akdiver

Wife got citizenship, announced she wanted divorce the next day?

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Has this ever happened to anyone? Just curious.

Hasn't happened to me. She did get citizenship recently, and we sent off for her U.S. passport, but we're still happily married. Coming up on our fourth wedding anniversary (less than a month). My, does time fly!

Cheers!

AKD

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't happened to me. She did get citizenship recently, and we sent off for her U.S. passport, but we're still happily married. Coming up on our fourth wedding anniversary (less than a month). My, does time fly!

Cheers!

AKD

A repeat teaser? Happy anniversary AK!

za21.gif

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Cheers!

AKD

MODS, please remove this troll. Has no place here.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from Russian forum. Topic title changed to more accurately reflect post.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Great, now he gets to spam this forum! :rolleyes:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Cheers!

AKD

MODS, please remove this troll. Has no place here.

AKDiver is a longterm Russian forum member. I think this should be moved back to the Russian forum.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, I am going to make a 'mod' decision and just close this topic. It was originally worded to be 'dramatic' and was probably set up to troll for over-reactions. To the OP - congratulations on your wife's citizenship. This topic is now closed.

I have been asked to re-open this thread so congratulations can be offered. With the original topic phrasing it was not obvious this is what the OP was after. I am going to accept that this was an attempt at humour even though it didn't come across that way. Please post with this in mind, thank you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Congrats AK, it's nice to see you around again. Don't be a stranger!!

Oh btw, went diving for the first time in about 6 months last weekend and the weekend before. Both days visibility was only about 8' (we get a lot of plankton this time of year), but it was good to be back in the water!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good to see you back AK.

Congratulations on the citizenship.

As for divorce, it actually happens more times then you think. The divorce is filed the day after the citizenship ceremony. For many petitioners this is the last step before they get paid the full amount for their services in "helping" someone come to the US. In other cases the wife completes her journey in moving up in the world for herself and her kids.

As for VJ, we cannot encourage this kind of activity. For those confused moderators, this post does not encourage this activity, it simply acknowledges that it does happen in the real world.

Edited by Satellite

Filed: Timeline
As for VJ, we cannot encourage this kind of activity. For those confused moderators, this post does not encourage this activity, it simply acknowledges that it does happen in the real world.

I doubt the purpose was anything so grave. Like most of the rest of this forum, AKDiver's got a quirky sense of humor. It takes a light touch to moderate the RU forum, and most of the time the mods get it wrong in all but the most obvious cases. Which is why we've had some RU members step up and offer to help mod this forum, but so far their offers have gone unanswered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do worry about people who really don't take the time to get to know their fiancee's before asking them to marry. It breaks my heart to see other people get their heart's broken. It really does. I think if you get to know your SO really well, meet their family, spend time talking to them, you will develop an honest and unconditional trust that will not be broken.

Congrats on the 4 years.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

I doubt the purpose was anything so grave. Like most of the rest of this forum, AKDiver's got a quirky sense of humor. It takes a light touch to moderate the RU forum, and most of the time the mods get it wrong in all but the most obvious cases. Which is why we've had some RU members step up and offer to help mod this forum, but so far their offers have gone unanswered.

I'm thinking inmates running the asylum mox. We shouldn't hold our breath.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cheers!

AKD

I have a good friend whose wife just got her U.S. citizenship; and, sadly, I expect to hear about her divorcing him (just any day now).

You didn't ask, but she is Ukrainian. And it seems of all the Russian couples I personally know (30 to 40 couples), the Ukrainian spouses are the most difficult - come to the U.S.; get married; get SSN and driver's license; maybe get some additional college paid for; acquire U.S. citizenship; and then go and file for divorce, claiming their American husbands don't treat them well. - This is only a few, but it sickens me when I see it happen.

from Andrew

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Congrats AK, it's nice to see you around again. Don't be a stranger!!
I think the posts between posts #2 and this one adequately demonstrate (mod move, topic close, topic open, topic name change, etc.) that people on here take themselves WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously - hence the reason why I've long since given up on this place and stopped posting here. I just stopped in to say "hello" (in my own special way of course) to the few of you who are kindred spirits (you know who you are). Probably be another year (or longer) before I stop by for another "hello" (:

Oh btw, went diving for the first time in about 6 months last weekend and the weekend before. Both days visibility was only about 8' (we get a lot of plankton this time of year), but it was good to be back in the water!
Lucky you! Last time I went diving was in Cozumel, back in March. We both had a good time - wife and I got in about 15 dives (: Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.