I AM NOT THAT GUY

Bill Cosby comments on Obama’s statement on Harvard prof’s arrest

146 posts in this topic

To me the most unfortunate part of this saga is the effort by too many to link this to "Racial profiling".

Has this professor been stopped and arrested on the street because they were looking for a criminal who happened to be black, then you would have an applicable situation.

Once sent to the house, the cop had a duty to investigate anyone ...of any color.

Facts mean nothing in such situations. White cop vs Black professor. By default, white cop will be in the wrong.

Being able to get away with stuff like this is why so-called professors like that stay in the US. Overseas he would have been laughed at. In the US, such bs flies. Especially when you have those fake crusader types who think they are standing up for injustice; even though in reality simply protecting reverse discrimination.

This is no different to what happened in the 60's. The only difference is that by default anyone black who makes an accusation is in the right now.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
To me the most unfortunate part of this saga is the effort by too many to link this to "Racial profiling".

Has this professor been stopped and arrested on the street because they were looking for a criminal who happened to be black, then you would have an applicable situation.

Once sent to the house, the cop had a duty to investigate anyone ...of any color.

Hey don't you have a thread that posts the police report and all that?

Yeah you do! :o

In that report the investigation ends when the ID was verified. Silly Danno you. :P

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Facts mean nothing in such situations. White cop vs Black professor. By default, white cop will be in the wrong.

Being able to get away with stuff like this is why so-called professors like that stay in the US. Overseas he would have been laughed at. In the US, such bs flies. Especially when you have those fake crusader types who think they are standing up for injustice; even though in reality simply protecting reverse discrimination.

So true.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In that report the investigation ends when the ID was verified. Silly Danno you. :P

Actually it's YOU who are silly and misinformed (again)

The investigation must continue.

This exact situation happened to me many years ago when I when in the back door of a family members house.

(although I think I had a key)

After the cop brought me out of the house and I showed him my ID ....and he could plainly see my handsome pic on the wall, he still had me wait on the side of the house as the home owner was contacted.

Afterwards he explained; my picture on the wall and ID was evidence but often a ex-husband (or wife) or any other family member who once lived can return to gain unauthorized entrance or even be part of a theft .

Simply showing ID... even ID with matching address is not the end of the story, it is a important part of the investigation.

In my case, I was not seen breaking in, I was just unknown to the neighbor, still I was not only brought outside but frisked and taken around the side of the house while the other cop searched for evidence of a crime.

Was I a victim of Profiling too?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Bill Cosby 'shocked' at Obama's statement on Harvard prof's arrest

On a Boston radio program this morning, Bill Cosby suggested that President Obama spoke too soon on the controversial arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates.

"I've heard about five different reports [on the details of the arrest]," Cosby said on Boston's WZLX. "If I'm the president of the United States, I don't care how much pressure people want to put on it about race, I'm keeping my mouth shut."

"I was shocked to hear the president making this kind of statement," Cosby said referring to the president's remarks during last night's press conference.

The comedian appeared to have dialed his comments back a bit in a later interview on Boston's FOX 25 television station. Cosby cautioned those from coming up with their own conclusions, but gave the president some leeway.

"People who have not been there, people who don't know are beginning to have their own personal feelings, but they weren't there," Cosby said.

"Does this include the president?" asked the FOX25 reporter.

"It includes everybody," Cosby said. "[but] I would have to take into consideration that he lived in Cambridge for some time so he may know more than he's saying about situations of that sort," Cosby said.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/200...d-profs-arrest/

From this article and a quick scan of all the replies, appears to me, that Bill Cosby is NOT following his own advice about keeping ones' big fat mouth shut! Until he knows all the facts and nothing but the facts. Guess what I found when looking up the word, hypocrite, in my dictionary? A picture of Bill Cosby.

This exact situation happened to me many years ago when I when in the back door of a family members house.

After the cop brought me out of the house and I showed him my ID ....and he could plainly see my handsome pic on the wall, he still had me wait on the side of the house as the home owner was contacted.

Afterwards he explained; my picture on the wall and ID was evidence but often a ex-husband (or wife) or any other family member who once lived can return to gain unauthorized entrance or even be part of a theft .

Simply showing ID... even ID with matching address is not the end of the story, it is a important part of the investigation.

In my case, I was not seen breaking in, I was just unknown to the neighbor, still I was not only brought outside but frisked and taken around the side of the house while the other cop searched for evidence of a crime.

Very good point. The cop doesn't know this guy. For all he knows he could be wanted or have once lived there and not changed his ID, even though a spouse has a restraining order. There are a range of possibilities or unknowns that the officer has to account for. Black or White, under the same circumstances, the officer would have taken the exact same measures with anyone else.

After all, Gates was photographed mouthing off coming out of his house.

Edited by haza

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Very good point. The cop doesn't know this guy. For all he knows he could be wanted or have once lived there and not changed his ID, even though a spouse has a restraining order. There are a range of possibilities or unknowns that the officer has to account for. Black or White, under the same circumstances, the officer would have taken the exact same measures with anyone else.

After all, Gates was photographed mouthing off coming out of his house.

And interesting enough some had suggested, just by looking at Gates the cops should have realized this man was old, dressed well and certainly well spoken (if high in volume) and should have told the cop this was no thief.

IN other words, they wanted to cop to "profile"him..... just not with race.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

No you're a victim of yourself. I could care less what made up particulars you can come up with.

Check (if you can) any rational answer provided above and in any of the multiple Gates threads started by you. The B&E investigation ended when the ID was confirmed. Heck, your own smoking gun police report link provides proof of that. I suggest you stop providing evidence that discredits your strange perspectives if you want to be taken more seriously (you and your increasingly odd multiples).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bill Cosby tends to take a practical outlook on race relations in this country (i.e. knowing the difference between a legitimate case of discrimination and one that isn't) & therefore I give his comments more weight than other individuals (either left or right) that take sides. With that being said & a few days later we now know that President Obama's initial statement was premature (he even admits it). Furthermore it seems pretty apparent that the incident had a lot more to do with overreacting (both the professor & police officer appear guilty of this) than a case of racial profiling.

However there are individuals (both on VJ and in general) that take this opportunity to scoff at the idea that blacks are discriminated against and/or to bash Obama. Basically they are taking this opportunity to promote their own agenda & display their own prejudice (i.e. many people are assuming the professor was at fault & the police officer was completely right, yet the facts of who said & did what are not clear).

President Obama should have waited until more facts were known before making a statement. The professor shouldn't have assumed that the white police officer was racially profiling him. The police officer should have said "thank you, have a nice day" when the professor presented his ID (showing he lived there). None of these things happened & thus the incident was blown way out of proportion. Some of the statements made both on VJ & in general only blow the incident out of proportion further.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Timeline

Last I saw there was going to be a meeting at the White House with beer involved. I am sure the dammed that they do, dammed that they don't crowd will have something to say about that as well. Pathetic. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Last I saw there was going to be a meeting at the White House with beer involved. I am sure the dammed that they do, dammed that they don't crowd will have something to say about that as well. Pathetic. :lol:

Like I said in a related thread everyone (including Obama supporters and even Obama himself) admit that his initial statement was premature and his remark that the "police department acted stupidly" was inappropriate. The VJ right have been all over Obama like Rosie O'Donnell on a bucket of KFC, but these same people were more silent than a fart in church during the Bush years. That speaks volumes about their bias.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg