country. there is a good resource on returned petitions: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

once you get past the posts of wanting it pinned, there is some good information. many people have gone through the same heartache and have overcome, and you can too :thumbs:

have your husband contact marc ellis, he is on this site as ellis-island is his profile, and a darn good attorney.

lastly, if it does come back to the uscis, then, since you are already married, they will issue you an NOID (notice of intent to deny) or an NOIR (notice of intent to revoke). they will give him a certain length of time some 15 some 30 days to respond. so make sure you have gathered all of the additional information to form a great rebuttal to their findings. marc is highly recommended, and has done several cases on returned petitions. if you do not use him, make sure you find someone who is well-versed on the subject, and has evidence to prove they have dealt with the situation before. when we had our petition returned, our previously hired attorney came clean and said he has never done any case like ours before. so again, make sure they know what they are doing, or you will be wasting your time. you are in a delicate situation, and time is of the essence. good luck in your process. i am a firm believer that love will find a way :thumbs:

Marc Ellis email is: marcellislaw@gmail.com

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much for your advice. My husband took a lawyer to fill out the paper work and mail it in and so on. She did not even prepare us for the interview. My friend give me a list of possible questions which we used to prepare for the joint interview. The last time my husband spoke with her she said she is waiting for the papers to come back to the US before she could deal with it. Now we realise our mistake it has been about 5 months and still we do not know whether the papers are in Guyana or went back to the US. My friend (faith actually brought us together) she was in a similar position with me. We lived in the same apartment complex and we shared what we know on our cases. I know for sure her case had a lot of problems because the first time her husband sponsored her her visa was denied. She took this lawyer Susan B Henner and she got her visa within a month of this lawyer handling the case, and there another neighbor case she worked on but his is a work visa and he and his family got through. Susan Henner has experience with visa denials in my country but now we have more options in which to choose. I am so frustrated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

IF they cant prove its back, then work, work, work to keep it there NOW. They dont deny but recommend a denial. It will come back for review, from there im not sure of the steps to re examine but it doesnt expire like the k1 would have.. IF it has left they should be able to give you the POUCH number, so ask for this from the embassy

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Call your senator or congressman. They can find out what's happening way better than any lawyer.

Been there, done that!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I really feel sorry about what happened with your petition. I hope God will find the way to have a clear answers with your situation.

And the questions they asked to you and to your husband is totally freaks me out, I think it's out of the box, It seems like they are just playing with you around because of your age.

Anyhow, I hope everything will be fine.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dear All

Sorry to hear about your case being treated in that way. To answer your first question; any embassy can deny any immigration/nonimmigration if they do not think you meet the requirements. I would contact an immigration attorney for assistance with the other question.

JNR

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Posts responding to this 1 1/2 year old thread have been removed and the thread closed to further comment. The situation has moved on in the time intervening and unless it is the OP updating the circumstances, there is no need to resurrect an old thread.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.