I AM NOT THAT GUY

Bill Cosby comments on Obama’s statement on Harvard prof’s arrest

146 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
In my opinion it hard to make judgements or comments about racial profiling unless you have experienced it for yourself first hand. It is interesting to me that so many people have an opinion about something that they may never experience in their lives. I have been a firsthand witness to racial profiling with my husband.

When this is happening to you, you seriously think that this type of thing is impossible, people have rights...

This happens far more in this country than anyone is willing to admit. It is humiliating and degrading. It is an outrage that this continues to happen.

Please step back put yourself in the situation and ask yourself, how would you react? Feel? What would you do?

How would you like to come home from a long trip, and then have a run in with the police in your own home? What would you do? How would you react?

When our situation happened to us (it has also happened to my husband when I have not been with him as well)I was horrified, I felt helpless, I felt violated. I was in utter disbelief that this was happening to us. I replayed the senario over and over in my head...how could things have gone differently??

As long as we as a country continue to let this behavior pass, as long as we as a country continue to look the other way, it will continue to happen.

Maybe if it were to come so close to your own lives you would see it in from a different view.

maybe it's just me, but i let my neighbors know when i'm leaving on a trip and when i expect to be back - plus stop over to let them know i'm back.

ALL your neighbors?? Or just the a few you are closest to? It could have been someone from down the block who happened to drive by at an opportune time...we really don't know do we?

Yes Charles I do notify my neighbors and we keep an eye out on things for each other, but not everyone has that type of relationship with their neighbors.

the ones that i know keep an eye on things. which is the two closest to me.

from what i recall out of the original thread on the story, it sounded like a neighbor living very close to the house, not someone from down the road. ;)

not everyone has that type of relationship with their neighbors.

Especially not here in the Boston area, I'd have to say.

maybe boston ain't that great, eh?

Down the block to me and down the block to you are obviously different...I said down the block...to me, more than my immediate neighbor to the left , right or directly across the street. You took my down the block comment and interpreted "down the road". As we see here in this very thread there is a lot to human interpretaion... isnt there? ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Depends on what you like. I don't really care to know my neighbors. Nosy bastards would probably call the cops on me.

don't sound too friendly there in any event.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Depends on what you like. I don't really care to know my neighbors. Nosy bastards would probably call the cops on me.

It's not for everybody, especially those not raised here. For me it's normal. I have friends to be friendly with. I don't really care to make small talk with strangers, call it what you like.

I'd be glad to not have you move here since you wouldn't like it. :D

Timeline
In my opinion it hard to make judgements or comments about racial profiling unless you have experienced it for yourself first hand. It is interesting to me that so many people have an opinion about something that they may never experience in their lives. I have been a firsthand witness to racial profiling with my husband.

When this is happening to you, you seriously think that this type of thing is impossible, people have rights...

This happens far more in this country than anyone is willing to admit. It is humiliating and degrading. It is an outrage that this continues to happen.

Please step back put yourself in the situation and ask yourself, how would you react? Feel? What would you do?

How would you like to come home from a long trip, and then have a run in with the police in your own home? What would you do? How would you react?

When our situation happened to us (it has also happened to my husband when I have not been with him as well)I was horrified, I felt helpless, I felt violated. I was in utter disbelief that this was happening to us. I replayed the senario over and over in my head...how could things have gone differently??

As long as we as a country continue to let this behavior pass, as long as we as a country continue to look the other way, it will continue to happen.

Maybe if it were to come so close to your own lives you would see it in from a different view.

maybe it's just me, but i let my neighbors know when i'm leaving on a trip and when i expect to be back - plus stop over to let them know i'm back.

ALL your neighbors?? Or just the a few you are closest to? It could have been someone from down the block who happened to drive by at an opportune time...we really don't know do we?

Yes Charles I do notify my neighbors and we keep an eye out on things for each other, but not everyone has that type of relationship with their neighbors.

the ones that i know keep an eye on things. which is the two closest to me.

from what i recall out of the original thread on the story, it sounded like a neighbor living very close to the house, not someone from down the road. ;)

Down the block to me and down the block to you are obviously different...I said down the block...to me, more than my immediate neighbor to the left , right or directly across the street. You took my down the block comment and interpreted "down the road". As we see here in this very thread there is a lot to human interpretaion... isnt there? ;)

mkay......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

It's not for everybody, especially those not raised here. For me it's normal. I have friends to be friendly with. I don't really care to make small talk with strangers, call it what you like.

so you're not friends with your neighbors? :huh:

and it's a given i wouldn't like it - too crowded.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm suspicious of my neighbors right off the bat. They have to convince me they aren't serial killers or terrorists. I give them dirty looks to keep them at bay...they know I mean business.

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

Timeline
I know my neighbors, none of them are my 'friends'.

I tried to get a friend to make an offer on my next door unit but he was too much of a scaredy cat to pull the fvcking trigger.

You guys could have scared them into a deal. You know leave cryptic messages on their front door. A dead rat in their mailbox.

Timeline

note to self: if neighbors are unfriendly, they are probably liberals.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

I tried to get a friend to make an offer on my next door unit but he was too much of a scaredy cat to pull the fvcking trigger.

You guys could have scared them into a deal. You know leave cryptic messages on their front door. A dead rat in their mailbox.

:lol: dumbass

note to self: if neighbors are unfriendly, they are probably liberals.

no, just northeasterners :P

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

so you're not friends with your neighbors? :huh:

and it's a given i wouldn't like it - too crowded.

:no: Who do I look like, Mr. Rogers? :lol:

Some people are friends with their neighbors, but Boston is kind of known for that. It's definitely not like living in the south (the only comparison I have). People are very private here and do not open up. In fact, I used to live in Cambridge, probably not far from Gates, not that I would have known it.

Timeline

:lol: dumbass

:lol: I was kidding of course.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I would be interested in hearing what the cop on the bottom right of the picture has to say.

Gates said on CNN that he was scared when he came out of the house so black cops scare him, too.

"Flashy, entrepreneurial, self-promoting, and outspoken, Gates sometimes comes across more celebrity figure than academic, for which he is frequently criticized by his colleagues in academia. He is wealthy, powerful, and elitist, and has been seen by some black activists as having abandoned efforts to help the less fortunate."

http://www.echofoundation.org/Past%20Proje...s/Biography.htm

Surprised? Nah.

And that makes all the relevance in the world for an arrest. :wacko:

If we were to transfer all those assessments to certain members here on VJ... would you agree it to be probable cause for suspension?

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.