pedroh

Old ladies who pay with checks

Why do people use checks?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use checks?

• For Everything, it's easier to balance my account that way
    • Only for necessary check payments or special cases (i.e deposits, rent, downpayments, etc)
    • I'm cool as fvck and carry a case with $100 bills all the time
    • If they don't withdraw from my account, I don't do business with them, suckas
    • For everything because I'm an annoying person
  2. 2. If you use checks for everything, how old are you?

• 18-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • and old fart/lady
    • I don't use checks for everything, just for special situations
  3. 3. If you are politely reminded that for a certain item (i.e time card) only cash or debit card is allowed, you:

• Have a fit, say you've been using checks for 40 years and other reasons nobody gives a flying fvck, and leave the store
    • Act like a douchegeek and say you can check your balance in your iphone, and other reasons nobody gives a flying fvck
    • stay cool, and say sure I have cash/debit card, and stop annoying the cashier and customer behind you
    • You are the fvckin cool guy/girl that carries a case with cash everywhere you go, and say sure, here's a $100 keep the change sucka'

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

today, I had the honor of having that special customer for the day, an 84 yo lady who wanted a prepaid phone and a housephone.. after 2 hours of weird and unusual questions, and a rant of why we don't carry GE phones with caller ID's, she decided to get the cell phone and the house phone.. I politely reminded her, that for the air time card we only accepted cash or debit cards, since the system won't let us use a check... and suddenly, her good mood turned into irate confusion, tried to lesson me on how she's been using checks for blablabla years, and that she won't do business with a company who doesn't trust her checks.. then I went to cry in the backroom, a coworker got me a cookie and a glass of oj.. then regained my composure, and came up with this non-biased poll..

seriously, checks?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I pay cash for everything.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I use checks for things like wedding gifts, and the occasional bill that I can't pay online.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone try to pay for something with a check at a store.

P.S. What is a time card?

Timeline

argh if you don't pay everything with checks you cannot check an age group!! don't spoil the poll!!

:wacko:

whoever did that lol

I use checks for things like wedding gifts, and the occasional bill that I can't pay online.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone try to pay for something with a check at a store.

P.S. What is a time card?

prepaid card to load minutes into a cellphone

btw Jenn i've seen it a lot here, people who buy 11 dollars worth of groceries with a check.. ####### #######

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

My fiance pays all his bills with checks.

I told him to stop being old and use online banking, it saves paper and mailing time :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

TBH, I understand her frustration. I thought most merchants have a phone check system where they verify whether the person actually has the funds in their account? I know that checks are being used less, but considering the lady's age, but can't merchants make exception for little ol' ladies? :)

Timeline
TBH, I understand her frustration. I thought most merchants have a phone check system where they verify whether the person actually has the funds in their account? I know that checks are being used less, but considering the lady's age, but can't merchants make exception for little ol' ladies? :)

steve, you don't get it..

the system won't take checks,period, the computer says, no checks, u can't bypass it.. they want cash for it, that's the way it works.. I'm sure you're an annoying retail customer too

(jk, but srsly, u can't bypass it, and being old is no excuse, old people know what credit cards are)

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We use cheque only for rent. I used to use debit card but the awesome bank in US allows me only 4 debit transaction per month, so I use CC and pay it all at a certain date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i dont use checks but there was no option for money order so i made the choice of check for rent and stuff.

today there was a lady mmm maybe 70 i was trying to check out fast and come home she insisted that the clerk in k mart allow her to use pencil to make out her check and sign it, she has been doing it for all her life that way blah blah blah her husband was trying to tell her no dear normally u use ink it was a mess i know she must be suffering from some sort of elderly disease but dangggggggggggg

i ended up going to a different line

sara

Timeline

well i'd consider money order as cash, since u have to pay with cash to get one...

but yea, same,I pay my rent with a check, but that;s about it...

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline

the funniest thing I remember, back in the old town, were people who only paid with checks, but didn't know how to write! seriously.. this ain't no joke, I remember writing down the info in the check for the customer, and writing the amount, talk about fvcked up.. and they say, nahh I don't trust debit cards, I'm good with checks..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

steve, you don't get it..

the system won't take checks,period, the computer says, no checks, u can't bypass it.. they want cash for it, that's the way it works.. I'm sure you're an annoying retail customer too

(jk, but srsly, u can't bypass it, and being old is no excuse, old people know what credit cards are)

Trader Joe's accepts checks, you young whippersnapper! :jest: