DanielleandChad

Good but unexpected news

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I am so stressed and unable to sleep. I don't mean to burden any of you on here because I know everyone has a lot on their own minds and dealing with these processes is so draining.

I married my husband Chad at the end of July here in the states and we have spent everyday since the day following it trying to gather everything that is needed to get this ball rolling. And by everything I mean all the paperwork together as well as the money since as well all know it's not cheap. Other people who haven't been in this situation wouldn't think getting these paper's together and filling out all these forms was time consuming and stressful but it really is, as you all know. I admire each and everyone of you that are on here and all those that aren't but have gone through and are still going through this.

I haven't been feeling good recently and I thought I was coming down with a cold or it was just stress, since last month I was sick and on antibiotics. So I went to the doctor this morning since they were open til 2pm and I'm not sick I'm pregnant. I honestly thought my doctor was pulling my leg. I said I think you may have mixed up my cup with another woman's because I'm on birth control and I practice um how shall I safe "safe sex". And he looked at my chart and said you were in here last month and you were prescribed antibiotics did you not know that they affect your birth control? I said no but that would have been nice to know.

Don't get me wrong I am so happy that I'm pregnant, I love my husband and this is an absolute blessing! I just can't put into words how I feel except to say that I feel so overwhelmed right now. I'm even more scared now knowing this then I was before when it comes to the CR-1 and what the outcome will be. I have a daughter who will be 8 in October who has a depressed immune system so she is home schooled and constantly at the doctor. I was in a car accident almost three years ago and suffered serious injuries and because of it I'm legally disabled. I'm sacred that their is going to be problems and we will be seperated for months and I will be going through this pregnancy alone.

My husband tells me to keep these thoughts out of my head and that everything will work itself out and to not stress but I just don't know. He's over the moon that I'm pregnant and dare I even say emotional about it. Shhhh don't tell him that I told you all that, you know how some guys are about emotions. This will be his first child and he's always wanted to be a daddy and I just wish and pray that everything goes ok and that he is able to be an active part of everything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

congratulations! and everything will work out, stay healthy, happy, and safe.... best wishes to you and your family

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the incoming baby!

I am actually really shocked that the doctor did not ask whether you were on BC or not, and did not bother to tell you that there is a potential for interaction between the two. If I am ever on antibiotics, there is no sex in this house!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Congratulations and all the best for you and your family!

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Congrats on the incoming baby!

I am actually really shocked that the doctor did not ask whether you were on BC or not, and did not bother to tell you that there is a potential for interaction between the two. If I am ever on antibiotics, there is no sex in this house!

Thank you.

The doctor I saw last month wasn't my regular G/P he was another doctor in the office. But I am upset that he didn't mention that to me since that is the first question the ask you when their weighing you and taking your temp., what medications are you taking if any and I always say birth control. If I had knows the possibilities I would have declared a no fly zone in the house, lol. :yes:

congratulations! and everything will work out, stay healthy, happy, and safe.... best wishes to you and your family

Thank you enraptured, I do hope that it all does. :)

congrats best wishes

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Congratulations! I know you're a bit shocked. That won't last! It's all worth it! Take your vitamins! :)

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Congratulations! And don't stress yourself out. I know it sounds like a platitude, but studies have shown it is not good for the baby. I know it's easier to say than do. I totally obsessed over my pregnancy, so I'm one to talk.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I'm scared that there is going to be problems and we will be seperated for months and I will be going through this pregnancy alone. My husband tells me to keep these thoughts out of my head and that everything will work itself out and to not stress but I just don't know.

Your husband is right on! Don't allow 'any' negative thoughts to take you over...as soon as you 'catch' yourself doing that, think of something else. Remember...positivity begets positivity! We human beings have a bad habit of doing this....'worrying' and what does it ever get us? More Worrying!.. and it seems, more problems.

Now that you're having a sweet little baby, think of him/her only and what your future as a family is going to be like. Be Happy!

He's over the moon that I'm pregnant and dare I even say emotional about it. Shhhh don't tell him that I told you all that, you know how some guys are about emotions. This will be his first child and he's always wanted to be a daddy.

Aahhh! That is so sweet!

Edited by hkgaur

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes doctors aren't that courteous! Whenever my doctor would prescribe me something, she wouldn't even bother going over the side effects. Something like how an antibiotic could effect your birth control is definitely something that should have been disclosed.

Congrats on your little blessing! It may not seem like an ideal situation right now, but life has a funny way of working out. Just try to stay positive and keep everything into perspective. Keep up updated on how the pregnancy is going! I'd love to hear about it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.