Brian&Naty

Naty discovers dogs are cool

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Naty was totally fascinated with my friends toy poodles. "My god, they are like children, they know what I am saying to them". Dogs are not really pets in the Philippines. She laughed when she saw the little outfits for the dogs. It is kind of insane the way we love our pets. what did your SO think?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Naty was totally fascinated with my friends toy poodles. "My god, they are like children, they know what I am saying to them". Dogs are not really pets in the Philippines. She laughed when she saw the little outfits for the dogs. It is kind of insane the way we love our pets. what did your SO think?

Do poodles really count as dogs?

My wife perfers dogs over cats but not a big pet person. I don't know if I could spend the rest of my life with a cat lover.

I noticed that a lot of dogs run wild in the Philippines and that there isn't much of that pet feeling when it comes to dogs. That was my experience.

I love dogs. I have 3 of them here in Manila namely Arab, Athena and Koala. I already asked my husband If I can have one when I get to US. He just shrugged his shoulder as he is not a dog person...I guess, it's a yes though, hehehe..

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am from Europe so I am used to pets- though our own dog is outside during the day, which as a European I find strange, we keep our pets with us and bring them shopping etc; shopping centers would have little dog huts outside. What you say reminds me of the guidelines I received when sponsoring a child in Kenya through Plan International though, they say not to write to your "foster" child about politics and religion, which is understandable, but also not to write about pets because the concept is alien to many African and Asian cultures.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

My husband's family has cats, but they serve a purpose. They aren't for petting and playing with. He was okay with my cat, but he really did little more than tolerate him. Sadly, the cat disappeared during our holidays almost two years ago. He was sorry for me, but he didn't really care.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

wow, so disappointed..thought this was a thread about my brother natty..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my husband was scared to death of dogs when he first got here. then for my 2 year anniversary he said ok get a dog...but im not touching it or taking care of it. i dont want anything to do with it. now that little dog is his baby girl.