I AM NOT THAT GUY

Bill Cosby comments on Obama’s statement on Harvard prof’s arrest

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I find it a little bit strange that Bill Cosby only and always seems to speak up against black people with claims of racism/discrimination.

Regardless to what you find strange or how you feel about Cosby you have to agree he was right. Obama shouldnt have made such a strong statement without knowning all the facts.

I have to agree he was right? So what if I do? Regardless of whether Cosby is right or wrong about this particular issue (it so happens that I think he is right and not only was Obama wrong, but Gates was wrong), like I said, I find it odd that he's chosen this as his "issue". I know to a lot of people, Cosby is "the right kind of black person." So I guess that's why statements like this of his are so appealing.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Jenn, I think there is a certain body of people who do have the 'right kind of black person' attitude. It's not very helpful however.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline
police academy expert on profiling..... full tenured Harvard scholar.... let me get back to you all on who I find more credible. The decision might take me some time :rofl:

How does him being a Harvard professor make him more creditable?

To me, absolutely.

why?

Because the process of being an academic of his stature, in such an area as his; takes a lot of credibility put to the test every single day. Because Harvard does not tenure idiots - and like I said yesterday, the death matches for tenure and promotion are based on excellence and, duh, credibility. Because his publications are first rate and always with the best of sources; and his lectures amaze and put me in awe. Because when he reviews other scholars' work he is tough, yet fair.

Being a police officer, as deserving of respect as it might be, does not entail any of the above implicitly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
police academy expert on profiling..... full tenured Harvard scholar.... let me get back to you all on who I find more credible. The decision might take me some time :rofl:

To me, absolutely.

why?

Because the process of being an academic of his stature, in such an area as his; takes a lot of credibility put to the test every single day. Because Harvard does not tenure idiots - and like I said yesterday, the death matches for tenure and promotion are based on excellence and, duh, credibility. Because his publications are first rate and always with the best of sources; and his lectures amaze and put me in awe. Because when he reviews other scholars' work he is tough, yet fair.

Being a police officer, as deserving of respect as it might be, does not entail any of the above implicitly.

Well... Harvard can kiss my left foot.

:lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

To me, absolutely.

why?

ugh. i was hoping for a different answer than 'he is a member of *looks to the sky, then to the left* academia'.

7yqZWFL.jpg

To me, absolutely.

why?

ugh. i was hoping for a different answer than 'he is a member of *looks to the sky, then to the left* academia'.

:no: brother. He is not just a member of academia. He is Louis Gates, and having followed him like a fan and a student, I believe him. Not the same thing -- I am not saying ALL academics are like that, and some a re indeed egocentric mother effers (me included :lol: ).I find Gates more credible than these cops. No need for me to actually explain ####### why; but I gave it a try. You don't have to agree of course; yet I don't have to agree with you either.

Timeline

To me, absolutely.

why?

Is he a librul commie now too??

As Woody Allen once said: "Harvard makes mistakes too, you know. Kissinger taught there."

On the news here in Chicago it is apparently harder to get your kids into magnet high schools than it is for people to be accepted at Harvard.

Timeline
On the news here in Chicago it is apparently harder to get your kids into magnet high schools than it is for people to be accepted at Harvard.

-_- Diagnosis.... Ivy League resentment. kthxbai B)

For undergrad I got into Harvard. :P

:o you did??? Certainly because they had to fill in the Puerto Rican quota... right???? Not because you are bright and dedicated. I mean, really. :hehe:

Timeline

:o you did??? Certainly because they had to fill in the Puerto Rican quota... right???? Not because you are bright and dedicated. I mean, really. :hehe:

I also went to one of those magnet high schools.

Must be true though... another uppity minority according to some jerkoffs out there.